PDA

View Full Version : Having difficulties running Boinc Lately

Nflight
10-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I seem to have overcome a horrendous hurdle the last few days, My machines although mighty were getting trampled by other machines. It all came down to the drystone measurements on the benchmarks. My former Benchmarks running what I thought was Optimized clients turned out to be quite the opposite, I actually was shooting myself in the foot. Drystone before removing Boinc All together was just under 2000, after a reinstall of the Boinc platform came up with much higher numbers. I never want to see 1998 for a drystone measurement ever again.

If you look at my score you will notice one of my machines has had to start over for RAC, life is not always easy in the IT world!:sad2::happy6::bduh::all_coholic:

gatekeeper53
10-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Glad to see you have it under control now. Did you slide in 5.5.0? Seems to be the best match for my machines.

Nflight
10-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Actually my numbers will not rise due to unforseen configuration alterations. Seems the Run on preferences was set and not run always, so I was running for about 5 hours really slow. I am now in thunder mode, finally!:let_it_all_out:

gatekeeper53
10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
If you would like to make up for a little lost time you can oc it (even past point of stability as long as it will run for 10 minutes) run a benchmark. Then take it back to normal and don't renew the benchmark.

NeoGen
10-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Hey, that's a neat trick! Boinc only performs self-benchmarking every 3 or 4 days, so you would get good points during that time.

Nflight
10-17-2006, 12:17 AM
If you would like to make up for a little lost time you can oc it.

Actually that is why Rocketship is named that, OC was guided by a previous Over Clocker named Mitro, whom without his guidance I would not be able to crunch as much as I am.

gatekeeper53
10-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Neo,

Tanpaku has never reset mine. And Nflight if you woulf set your connect to the server every preferance to about .00001 you would stop having points taken by someone running the wu first.