PDA

View Full Version : Tasks available

vaughan
09-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Methinks that AMDave has borged some more boxen :!:

Looks like he has found a way to run eOn when its got work units freely available. Daily output exceeding antarax's so Dave must be doing something special. Did you sort out the PXE nodes? :roll:

AMDave
09-22-2006, 12:55 PM
"Ye_". No....not quite yet :lol:
Completed the node testing, but resolving the DHCP server daemon issue has not progressed. I'll likely get back to that next weekend after the phase-1 rollout of a work project.

I finished a PSP range but with not enough time to set up the next run, I re-posted those boxen to eon whilst the iron is hot. Also got an extra node "dn05" yesterday - hoping I get to keep this one - so I'm spinning it up on eon in the short term until I get the time to "kick the tyres" ('till my toes hurt, so to speak :D )

I suppose I might :roll: have added a couple others for the moment :twisted:

I had estimated a slightly higher output than I am getting, but it will do fttb.
The amount of zzz's is scary but at least my office cools down a little every hour or so :lol: I am hoping that it's going to be a REALLY warm weekend :pottytrain5:

Brucifer
09-22-2006, 02:03 PM
yeah.... the zzzz's are just out of hand again. That's why I quit running it way back. And I know a lot of others that were running it really heavy cooled their heels on it too. It was running really great a month ago, and now it's giving me zzz's every time I put anything on it so I've just given up on it again. :(

AMDave
09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
I can empathise :cry:

ITMT I'm grabbing what's available.

Brucifer
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM
These current work units appear to be long ones, not outputting too many for the number of systems I have on it at the moment. Would sure be nice if we could get some short ones!! :)

vaughan
10-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Dave got them on the weekend :let_it_all_out:

AMDave
10-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Aww. Sweet of you to notice ;)

It is getting warm again. Very warm.
I hope the borgs (elsewhere) don't go PHUT! in the heat or my name will be mud.

I can assure you that my office is getting uncomfortably hot.
Our HVAC (15amp) circuit shorted recently and the breaker won't stay on.
We ran an extension cable to the Aircon from the kitchen and it ran ok on the 10amp circuit for the last 2 days.
Better get in a sparky to fix it though, eh?
It's not even summer yet!
I'm going to have to think ahead on this one.

Brucifer
10-16-2006, 07:45 PM
heh! Sounds like a replay, only on the other side of the planet!! :) I had a hot summer, but it's cooling down nice now. I can crank along with the stuff all running, it's just that I'm out of electricity now. Need to get an electrician in to see what it would cost me to get some more juice drug into the house. Of course the wife gives me one of those looks every time I mention it.

@vaughan -- sorry about the bump but it's all in the name of getting up past that UW team. :)

gatekeeper53
10-16-2006, 08:18 PM
One of the few problems I planned for in this house was pleanty of juice. When my dad built our first new house in 1960 he put in a 60amp service and felt it would be great. Along came aircon, micro waves, stereos, tv's in more than one room, garage door openers, and he even had an electric chair at the end. So, when I built this house I put in a 400 amp service. Sounds crazy but so did 100 amp 50 years ago. I did have to run a new circut to our bedroom to supply the 3 systems we have in here.

Brucifer
10-20-2006, 04:56 AM
We had a pretty good run on the points today. While the work units weren't short ones by any means, at least we got a few more than usual. :)

Brucifer
10-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Looks like things are chugging along pretty well for the time being with eon. I noticed the other day that I could run eon along with the psp sieving, once instance each on a single processor under linux and there was only like 2 or 3 kps penalty on psp output using prothsieve on an old athlon xp2400+. Just gotta make sure there's enough memory installed so the system doesn't go into swap usage. And when the eon goes into the zzz's thing it doesn't make a hoot cause the sieving just uses it all. Best of all, one doesn't have to dink around with "nice-ing" anything, just use them both out of the box. Works really great on my amd-64's.

And the big bonus is that there isn't a hit on the eon. When the work is there it just chugs along like it's running all by itself.

Brucifer
10-30-2006, 03:33 AM
Tried doing the same thing on my XP-64 system.......... :( No workie like in linux. Linux is more efficient on sharing clock cycles evidently.

vaughan
11-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Hey Brucifer, I noticed you came back to eOn ... just when I thought I could sneek past :icon_razz:

Brucifer
11-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I hadn't even been paying any attention to it, and then yesterday I just happened to start an instance on my desktop system and noticed that it was running rather quickly, and that I wasn't here. So moved back here and ran several instances of eon. However, don't give up hope :) You will probably still make it past me cause I just don't run it all the time. And after I clear up a little more sieving, I want to hit dnetc again for a while. :)

meanwhile, just sneak away. :)

Brucifer
12-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey Brucifer, I noticed you came back to eOn ... just when I thought I could sneek past :icon_razz:

Go for it Vaughan. I've pulled out so you can get the yellow.

Unfortunately it appears that the team is really pretty much a boinc effort now with not much work going in to the non-boinc or traditional type projects. So I'm gonna head off where there's some more people to crunch with on the traditional end of things, and there's people to interact with on those kind of projects. I wish you all the best on your boinc-ing! :)

Ototero
12-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Am I the only non boincer left crunching here?

Don't leave me all alone.

Lagu
12-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Go for it Vaughan. I've pulled out so you can get the yellow.

Unfortunately it appears that the team is really pretty much a boinc effort now with not much work going in to the non-boinc or traditional type projects. So I'm gonna head off where there's some more people to crunch with on the traditional end of things, and there's people to interact with on those kind of projects. I wish you all the best on your boinc-ing! :)

I think you should try run MoneyBee. No babysitting and I and Ototero run it.:icon_wink:

Beerknurd
12-08-2006, 06:25 AM
Am I the only non boincer left crunching here?

Don't leave me all alone.

I remember about a year ago, I wouldn't crunch any Boinc projects.. Now look at me... :lol:

gatekeeper53
12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
With computers there is only one hard and fast rule. "Change or shrivel and die". Absolutely everything else is subject to change.