PDA

View Full Version : 700,000 in Tanpaku

Nflight
10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
In my previous posts I have made amazing calculations that have the team effort passing another team, on what day and sometimes as close to hours as possible. At this time we will pass the Japanese team in 36 days, as long as no one loses any machines, or leaves their current posts.

Way to go Team, we are crunching almost 100,000 points in less then one week, or seven days!:wav::qgreenjumpers::bigcrowd:

AMDave
10-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Great going Team!
We have a fiesty crew of crunchers here.

Welcome also to Geoffrey, Catherine, Patrick, TXnDon and seefood who have joined in over the last few days.
We're having a Tanpaku party :-)

Beerknurd
10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Woo Hoo!!!

Lagu
10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
We have 2 japanese and 2 womans in Tanpaku. Whish other project has two girls? We is only 43 I think. Perhaps Einstein has more girls but there is over 300 participants I beleive.

Catrine is wife of Geoffry and they are from Skandinavia as me. We only wait partisipants from Finland, Denmark and Island. Then we can create a Scandinavian team and run across AMDusers:laughing3:

Nflight
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey Beerknurd your going to fly over the 100,000 mark very soon. If I miss it with so much speed that you have, congratulations big guy! ! ! :blob3:

Beerknurd
10-17-2006, 05:12 PM
It's comming... Slowly but surely... Thanks Nflight!!!

gatekeeper53
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
YAY!!!!! We can overtake the Japan team and get first place if we stick with it another 930+ days!!!! GO TEAM GO!!!! :lol:

This from Beer on 10/9 and as of today we have it down to 36.01 days. I would say we are making great progress!!! That less that 10 days!!

Nflight
10-18-2006, 12:46 AM
We all need to commend our fearless leader here at Tanpaku as Gatekeeper53 has just jumped into stardom with 10th place overall. That means he is now in the realm of the tops of the AMDusers team. Congratualtions Terry, A job Well Done!:headbang::icon_cheers:

World Ranking : http://stats.amdusers.com/amd_users_world_rankings.html

gatekeeper53
10-18-2006, 08:01 AM
lol Thank you NF. I don't know about stardom but I do know I'm having more fun than I ever did as an admin weinee. I find that I was much happier when I was codeing and troubleshooting the machines than the later years when it was all paperwork and budget fights. What I throw in is worthless without everyone else that is doing the same. We now have 719,650 and with 4 more days like today it'll top 800,000. I see that Beer has his other machine back up and is flying. Plus Blackheath must be enjoying the cool weather as his machines are making great numbers as are you. Maybach, Hermann, Lagu, and several others are really helping. Geffery and Cathrine are wonderful additions to the team. As a team we stand to push into first place. The team in front of us is mostly one person and anyone is now subject to the synergy of this group of crunchers. We should have #1 in less than 30 days.

Strongbow
10-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Way to go Terry! ...I'm creeping up slowly but I'll have to buy plenty more machines to get you sweating! 8-)

Nflight
10-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Work Completed October 17th:
AMD Users Team = 23,131
Protein Structural Analysis Room = 9,170

Difference = 13,961

With that difference we moved up on the Japanese Team a whole lot !

Great job everyone ! ! ! From each person comes stamina and hard work to achieve greatness, if no one compliments you in person you look like the rest of us for camaraderie online. I care about what each person is doing, and I wish to support anyone with advice or assistance as I have found myself asking when something just won't work. Thank You one and all for being part of this great effort !

ETA to over take = 30.24 Days

Lagu
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
lol Thank you NF. I don't know about stardom but I do know I'm having more fun than I ever did as an admin weinee. I find that I was much happier when I was codeing and troubleshooting the machines than the later years when it was all paperwork and budget fights. What I throw in is worthless without everyone else that is doing the same. We now have 719,650 and with 4 more days like today it'll top 800,000. I see that Beer has his other machine back up and is flying. Plus Blackheath must be enjoying the cool weather as his machines are making great numbers as are you. Maybach, Hermann, Lagu, and several others are really helping. Geffery and Cathrine are wonderful additions to the team. As a team we stand to push into first place. The team in front of us is mostly one person and anyone is now subject to the synergy of this group of crunchers. We should have #1 in less than 30 days.

Thank you gatekeeper53 for your kind words. I have all my computers in Tanpaku even my Intel Pentium II, 350 Mhz, 128 MB ram, OS=Win ME. It run a WU many hours (6-8,5) but earn points and it is the most importand. I have notised this computer claimed 0 points but earned 3.90 i guess thanks to another Intel P4 3.0 GHz. That computer was faster but claimed so little. If there had been an AMD I sure should get more points. Pentium II sems to be worthless but hey it is to early to crap it. I use it normally to crunc Moneybee where every work units takes 5 hours. But to be honestly I chould have 256 MB or 384 MB but this computer is a Compaq and the memory is special. I can not buy a new memory by my reseller. Perhaps he can order memory if I pray him.:hat27:

Beerknurd
10-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I will hit 100,000 today!!!!

P.S.

Ars Technica is ramping up... Be on the lookout... They out-produced the Japanese team yesterday.

gatekeeper53
10-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Congrats Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100,000 and zooming^

Beerknurd
10-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Terry,

You should be about ready to move to another project huh?? I would hate for you to get bored with the same old Tanpaku project....:icon_twisted:

Strongbow
10-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Well done Beer, I just noticed you've made 100k!

:icon_salut::icon_salut::icon_salut::icon_salut:

gamer007
10-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Congrats Beer. I passed 5000 a few days ago. A milestone for me considering my stats. :laughing11:

I plan on making TANPAKU the 1st project for me to surpass 10k.

Beerknurd
10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
I think this is my first 100,000+ Boinc project... Go me!!!!!

Nflight
10-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Go Beer ! ! !

On another note I was surfing the Tanpaku page and found the Top Computers has a few of our machines in the top 20.

http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/top_hosts.php?sort_by=expavg_credit

Terry - 4800 Machine in 3rd place
Beerknurd - 4200 Machine in 4th place
Beerknurd - Pentium D machine in 6th place
Blackheath - Opteron 248 machine in 9th place
Nflight - 4200 Machine (Wildcat) in 14th place
Terry - 3500 Machine in 16th place
Terry - 3200 Machine in 19th place

If your computers are hidden from the rest of the world your stats will not be visible here. I would say that there are some more computers from Blackheath's array but we can't see them!:blob3:

Strongbow
10-18-2006, 09:34 PM
If your computers are hidden from the rest of the world your stats will not be visible here. I would say that there are some more computers from Blackheath's array but we can't see them!:blob3:

One of mine is at #10 and climbing and there's another in the top 20 ranks now that I've removed F@H on them! ...anyway, I'm in stealth mode trying to sneak up on Terry and Beer whilst they're celebrating with cocktails and canapés in the 100k club! :hat30::hat30::hat30:

Lagu
10-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Congrats Beerknurd.
Waaaaay toooo gooooooo!:)

Lagu
10-18-2006, 10:50 PM
I´m now over 10,000 points. To be exact i have right now 10,202,4 points. I have gone as a raket from 8,164,8 points to 10,202,4 points from Oct 15 to Oct 18 a difference of 2,037,6 points.:eusa_boohoo:

But it is a little strange: Yesterday I had ca 8,800 points. I wonder how often they update their stats page?

gatekeeper53
10-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Come on up Black I've got a couple more machines chaseing you. LOL Lots of room on this first page!! I still have a few that haven't made it this far yet. I'm still trying to teach my son that when he gets done with his online gameing to shut the game down. It just don't play well with Tampaku.

gatekeeper53
10-18-2006, 10:55 PM
DC Vault does it every morning at 2am my time which is GMT -5. Well at least for 2 more days then GMT -6. Daylight savings time ends Sat. And the stats on Tampaku pages update about every 15 minutes. Some times you have to toggle from total pts to RAC to see the new stats. It will be on one or the other but update the other before long.

Beerknurd
10-18-2006, 10:58 PM
One of mine is at #10 and climbing and there's another in the top 20 ranks now that I've removed F@H on them! ...anyway, I'm in stealth mode trying to sneak up on Terry and Beer whilst they're celebrating with cocktails and canapés in the 100k club! :hat30::hat30::hat30:

Hey.... That's not nice!!!!!

gatekeeper53
10-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Hi Beer! Congrats on the 100!!!

Beerknurd
10-18-2006, 11:37 PM
thanks!!!!

Beerknurd
10-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Wow... I finally got a 3000 point RAC. It's about time....

gatekeeper53
10-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Saw that, your back to 3.1 machines lol

Beerknurd
10-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Yep, at least for the time being... By the end of the year, I hope to be at 5.1 machines...

Strongbow
10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey.... That's not nice!!!!!

:angel12: Ohhh c'mon, you would have easily eaten all the canapés by the time I'm allowed into the 100k club!!

Nflight, I'm in your rear view mirror matey!!! :5badair:

We had some hiccups today with Tanpaku, low on WUs - it does look like they are sorting it out again now though. Nothing unusual (happens every few days) but I don't like it when a few of my systems are idle for a few mins!
Best start calling me Mr.Impatient!!! :blob8:

AMDave
10-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Great guns Beerknurd!
That's tops.

Strongbow
10-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I've gotta say this! ...we are really storming along here and picking it up everyday!

Way to go everyone!
:blob7::5grouphug::blob7:

Just at look at these stats:blob7:...
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=tan

gatekeeper53
10-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm getting real impatient. This is the first time since I started this that it's been this bad. It's 4:30 am Tokyo time and if this isn't cleared up by 9 their time I'm going to call and ask about it.

Beerknurd
10-19-2006, 06:44 PM
I hope they don't dump on us..... That would suck!

Nflight
10-19-2006, 06:55 PM
All is back to normal I hope? I have just got confirmation we are getting some needed help on this project, someone I pm'd acknowledged he is joining the project. Hang on till tomorrow to see who it is! Oh I lost my Rocketship today because of a Furball. I removed the furry thing and now Rocketship is purring like a lion. I was only down about an hour or so.

Evil-Dragon
10-19-2006, 07:33 PM
I'll put two machines on it also! :3some:

EDIT: actually after reading several threads on the Tanpaku forum it has put me off crunching this project. Apparently they're wasting resources by doing a replication of 3 with a quorum of 1. Seems wasteful to me.

Athlon_Junkie
10-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Hmmmm, I don't know why I would do that?

Nflight
10-20-2006, 09:58 AM
I'll put two machines on it also! :3some:

EDIT: actually after reading several threads on the Tanpaku forum it has put me off crunching this project. Apparently they're wasting resources by doing a replication of 3 with a quorum of 1. Seems wasteful to me.

Actually Evil-Dragon this would be for accuracy of work unit clarification, They are looking for accurate results throughout the process. I believe they call it redundancy for the good of man kind.

Lagu
10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
My old Intel PII is running Thanpaku but when I check all the WU´s as is done successfully I have no information about used CPU-time. 0 claimed credits and 0 granted credits. It seems to be a known problem when running Win98 or maybe Win ME. In their forum peoples have talked about this issue.

You can read about it on this link:
http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/forum_thread.php?id=39

And you can watch my computer here: http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/results.php?hostid=8481 (http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/results.php?hostid=8481)

It is no idea post a message in their forums because the lack of communication between the staff and we as crunch. It is best to take this computer to Moneybee instead. There I not waste any time. I earn so little points yet.

Beerknurd
10-20-2006, 03:23 PM
What happened to your production Terry????

gatekeeper53
10-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry Guys.

My sister had a massive heart attack yesterday and I spent the night at the hospital. She passed away this morning. I guess after I left the power threw one of it's fits as when I checked last night all puters were down. I'll be busy for the next couple of days. Good crunching to all.

Strongbow
10-20-2006, 03:39 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss Terry.

Do what is right and then come back when things settle down as much as they possibly can after such a tragedy - for what it's worth, you are amongst friends here even though we all have never met in person!

Wishing you and your family much calm and happy reflections of her life over this difficult time.

Andy

Lagu
10-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Gatekeeper53!

I’m sorry to hear your lose of a beloved sister as I’m sure was a beautiful woman. It is hard when a next of kin no longer is on the earth. But you have sure many nice and happy memory of her.

Now you would do what is necessary and do what you feel for and let your grief come to you, cry if you must and let your computers have a rest. Then when you feel you are ready we will greet you back with open arms.

My thoughts goes to your family.

Lagu

Nflight
10-20-2006, 04:57 PM
My condolenses Terry:icon_cry: we will be giving the Project all we can till your return. You know we can't get over the Japanese team without you!

Beerknurd
10-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm sooooooo sorry Terry. Our hearts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ototero
10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
I hope she had a good life until the end.
Look after yourself. Take care.

NeoGen
10-20-2006, 05:20 PM
My condolences too Terry. :-( I was once told that God takes close to him first those He loves the most. :-(

I've once seen a team that had a special memorial account that everyone can crunch for (shared password). We could create one of those on boinc projects for example and add on the profile the names of all of our beloved ones that have left.

Nflight
10-21-2006, 02:32 AM
I can see it in the distance and feel the rumble as he approaches, the end is near my friends I am about to be over taken by his English horses in just a few hours. I hear he drives a BMW and likes to roar done the highway, I am driving a peice of crap American made under powered Pontiac and I just can't keep that powerful sound breaking machine behind me any longer.

Thanks Blackheath for the dust in my teeth because when I get to read this reply I will be waking up to my crumpled paint chipped tin lizzy you just over took. You owe me two pints, if we ever meet in person. I feel that could happen with a lot of us in the future. Friendships have been born and good realtionships online lead to making the effort to travel to meet in person.

Thanks for the competition:icon_salut:

Beerknurd
10-21-2006, 02:36 AM
He will be catching me in no time at all.... Maybe he will get bored and quit before that happens...

gatekeeper53
10-21-2006, 02:46 AM
OR......maybe you'll get those 2 new machines. Wife is feeling sorry for me and said I could order the parts to fill out another "parts" machine. I think she just wants to get my mind of crap going on. She knows when I stick my head into building a computer the rest of the world goes away. Beer did you get my email? I'm just checking in on my laptop from time to time to get a break and check on the systems at home. Can't use this to crunch it has some classified files on it and the Gov. frowns on it being online all the time. So, it goes wherever I do.

vaughan
10-21-2006, 02:49 AM
May I pass on my sincere condolences. I hope things settle down for you mate. Take time to heal.

gatekeeper53
10-21-2006, 02:53 AM
Thanks Vaughn,
I really am overwelmed by the response from the people here and again I want to thank everyone.

Beerknurd
10-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Yes I got your email Terry.

gatekeeper53
10-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Beer,

I'm going to send you another in a minute. The wife relented on her toy ban.

Beerknurd
10-21-2006, 04:53 AM
ok, I will wait for one.

gatekeeper53
10-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Way to go Terry! ...I'm creeping up slowly but I'll have to buy plenty more machines to get you sweating! 8-)

No sweat now the goddess I'm married to has raised the "no new toys till xmas" ban. I got to order another dual core 4400+ also a dual core laptop (the laplop is her's) and parts to build 2 more systems (a duron 1.8 and a pent 1.8). I guess I'll run longhorn on them while it's free. They should start showing up on wendsday.

Beerknurd
10-21-2006, 07:33 AM
YAY for more toys!!!!!

Nflight
10-21-2006, 11:41 AM
The stampede is here, there is no more waiting. Over 500 horses will be trampling me with in the next two hours, but wait once the stampede is gone I can shake off that stigma and return to normalcy once again. It is the bruises and hysteria that comes with 1 ton animals breaking my bones while we are both running at a full gallop that hurts. I could just turn off my 2 trusting steads and wait till the storm passes. Nah I can't do that, this is great fun and I can't stop!

Congrats there Blackheath, keep up the good work!:icon_salut:

Strongbow
10-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey Nflight,

I've just had a little:pottytrain5: and I may have just given myself a quick :5badair: to get past you. You certainly put up a good :boxing: mate!

So I must :icon_salut: you and then give you a quick :hello:

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:
(until the next time!!!)