PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about LC?

gatekeeper53
11-12-2006, 09:18 AM
After reading some of the material in their forums and watching my own systems run in this project I don't think I'll be running it. I think that they have a lot of problems that will need to be worked out and it doesn't look to me as if they are trying very hard. One of the problems that I ran across is at this link:http://boinc.gorlaeus.net/workunit.php?wuid=1560482 It seems that one of the WU's that I ran had been run twice by the same computer on 2 different days and with different times (about 15 minutes difference). I haven't got a clue (normal state for me) as to how the credits are awarded and I don't feel like I'm alone there judgeing by the forums. At this time I just don't feel that it is worth my machine time. If there is anyone that knows about this project can set me straight I would be interested in hearing it.

Murray
11-12-2006, 10:14 AM
After reading some of the material in their forums and watching my own systems run in this project I don't think I'll be running it. I think that they have a lot of problems that will need to be worked out and it doesn't look to me as if they are trying very hard. One of the problems that I ran across is at this link:http://boinc.gorlaeus.net/workunit.php?wuid=1560482 It seems that one of the WU's that I ran had been run twice by the same computer on 2 different days and with different times (about 15 minutes difference). I haven't got a clue (normal state for me) as to how the credits are awarded and I don't feel like I'm alone there judgeing by the forums. At this time I just don't feel that it is worth my machine time. If there is anyone that knows about this project can set me straight I would be interested in hearing it.

There are a few projects like this which I also feel are time wasters:cussing:

Nflight
11-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Each project has its own little nuances, nothing out there had the possibility of high numbers like TanPaku, That project is alone in allowances of high crunching numbers from Optimized clients. LC is not like that you will not be getting high numbers, you will get frustrated if your thought pattern is hoping for similarities like Tanpaku. Give the crunching a day ot two and you will find a new path that will allow you the direction to go with the project. If after 2 or 3 days and your still not happy, then push to another project, I believe I am having difficulties with Tanpaku as my Optimized Crunching has just ceased and I did nothing to change it!

gatekeeper53
11-12-2006, 12:09 PM
No thanks. Not worth my time till they clean up their act.

Beerknurd
11-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey Nflight... Make sure you run CPU benchmarks on all your PC's running boinc projects.I was losing 1000+ points a day. I just ran the CPU benchmarks and that fixed it. Good Luck.

Nflight
11-12-2006, 04:32 PM
As for the crunching a project and you don't like Leiden Classical, Try ufluids => Lebo has started a full campaign on this project and I just attached to it also! Seems optimized clients get the higher credits as well on this one!

LeBo
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Yep. I'm running uFluids now. WUs are flowing good. Not many points per WU.:(