PDA

View Full Version : Spinhenge@home

vaughan
11-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Announcing that the forum thread for BOINC Spinhenge@home has been created. Thanks for the reminders from Hermann and NeoGen :icon_biggrin:

Join our team by following this link:

http://spin.fh-bielefeld.de/create_account_form.php?teamid=8

NeoGen
11-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Nice! :cool:

To all our Spinhengers (50+ in our Team), come on over and drop us a line! :)

Nflight
11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks Vaughan :blob3:

LeBo
11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Just attached to it and got the message "NO WUs available" :(

Nflight
11-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I created an account and attached and no work either! Too bad I had my hopes up!

Hermann
11-15-2006, 04:52 AM
Thank you Vaughan for creating the thread. :icon_biggrin:

The project was having serious problems with the server. The whole thing was running on a single Intel P4 - :qright5: no wonder that it crashed every other hour.
The project managers did not expect that many users. Anyway, new hardware had been ordered and as far as I know it has arrived and the installation is in progress. According to the schedule the switch-over to the new servers is going to happen next week. During the transition the whole site will be unavailable for one day. This will be announced on the spinhenge main page.
Until then, don't expect work from the project. Occasionally some WUs are spread out to cut down the pending credits.
I'll keep you informed what's happening.

Nflight
11-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks Hermann

Hermann
11-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Finally the new hardware got installed, configured and is now up and running smoothly. There is plenty of work available waiting for crunching. :icon_biggrin:

Hermann

Nflight
11-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Well I tried as I downloaded two work units yesterday, only to have to detach since they got stuck. NO work is uploadable, once you download the work units they can't connect with the server for upload. I am taking this as a once in a lifetime problem, I am attached again and finding no Work Units available. This is my last try though! :blob3:

Hermann
11-23-2006, 07:23 PM
No idea what happened, I have downloaded and successfully completed about 50 WUs since today noon (western european time). About 25.000 WU were on stock - meanwhile something like 7.000 are left. To me it seems it is working?
Hermann

tek182
05-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey Hermann and vaughan,
I thank you guys! Hermann, thanks for your efforts on the project! Vaughan, thanks for starting this thread! Does this mean I have to join the AMDUsers team? lol :icon_lol:
Happy number crunching everyone!

tek182

vaughan
05-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey Hermann and vaughan,
I thank you guys! Hermann, thanks for your efforts on the project! Vaughan, thanks for starting this thread! Does this mean I have to join the AMDUsers team? lol :icon_lol:
Happy number crunching everyone!

tek182
Yes :icon_wink:

Steve Lux
05-31-2007, 01:41 PM
I second that vote. Bang! goes the gavel.

Yes, now you must join.

Nflight
05-31-2007, 02:03 PM
I rejoined the project to raise my points value. I sure hope these credits work my points value is really tiny right now, I would like to make each project reach a certain attainable goal and help the Team Effort at the same time! :blob3:

I do hope you Join the Team Effort Tek182 :icon_razz:

NeoGen
05-31-2007, 06:57 PM
I do hope you Join the Team Effort Tek182 :icon_razz:
Ditto! And bring some friends along too. :icon_wink:

tek182
05-31-2007, 08:51 PM
OK, NeoGen!
How is me, myself and I? Will they do? lol! Joking aside I just bumped down to #65 in ranking. I broke the 1000 avg. WU today too. I never thought I would get this high. WooHoo! :icon_lol:

tek182

Nflight
05-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Honestly Tek182 I don't see you in the Team Line up yet, did you miss hitting that join button or was it one of your other personalities acting in a bizarre manner today? (Triple personalities referencing to the me, myself and I) :-(

tek182
06-01-2007, 05:16 AM
errrrrrr, what "join" button? There is a join button? Is it in the rules I have to join? Are you going to ban me or something?

Beerknurd
06-01-2007, 05:34 AM
We would love it if you would join us. The more the merrier... But no one is going to ban you if you don't. Plus seeing as there is no Tek182 in the stats, i'm going to guess you already belong to a team called Ars... :)

tek182
06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Dale Kensok

Beerknurd
06-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Please don't take offense to any of this... I'm just having fun...

Nflight
06-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Tek 182 there has been a long standing competition against a lot of other Teams in the Distributed Computing competition. We constantly are battling against these other Teams for position. We on occasion have to pull our strengths together to fight off certain Teams who dish out towns of Banter against our small Team of crunchers. We do understand that with our limited resources we can only do so much. But don't let the small size of our team fool you, some of us have army's at our disposal.
What this has taught us is that we can't defend every stance we take but that we can have fun at the same time. We laugh at the struggles each one of us has taken to achieve just the maximum our Computers can dish out. We joke and poke at each other, which sometimes causes spats between members who do not realize this is all in fun.
AMD Users prizes themselves on being able to retain almost all of our members all of the time, sure some people can't take a joke or stab once in awhile. But, in real life we are all very serious about getting our machines to perform at there optimum performance and never leaving a time of day for them to sit idle without doing something productive.
While I have noticed your profile in the Spinhenge Project, you do not have to join our Team at any time, you may remain alone crunching by your self and you may join us in conversation on the forum with out joining the Team. If you prefer to join us and then change your mind there is a remove button replaced when you do join so you can remove your self or move on to other teams it is your choice.
Some of us have been online working with the BOINC Projects for quite sometime and can answer almost any question in relevance that you can conjure up. We try to be at your disposal of frustration to get those answers you need to overcome the obstacles.
We are like friends but no one that we know of has ever met any member in real life. Join us for the camaraderie and join us for the thrill of competition, but most of all join us for the Fun! :icon_mrgreen: :blob3:

Beerknurd
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Nicely put Nflight!!!

tek182
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Could have made it a lot shorter. Whatever floats your boat. Pretty much everything you said was a given. Thanks though!

tek182

Steve Lux
06-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Or,... We could send Bubba and Guido after him.

I crunched alone for about a month, then got to thinking that I would like to OC my system a bit and realized that there wouldn't likely be a better group for resources with that same interest than the AMD Users team.

Strongbow
06-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Tek 182 there has been a long standing competition against a lot of other Teams in the Distributed Computing competition. We constantly are battling against these other Teams for position. We on occasion have to pull our strengths together to fight off certain Teams who dish out towns of Banter against our small Team of crunchers. We do understand that with our limited resources we can only do so much. But don't let the small size of our team fool you, some of us have army's at our disposal.
What this has taught us is that we can't defend every stance we take but that we can have fun at the same time. We laugh at the struggles each one of us has taken to achieve just the maximum our Computers can dish out. We joke and poke at each other, which sometimes causes spats between members who do not realize this is all in fun.
AMD Users prizes themselves on being able to retain almost all of our members all of the time, sure some people can't take a joke or stab once in awhile. But, in real life we are all very serious about getting our machines to perform at there optimum performance and never leaving a time of day for them to sit idle without doing something productive.
While I have noticed your profile in the Spinhenge Project, you do not have to join our Team at any time, you may remain alone crunching by your self and you may join us in conversation on the forum with out joining the Team. If you prefer to join us and then change your mind there is a remove button replaced when you do join so you can remove your self or move on to other teams it is your choice.
Some of us have been online working with the BOINC Projects for quite sometime and can answer almost any question in relevance that you can conjure up. We try to be at your disposal of frustration to get those answers you need to overcome the obstacles.
We are like friends but no one that we know of has ever met any member in real life. Join us for the camaraderie and join us for the thrill of competition, but most of all join us for the Fun! :icon_mrgreen: :blob3:

I wonder who is racing in WhatPulse (Keys)??? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: