PDA

View Full Version : zzzz

Brucifer
09-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Another day, and right off the bat I'm getting lots and lots of timeouts. Whatta bummer. The main reason I don't run this project full time.

vaughan
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Sometimes it surprises you and has lots of tasks; then other days lots ZZZzs

Lagu
01-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I have notised eON client :new_sleeping:a lot the last days. It crunch 1 or 2 tasks then ZZZ both 20, 40 and 60 seconds. That makes room for a lot of idle times. It is strange, another days there is a lot of works another days only sporadic but this phenomen is not new but odd.
I wonder why? Is there not enough work?:icon_mad:

AMDave
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Sometimes the MonteCarlo algorithm reaches a balance point ("troublesome state").Then the server has to do a lot of work to decide which way it can move the balance, then off it goes again sending out work again.

This was all discussed at length a long time ago on the eOn forum
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9758&page=2
2 pages later and_ped10 summarised the server side issue on post #97
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9758&page=4

That was a fun trip down memory lane. :)

Lagu
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
AMDave!

Thanks for the link but I got surpriced you have wrote so much in Free-Dc´s forums and not in our own.
Perhaps we not ran eOn the time you wrote?
When I read all you guys had wrote I got an idea: Why not cute and paste it in the tread of eOn?:icon_wink:

AMDave
01-07-2007, 08:30 PM
It's the official eOn forum.
Free DC host the official eOn forum, just like they do for the Seventeen or Bust forum..

Lagu
01-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Ah, now I understand. I know they host SOB but not eOn. Sure I have missed somthing.:)

Lagu
05-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Damn eOn as have been sleeping a lot the last week and now I get works the whole time and just when we shall have our race. I dont think I will run eOn at the same time because if i run my Intel Core2 Duo as shall use 50% each of the prosessor is slowed down. One core use 50 % the second 24-25 %. It isn´t worth run it. If it had been 5 % but this is too mush. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_wink:

Danish Dynamite
02-03-2008, 12:34 AM
i have been getting these error messages
[FIDA] Reporting Results
[FIDA] Connecting to Server
[FIDA] Failed - RecvIdaMessage
[FIDA] Failed - Report results
[FIDA] ZZZ - Sleep for 60 seconds
even with above error messages and no new work being downloaded my results count on web site is still going up

Nflight
02-03-2008, 01:13 AM
even with above error messages and no new work being downloaded my results count on web site is still going up
It is the oddest of Non-Boinc projects, your points will continue to go up in value. We don't design these projects we just participate in the oddest platforms, but if points values it is that your after, Eon is willing to dish the points out, with or without Zzzz'z!

Nflight
05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
My Score the last 2 weeks has been less then 500 points daily average. For all the work I have going right now, this one makes me the most angry, I could use that extra CPU for something else other then the crap on a stick EoN Project.

Ever Since there in house worker bee has taken over our stats output has shriveled. I am about to disembowel myself from this predicament and place my worthy and loyal cpu's on my productive operations. Any Comments ?

Beerknurd
05-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Yea, get out of Eon... You are building too much of a lead on me... :icon_wink: