PDA

View Full Version : NEW to AMDUsers

ctngang
10-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Hello yall just wanted to stop in and poke around and meet some of ya was also wondering about a few things but ill post that after i look around a bit thanks for the invite

Ctngang

NeoGen
10-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Welcome to the forums Ctngang! :D

We're in transition stage to a new main page and boards right now, don't be alarmed if things change around here in the coming days. We're all still here and that's what matters. :)

So... what projects do you crunch on? And how big of a "pharm" have you got? We're always curious about that, particularly about the hardwares each person has. There's some people with scary pharms around here. :lol:

Do come around often and post at will. There's lots of stuff always going on. :)

Have fun!

ctngang
10-01-2006, 11:09 PM
CPU type : AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
Number of CPUs : 1
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2
Memory: 1023.48 MB
Cache: 976.56 KB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 Adapter RAM 128.00 MB
custom built

and im only doing 1 project Einstein@Home

I would do more but it seems to take to long to get anything done right now i can get 1 file done every 7 hours and thats a 100% cpu i would be glad to get some help on makeing this computer work faster

NeoGen
10-01-2006, 11:41 PM
I've been away from Einstein for quite a while... but there might be someone here who knows if Akosf optimized applications are still out there and being used. Those were real good from what I remember.

If you ever feel like changing to projects with shorter workunits we sport a bundle of other boinc projects, see here on our stats page:
http://www.amdusers.com/stats

vaughan
10-02-2006, 02:28 AM
Welcome to our team ctngang. Glad to have you here. 8)

gatekeeper53
10-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Welcome ctngang!! If you like short WU's you can try Tanpaku (few run over 120 min most are around 40 min). The reason I like it is with the short units I have feedback quickly from any changes I make. I like to compare the finished wu's to see how I did against a variety of other machines. If this intrests you send me a PM with your email and I'll set you up with a client that I think you'll like. But, whatever you decide to run good luck!