PDA

View Full Version : ABC@Home

Nflight
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Has anyone heard of a project called ABC@home ? :blob3:

http://www.abcathome.com/

Scooter
11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
i hadnt heard of it but now i have! and they misspelled triples i do believe on the front page

NeoGen
11-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Yup... have seen it around (boinc synergy's forums->Rumoured boinc projects)

Account creation is closed though... :-(

Nflight
11-13-2006, 11:22 AM
One of the reasons I posted was the recent dating of the News! Which happens to be last week. I would say they are close to bringing out the project to the public. Just my thoughts :blob3:

NeoGen
11-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Let's hope so!
I'll keep scanning the site regularly to see if they open account creation.
I'm all ready to jump in. :)

gatekeeper53
11-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Just what is it they are doing?

gatekeeper53
11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Weren't there things called tribbles on the old StarTrek series?

Scooter
11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
if you really want to know check this out

http://www.math.uu.nl/people/beukers/ABCpresentation.pdf

gatekeeper53
11-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Yup that cleared it all up for me LMAO. Thanks anyway.

Scooter
11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
hey it made sence to me but i always loved math ....lol

Nflight
11-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Gatekeeper53 I see your a wiz at Analytical Calculus or was that Differential Equations. Let me see if we construct an algorithm that simulates the paradox's that lie waiting around each corner of where to crunch I am certain only Great Team members of the AMDusers Team would participate?

Anyone want to delve into our own designed project? Anyone here with a BioInformatics Degree?

Scooter
11-13-2006, 12:20 PM
ummm...I think we should design our own project but I dont have that degree sorry!!!!

NeoGen
11-13-2006, 01:48 PM
I have a plan for a project for a couple of years already, but not enough knowledge and even less free time to work on it...:icon_confused:

Evil-Dragon
11-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Do tell! :blob3:

NeoGen
11-13-2006, 05:35 PM
NeoRSA :icon_cool:
(I should trademark the name or something before someone uses it... lol :icon_razz:)

(It would be) an attempt to break RSA keys, as per the RSA challenge.
http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2093
I have a few ideas and "home grown" algorithms in mind that altough far from matching in efficiency the current state of the art algorithms, they would be (relatively) easy to implement, but require loads of disk space (server-side) and cpu power (client-side :icon_wink:).

Scooter
11-13-2006, 05:54 PM
NeoRSA :icon_cool:
(I should trademark the name or something before someone uses it... lol :icon_razz:)

(It would be) an attempt to break RSA keys, as per the RSA challenge.
http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2093
I have a few ideas and "home grown" algorithms in mind that altough far from matching in efficiency the current state of the art algorithms, they would be (relatively) easy to implement, but require loads of disk space (server-side) and cpu power (client-side :icon_wink:).

I like the idea and think it worthy of the challenge...Am curious as to the algoithms but i shall not ask too much ...lol think it is something to seriously consider

Brucifer
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Heh.... :) Would be a kick, but in reality it would be a job to implement, along with some long term costs for equipment and all. Just look at distributed.net as an example and they have "years" of work to go yet theoretically.

steinfal
11-14-2006, 03:13 AM
RSAMD : Numbers are running scared
or
AMD-RSA : The ultimate duo

Anyway...

I was thinking about the original post...

How do you think people, such as the admin for the BOINC stats page that first reported this project, find out about these projects? They must have some source from which to gather there information. I am always sniffing around. I would like to see whatever they are using.

NeoGen
11-14-2006, 06:59 AM
It is possible to be on top of these news, but it's not easy. For example, if one belongs to the boinc developers mailing lists it has better chances to know about upcoming projects, as new people tend to ask for help there to set up their projects.
But there are also the boinc message boards, boinc chats, and more out there...

Development message boards - http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/

steinfal
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
I just went to check that out. It never occurred to me to look at BOINC's site for information (not sure why). There is a lot of great stuff there. Thanks much for the tip.

NeoGen
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
No luck for us yet...

16 november, 2006
Testing still hasn't started yet, our apologies. We are still doing some work on the client, to make it faster, more static and more reliable.

Scooter
11-21-2006, 12:02 PM
its up and running

http://abcathome.com/

Evil-Dragon
11-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Account created, need someone to create the team!

http://abcathome.com/create_account_form.php

Evil-Dragon
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Nevermind, i have created the team. I'll pass it over when a mod has created an account.

Big Whiskey
11-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Scooter User of the Moment:icon_cool:

Another beta test:blob3:

gatekeeper53
11-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Should be plenty of teams created then. I set one up also but then got busy and didn't get here in time lol

gamer007
11-21-2006, 03:41 PM
We have 2 AMD Users. One AMDUsers (founder is Terry) and AMD Users.

Evil-Dragon
11-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Terry needs to move to "AMD Users" as a few of us are already under the proper one.

gatekeeper53
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
The "proper" one is in 19th place.

Nflight
11-21-2006, 05:14 PM
First I joined Terry's and now I have joined Evil Dragons! I sure hope all this hopping around counts for something. I am in lets roll in some good numbers and take first place! :dontknow: :5eek: :blob3:

Error detected already;
11/21/2006 1:17:25 PM|ABC@home|Sending scheduler request to http://abcathome.com/abc_cgi/cgi
11/21/2006 1:17:25 PM|ABC@home|Reason: Requested by user
11/21/2006 1:17:25 PM|ABC@home|Requesting 1728 seconds of new work
11/21/2006 1:17:30 PM|ABC@home|Scheduler request succeeded
11/21/2006 1:17:30 PM|ABC@home|Message from server: Not sending work - last request too recent: 372 sec
There not sending me work, thats not very nice!

Evil-Dragon
11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Finished my first 2 WU's. They took about 3-4hrs :icon_neutral:

The progress counter is a bit crap as well but it does work (sorta)

NeoGen
11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Just joined in, at first on Terry's team, but then I read the posts here, and so I switched to Evil-Dragon's one.
We should ask on the boards for a merger of the two teams, no?

Evil-Dragon
11-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Neo, shall I pass the team over to you now that you've joined it? It's only right that a mod should have access rights to the team.

NeoGen
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
No need... I'm sure Vaughan will be there shortly... :icon_wink:

vaughan
11-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm in too. Evil-Dragon ... when you are ready please. :icon_cool:

Evil-Dragon
11-21-2006, 08:30 PM
vaughan is now Founder of AMD Users

NeoGen
11-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Next step would be creating a forum section. :)

gamer007
11-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Woo hoo! Quorum of 1! Big credits here I come! :D

vaughan
11-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Forum section created and this thread moved to it.

Terry could you do the following as Nicolas at ABC@Home suggests in reply to NeoGen's question about merging the two AMD Users' teams:

"Merging teams is not possible. Make all users from one go to the other, and change the empty one's name."

Nflight
11-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Has anyone been able to get more then two Work Units? :dontknow:

vaughan
11-22-2006, 06:57 AM
I only get them one at a time. :icon_frown:

gatekeeper53
11-22-2006, 07:04 AM
You have to reset prefs to .5 days

Nflight
11-22-2006, 01:08 PM
I have now gotten more then 2 WU's. Yippee!

I also have been checking on the competition in the Top Teams we have the Boinc Synergy Team by 1,400 points and no one else is even close to that level. This is as of this moment 9am EST.

I am currently crunching a 5 hour WU ! :blob3:

Nflight
11-22-2006, 07:45 PM
By now this has definitely got a ring to it, in the Top Ten Participants of the project exists 5 members of the AMD Users Team. This sure reminds me of another project with the same situation called TanPaku. Similarities don't end there, In the top eight computers on the project there lies 4 computers from AMD Users Team Effort. Way to go Team!:wav:

So Far our Team Exists with these superb Members showing they have strength in small numbers.
Terry #1
Scooter #2
Nflight #3
NeoGen #4
Big Whiskey #5
Evil Dragon #6
Vaughan #7
gamer007 #8

Scooter
11-22-2006, 08:16 PM
and if i calculated right we have got a almost 3000 point lead and making it bigger to the team in second with the 30 members they have there

NeoGen
11-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Let's not let our guard down and stay sharp guys... in the opening stage of a project it's very easy to get to the top, the hard part is maintaining it once the heavy teams join in too...

gatekeeper53
11-22-2006, 08:59 PM
NFlight, As to those top 10 puters..... 5 of the 10 are mine, 1,2,4,5,6, I have several more further down that I just switched over today, with you in 8 and big in 9. So that's 70% not to bad. Their stats still stink as I am showing that I have 5469 credits as of right now.

gamer007
11-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Trying to get some ABC@Home WUs, but my comp decided to download a whole lot of proteins@home WUs.

Hopefully tonight it'll be all ABC. :)

gamer007
11-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Looks like a quorum of 2 has been added. :(

There goes my chances of getting high credits in a short amount of time.

PoorBoy
11-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Looks like a quorum of 2 has been added. :(

There goes my chances of getting high credits in a short amount of time.

Yes, it seems it has, the Credits seem very anemic too, for most of the WU's I've had validated I'm barley getting 1 Credit per hour. I'm trying to get a hold of Hendrick & explain to him that 1 Credit Per hour simply isn't going to wash with most of the hard core crunchers and they will leave the Project. He has said himself that he doesn't care about the Credits but what he needs to understand is that the Credits is what attracts the Participants. I lost over 60 WU yesterday with the Validator Snafu & now getting next to nothing in Credits today. Needless to say I've pulled the majority of my PC's from the Project, I'll leave 1 attached until this can be straightened out.

gamer007
11-26-2006, 12:26 AM
On a standard client it's 1 credit/hr? Well, this current WU maybe my last one then, because I'm not willing to lose about 90 credits per WU. I'm going to stick mainly with science projects.

PoorBoy
11-26-2006, 01:15 AM
It's all going to depend on who you get paired with on the WU, I have a lot validated at about 1 or 2 Credits Per hour because who I was paired with didn't hardly claim any credit. Hendrik right now is using the lowest of 2 Claimed Credits. I also have some that I got what I claimed because the other person was claiming more. So I guess it's a toss up on how much you will get.

Problem with that is if you get paired with low claiming Hosts most of the time your going to get little credit, on the other hand if you get paired with high claiming host you get a fair amount of credit. Not really a good way to give out the Credit IMO ... as an example I got 33 credits for less than 2 hr's of processing then I got only 5 credits for over 4 hr's of processing ... I probably won't get to talk to Hendrik until tomorrow, I think the Project is overseas some where and it's night time there so he's sleeping now I guess ... But I'll talk to him and advise him he's going to have to come up with something better than this or he won't have anybody save for a few people processing for him ...

Scooter
11-26-2006, 02:11 AM
on the last one i did i claimed 47 they claimed 4 and i got 4

Nflight
11-26-2006, 05:51 AM
On a side note, I believe moderation of adjustments is in order, to start off like a rocket and only get a few credits will substantially reduce the number of people willing to crunch for the project. An Ideal Situation is not jumping into a quorum of two so early, allow people to feel out your project and get to make some real points values that show devotion. This encourages participation and the word gets out to ask other people to join and so on. By dropping the project into a quorum so soon we will have less then 10 people working the project in less then a month at this rate. I have had many WU's turn from high scores to 1/10 or less lately, I am working and getting no where. Yes I am about to crawl off the project at this rate.

One item that could be proposed is to have the administrators of both Rosetta and ABC communicate so that similar points values for work units can be assessed and people will not leave the project so readily. Fair and even support for both projects could result in even points values across the board. A more level playing field is the better of both worlds with points assessed and topic of project. Todays crunchers like to find the project that gives out the most points for the value of time/computer used.

This is a very competitive sport, even though no one really uses there arms or feet, and we never break out in a sweat. But the fierceness of the conversations in the message boards definitely shows the power behind the people who participate. We are an untypical competitor, our strengths rely on the machines we encourage to over produce outputs others would never consider.

PoorBoy
11-26-2006, 12:25 PM
On a side note, I believe moderation of adjustments is in order, to start off like a rocket and only get a few credits will substantially reduce the number of people willing to crunch for the project.

Yes, Hendrik relayed to me that after looking at my computers the Credit System is not fair at all the way it is & he will change it. To what we will have to wait and see, I suggested a few things to him but told him it's his project & to do what he see's fit, but to retain a good user base it will have to be something that most people are fairly happy with.

Since the new Credit System has been introduced my one Computer has turned in 7 WU's with a total of 35.5 processing hours, it received 103 Credits. That's less than 3 Credits per hour. If I throw out the longest WU with the most credit it drops to 2 credits per hour for the other 6 WU's. Not really a good inducement to keep the Computers Attached, but I will keep that one attached anyway just to see how the credits improve if any and re-attache some others later on if it's worth while.

Scooter
11-26-2006, 09:16 PM
From the message boards of ABC

Posted 26 Nov 2006 18:49:35 UTC
Tomorrow I will implement a new credit system
which is independent of whatever your boinc core client claims and is dynamic in how long the workunit takes.
The granted credit should be in the same order you'd normally get. This method works because we know almost exactly how much work you've done for your result.
I hope this makes everybody happy.

gamer007
11-26-2006, 10:20 PM
So, is it like the 1 quorum system? You get whatever you claim?

If it is, great! :)

Evil-Dragon
11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
This is probably a little off topic but where do you get this from?

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/679/animateduserbaramdusersod4.gif

Did you make it yourself?

Scooter
11-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Yes, for now a quorum of 2 will be maintained, but the credit granting will be independent of it because the work done is exactly the same for results of the same wu, so both will get e.g. 30 credits instead of 3 (3 in the case someone claimed lower).
-----this was posted after that

gamer007
11-26-2006, 11:12 PM
This is probably a little off topic but where do you get this from?

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/679/animateduserbaramdusersod4.gif

Did you make it yourself?
I got each of the Userbars from the 3 sites:
http://www.userbars.com/
http://userbars.be/
http://userbars.org/

Userbars.com has a free animation maker for up to 10 userbars, however the GIF is compressed greatly so it looks crap. I used a GIF animator to make my userbar while making it look nice. :)
I did make the AMD Users member and Future Windows Vista Owner bars.

Yes, for now a quorum of 2 will be maintained, but the credit granting will be independent of it because the work done is exactly the same for results of the same wu, so both will get e.g. 30 credits instead of 3 (3 in the case someone claimed lower).
-----this was posted after that
That's good to hear, better than having the lowest claimed credit. :)

Nflight
11-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Back to the topic!

Seems I did a Work Unit this afternoon and the final outcome was zero points. Well I saw another post this evening so I am trying another of the Work Units to check and see if this one will work? I will report my findings in the morning, since it takes normally about 12 hours to see any credidation or nothing like last time!

Work Unit with error: Work Unit 3065 - bc_wu_2083330000_2084180000

Scooter
11-30-2006, 01:17 AM
i had 2 work units come out good today 3 that came back 0 credit and the rest are still pending waiting on other users

Nflight
12-01-2006, 03:44 PM
This message from the forums of Free-DC:

Added ABC@Home to the stats.

here (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=abc)

Will add it to DCR/sigs in the next few days.

Bok

:blob3: So for all those crunchers who are looking to add this to your signatures the future looks ""bright"" ! :icon_cool:

Nflight
12-01-2006, 04:21 PM
The new Application WOrk Units with 5.21 are the way to go. I have not had any problems with this particular Work Unit bunch. Each one is getting credit, some more then others but I am averaging about 15 Credits per hour! per CPU

Nflight
12-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Well the work has returned and the numbers of credits are swinging out the door once again over at ABC. The problem is that everyone of the AMD users team left. So now we are destin to lose our #1 position. As of this evening as I hit my goal of 20k in XtremeLab project I am switching over to ABC. I am only one person and Boinc Synergy is a strong performer with 10,000 or more points for yesterdays work completed. I am no match to keep up this #1 position. I can maybe do 2400 to 3000 a day. I could use anyones help that reads this.

Thanks in advance! :blob3::blob3::blob3: :help: :blob3::blob3::blob3: :icon_cry:

Signed
ABCathome Forum moderator

Evil-Dragon
12-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Once i hit my 10,000 points goal in Malaria Control then i will jump on the ABC bandwagon and help out.

B Johansson
12-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I have reach my 10.000 on vtu and has started ABC again

PoorBoy
12-02-2006, 09:08 PM
As I kinda have a Pet Peeve against some of the people on the the BOINC Senergy Team if there's no objection to my Intel Conroes helping you out I'll join back up with you guys @ the ABC Project ...

Right now I'm not Processing anything there as I put all my PC's over on the Tanpaku Project to make some Hay while the Sun was Shining there. Figured out a way to get quite a bit of Credit there with my Conroe's with the Credit Structure the way it is now, no Cheating involved, I'm just taking what the Projects willing to give me ... I plan on Getting back to the ABC Project shortly though, just trying to make up for some of the lost Credit over the last 2 weeks since the ABC Project opened ...

gamer007
12-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I'll help out. I've been crunching Pi Segment, but I fear I'll never improve my spot. :lol:

Nflight
12-02-2006, 11:01 PM
As I kinda have a Pet Peeve against some of the people on the the BOINC Senergy Team if there's no objection to my Intel Conroes helping you out I'll join back up with you guys @ the ABC Project ...

Why sure you can join us and help out, I really do appreciate your helping with getting the problems corrected working with Hendrick. Seems his project has some bumps and hurdles to overcome yet, but after awhile he will see the light and the serious crunchers will return.

Thank You PoorBoy! :blob3:

vaughan
12-02-2006, 11:47 PM
... if there's no objection to my Intel Conroes helping you out I'll join back up with you guys @ the ABC Project ...

Thanks PoorBoy. No problem, the Conroe is a mighty processor; got one of 'em myself. It crunches thru Pi Segment tasks better than most.

Glad to have you back crunching with us again. :icon_thumright:

Nflight
12-03-2006, 11:08 AM
02 december, 2006
We scanned 38604947537 triples so far and found 366590 hits. About 0.1% of the workunits is invalid, this will be fixed soon. The credit system seems to work good. Statistics are now exported to several boinc stat pages.

Scooter
12-04-2006, 09:57 PM
news from the free-dc forum

ABC@Home added to sigs,users, dcr etc.

Evil-Dragon
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Started moving my machines over to this now, gotta wait to confirm that i have enough pending credit to 10,000 in Malariacontrol.

Beerknurd
12-04-2006, 11:45 PM
ABC@Home is now available for Bok's stat sig...

Evil-Dragon
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I got my 10,000 in MC now, so i'm fully on this. We're catching them back up again! :D

Nflight
12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Thank You for the help Evil-Dragon, I really appreciate the help. :blob3:

PoorBoy
12-06-2006, 10:40 AM
I do believe we are back in 1'st place again Team wise ... :wav:

Scooter
12-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I do believe you are right....:icon_biggrin:

Nflight
12-06-2006, 12:39 PM
PoorBoy reaches the 50,000 mark Woo Hoo!
:wav:
:wav:

Keep up the good work there Team Mate, it is well appreciated. :blob3:

gatekeeper53
12-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Nice job PB!!!

Nflight
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
NEWS:

06 december, 2006
There were/are some problems with the running time between the windows and linux binary, the linux executable run a lot faster. This caused linux machines to get more credits assigned per time unit. The new windows binary 5.25 should be 2-3 times faster than the old versions. Of course we want all binaries for whatever OS to run as fast as possible, and we are working towards that. Accordingly, the granted credit for work has been adjusted. It should be more fair between windows and linux now, if it's completely fair we still have to see.

From the main web Site: http://abcathome.com/

Nflight
12-08-2006, 12:22 PM
At this time the client is working on Work Units 5.26. These have been crunched by my system and others of our Team Effort with little credit given. Seems the rest of the crunchers that are still left ( Out of 223 registered there is only 49 who remain crunching onthe project).

I am the lead on points for today with 149, at this rate I will continue to see how improvements take shape with this new client 5.26 but with little improvement comes doubt. Upon my review at the end of today I will make a decision to remove my workhorse's ( computers to another project).

Insight into the Credit problem and more: The Work Units are now being informed to us that pentium3's are being optimized on this project. Since I am running Dual Cores only I am seeing less then 1/5 the amount of credit given. Even if they would increase the amount of credit given to say 4 times that amount I am sure the active remaining crews would return or at least stay on the project. Seems uploading and downloading may be faults on the current new client as crunchers are unable to access the projects servers too.

At 1800 hrs EST I will make my decision on leaving or not!

gatekeeper53
12-08-2006, 12:51 PM
I salute your optimisim. The project at first I thought had great potential unlil I saw the way the guy went about managing it, and the lack of understanding of both machines and crunchers. I simply wished him the best of luck and ran like a theif in the night. The understanding of what makes cruncher's tick I think is a big part of the sucess of a project. I have a feeling that is why SETI did so well for so long and are now (realitivaly speaking) slowing down. Because I just don't see that many people really caring about weather ET phones home or not.

PoorBoy
12-08-2006, 01:32 PM
At this time the client is working on Work Units 5.26. These have been crunched by my system and others of our Team Effort with little credit given. Seems the rest of the crunchers that are still left ( Out of 223 registered there is only 49 who remain crunching onthe project).

I am the lead on points for today with 149, at this rate I will continue to see how improvements take shape with this new client 5.26 but with little improvement comes doubt. Upon my review at the end of today I will make a decision to remove my workhorse's ( computers to another project).

Insight into the Credit problem and more: The Work Units are now being informed to us that pentium3's are being optimized on this project. Since I am running Dual Cores only I am seeing less then 1/5 the amount of credit given. Even if they would increase the amount of credit given to say 4 times that amount I am sure the active remaining crews would return or at least stay on the project. Seems uploading and downloading may be faults on the current new client as crunchers are unable to access the projects servers too.

At 1800 hrs EST I will make my decision on leaving or not!

I pulled the Plug yesterday, I'm just taking to big a hit in the Credits to continue processing for the Project. I'll keep monitoring and running a few WU's now & then to see if the situation improves. Until it does I see no reason to do any heavy processing for the Project. The Credits are low as it is and then to top it off you don't even get any Credit for some of the WU's. Hendrik states it's less than 1% that don't get any Credit but by monitoring my own PC's it's more in the 8%-10& range.

I've tried to reason with Hendrik in E-Mails to raise the Credits at least 20% - 25% more if he wants Participants to continue Processing for him, but like he has stated he doesn't care about the Credits so he's dragging his feet. I think a lot of it has to do with ASTRO & his freaking Charts, he has Hendrik all ga ga over them and Hendrik thinks that less is better. Little does he know & he'll soon find out when nobody but ASTRO's Processing the WU's for him how wrong he was.

Until the Credits come up I won't put any effort in the Project other than Moderate the Boards ...

Nflight
12-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Thank you PoorBoy. I too have stopped running the project, a most certain objection is that as Hendrick tried to imporve the stats for everyone, he accidently killed the benefits of the project itself, Participation.

I have turned my efforts over to the XtremeLab project and invite you to come along and help with putting our team up in the stats and maybe even first place. Come join us and celebrate some holiday cheer as you join in the complimentary conversation we as crunchers unite!

:blob3:

PoorBoy
12-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Okay, I joined the AMD User Team @ the XLab, Riesel Sieve & Tanpaku Projects, their about the only Projects I've been running lately outside of the ABC Project. Which by the way has been down since about 1:00 PM EST USA for some reason ...

Evil-Dragon
12-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm running both ABC & Proteins at the moment. I'm not happy with the credit situation at ABC at the moment though. I'm claiming with a standard boinc client as well and it's still undergranting on credit.

PoorBoy
12-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Okay, I joined the AMD User Team @ the XLab, Riesel Sieve & Tanpaku Projects, their about the only Projects I've been running lately outside of the ABC Project. Which by the way has been down since about 1:00 PM EST USA for some reason ...

Hendrik did increase the Credits by 20%, I ran a few WU's to verify that he did and a few of them got Validated & Credit Granted. It looks like about 20% more for the ones that received Credit, but the Credits still lag behind Projects like Tanpaku and others by around 20%-25% yet.

I'm still boycotting the Project for the time being, Team wise we are in no danger at the moment & we can make it up later if we have to if someone should overtake us ... The only way we have to protest the dismal Credits Hendrik's giving out right now is to simply not Process the WU's for him.

gatekeeper53
12-09-2006, 10:55 AM
PB it's not just the credits, I'll run anything just for the grins. It's the fact that the boy just shows no common sence. It looks like he did everything halfway before he rolled out the project and still has little grasp of what is going on. I wish I had had as many people willing to contribute help to me when I did my disertation as he had to begin with.

PoorBoy
12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
PB it's not just the credits

IT'S NOT ...:shocked: ... hahahaha ... Yea, I know, I run a lot of Projects off and on where I only get 1/2 the Credits I could get at other Projects just to break the monotony of running the same old Projects.

I tried to tell & explain to him right off the bat what it would take to keep the Participants happy. I wasn't trying to get him to Grant an overboard of Credits just maybe a middle of the road amount compared to the other Projects.

But I think once Astro came in there with his charts Hendrik was to worried he would give out to much Credit so he erred on the low side to prevent that. As far as I'm concerned Astro's charts are not accurate, they don't present a true picture of what the Projects are actually giving out. That's just my opinion though ...

PoorBoy
12-09-2006, 11:51 AM
LOL ... I don't know if it's a glitch in the Forums or what, but I notice neither me or NFlight are listed as Moderators anymore, I don't see anybody else listed so it could just be a glitch for now ... :icon_confused: ... Hendrik's been working on the Database so I don't really know for sure ...

Nflight
12-09-2006, 12:48 PM
I am sure by now that Henrick knows where to find us in other forums. He can then stand and make choices to change the direction of his project with the Moderators selection. At this time we both know who will have Moderator status - Astro!
If things change for the better or worse, we have the Team effort to change things back ! :blob3:

PoorBoy
12-09-2006, 01:13 PM
EDIT: We decided to remove the moderator option and moderators coming from the community for now.

Found this in the Thread where he asked for Moderators, he Edited his post at the start of the Thread ...

At this time we both know who will have Moderator status - Astro!

My exact first thought when I seen the Moderator Status gone. It's really no big deal to me, I don't feel I've said anything in the Forum that would be offensive to Hendrik or anyone else. If it's because I haven't been Processing any WU's the last few days he better get used to it, because everybody now and then goes and works another Project at times. He isn't going to get 100% dedication from anybody that I know of anyway.

Scooter
12-09-2006, 01:46 PM
my opinion on this mess(if anyone cares...lol) is that one of these days when he wakes up and most everyone is gone, he wont be able to figure out what went wrong!!

gatekeeper53
12-09-2006, 04:00 PM
It's sad but I think Scooter's nailed it.

Scooter
12-09-2006, 04:40 PM
hey once in a while i say something right...lol!!!

Scooter
12-13-2006, 09:12 PM
it looks like we have lost first place

gatekeeper53
12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
At this point I doubt anyone cares.

Scooter
12-13-2006, 11:10 PM
well in that case ill just be quiet

PoorBoy
12-13-2006, 11:51 PM
I've been running 1 PC at the Project, just to try and keep Boinc Senergy in sight at least. The 0 Credit WU's seem to be fewer with the v5.31 Application, in fact I haven't had 1 since this morning. And the Credits given seem to be at least on a Par with a lot of the other Projects now, still a little low but at least not like it was anyway.

I'm pretty sure we took over 3'rd place at the Proteins Project so tomorrow I might switch 1 or 2 more PC's back to ABC if I don't see anymore Credit-less WU's in my results overnight.

Keep up the good work Scooter, every little bit helps ...

gatekeeper53
12-14-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm very sorry Scooter I'm just having a bad day. Thank you for all your work.