PDA

View Full Version : Claimed and earned points

Lagu
11-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Do any of you know why we claim for example 28 points but only earn 14 when crunching RS? It seems strange for me. I receive only one unit every time and it mean I should earn the highest points.

NeoGen
11-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Riesel Sieve is one of those projects that adopted the fixed value credits system. No matter how much or how little you claim, the ammount they give you is pre-determined.

vaughan
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Also they do not support or allow Crunch3r's optimised client because it overclaims credits. These claims are cut back to the predetermined amount and you get a small bonus if you find a factor. I think its currently 3 points per factor.

The only way to progress in Riesel Sieve is GHz and running the client as much as possible :)

gatekeeper53
11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
So what your saying is that Riesel Sieve favors antiquated equipment and wastes the time of newer machines that could be doing more good elsewhere?

NeoGen
11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Not at all. They only changed to the fixed credits system for the sake of fairness among those with optimized clients and those with regular clients.
The better your equipment, the more workunits you crunch, and the more points you get. :)

EDIT: One project that actually is a bit of a waste on good machines is XtremLab. From what I remember every WU takes about 10 mins, regardless of the specs of your machine. Best to run it on old machines.

drezha
11-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah. 3 points a factor and fixed points per WU.