PDA

View Full Version : What Theme should be default?

Jeff
05-17-2004, 03:55 AM
What theme does the team want to be the default one? This will be the theme that loads up when visitors are viewing AMDUsers.com

The 2 custom ones that were made were the original "amdusers" and the newly created "xtreme"

You may view the themes by clicking "Your Account" and then click "Themes". Choose from the themes listed in the drop down menu.

If you have trouble, email me at admin@amdusers.com or PM me.

Jeff

vaughan
05-17-2004, 11:58 AM
I like this menu format in Windows. However, I still haven't managed to master the flash installation in Mandrake. Not the end of the earth as I can always reboot to Windows if I want to navigate the site.

Jeff
05-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Yes, Linux users will have a hard time using the flash menu. However, I believed this menu was easier to navigate.

I will contine to look for Menu modules that would be good for us...but so far, nothing.

95% of our visitors are most likely Windows users.

Jeff

em99010pepe
05-17-2004, 06:09 PM
What's the difference between them?

vaughan
05-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Under Linux Mandrake 9.2 when you first visit our home page it says it cannot load Macromedia Flash. It then suggests a link that doesn't work. Several hours of mucking around later with a download or two under the hood you then encounter Linux's next problem ... how do you install the file you just downloaded? Many PM's or e-mails later to BR and endless frustration with the blasted thing you give up and reboot into Windows ... now you see the Flash menu on the left hand side of our home page.

What we need is a link (not a flash button) to a text friendly version of the home page. I don't know how you do this but it would be great for dial-up users too.