PDA

View Full Version : Home Office Spring Clean

Strongbow
11-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I've been given orders by my Task Master (her indoors) to sort out my home office. Due to this all my systems will be off for the next few days whilst I sort out the acculumated mess of cables, printouts and general waste which I have gained over the years.

If I can get away with it I'll probably just move it all around to make it look a bit more tidy, just so I can get a gold star off my Missus!

Some of these systems haven't been switched off for months so fingers crossed with regards to getting them going again (MS Patches galore!!!).

:icon_cry::icon_rolleyes::icon_cry:

Nflight
11-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Since you haven't shut them down for a bit, I would suggest opening the cases and starting the gas powered leaf blower for some outside dust blowing adventures. Your machines will run cooler with less dust! Your machines will also run faster, so maybe this computer cleaning/house cleaning will be advantageous for both the misses and you. She will see you outside with your computers and think your stowing them in the garage with the car.

If you would want to really be industrious you could paint the cases to look like a book shelf or wall painting and when she walks into the room won't notice the Server Farm anymore. But your going to have to figure out what could have gone in place before your current systems. This is before you attempt painting, visual camoflauge, your wife and friends will only hear the humming of the fans and no longer be able to see the blight of the computer farm. If you would ever want to call it a blight from an AMDuser's point of veiw it is a beautiful sight.

Enough Rambling:bs:

NeoGen
11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
If I can get away with it I'll probably just move it all around to make it look a bit more tidy, just so I can get a gold star off my Missus!
Try, but don't let her read this! :lol:

gatekeeper53
11-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Good Luck Andy. Better you than me lol

Strongbow
11-13-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm back and up and running! Took all day but at least it didn't take any longer!

It looks like most of my projects have aligned themselves correctly as well so I've BAM'ed all my systems over to Tanpaku again!