PDA

View Full Version : Vmware Image

drezha
11-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Wondered if anyone can lend a hand with my problem...

I'm trying to create my own Vmware image. It's all very nice downloading ones people have made with FC6 etc, but I want to create one myself with Kubuntu to try it and also some others so I can try them out before I install over my current distro and so I can try them out on my laptop. (Also I need an image because I now use some linux only programs and my windows laptop kinda restricts...thing's like GNUCash)

Anyhow, I found this site:
http://www.easyvmx.com/

That let's you create your own. Anyhow I create my own, download it and then goto try and install the OS. It says open it in Vmware player and have the disc in the drive, which is what I do. But it keeps telling me I have no bootable disc.

Any ideas why?

When I installed Vmware player, it said it recommends I turn off autoplay and I didn't. Maybe that affects it?

drezha
11-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Sorted it.

Guess I should read the FAQ more often. Turns out my auto detect CD drive wasn't working..I had to specify. Think it's because I have Daemon tools installed. Guess thats the downside to backing my CD's upto DVD, Daemon tools messes thinks around.