PDA

View Full Version : NASA World Wind - Beats Google Earth

Nflight
12-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I was searching for something that led me to this awesome program. Now granted if you like Sceince, and you like to veiw this world from different aspects using the technological know how of the people at NASA. Then this program surely is for you. This puts Google Earth to shame; Included in this program is also the same wonderful observations for the nearby Planets of Jupiter, Mars, the Moon, and Venus. Such great pictures taken with such science displays of granduer, I am overwelmed !
This is the deal though it is a very large download, it was finicky to get it to load correctly, I had problems due to the large size of the download or the tranmission. But in the end this is one HELL of a program. It will take you a day to look over the multiple selections to figure out how it all works but, It is certainly well worth it if you like the clarity of an expensive camera these pictures are simply outstanding. Views similar to google earth, but a little different.

NASA WORLD WIND: http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

I am sure everyone won't read the instructions but, I advise a good 2 hours to get you sorted out how to make the program listen to your every command.

Good Viewing; Any Comments

B Johansson
12-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Great program!
Nice lokking but must read the instuktions too get the most out of it.

Steve Lux
12-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Downloaded and ran fine for me. Although the view of the place where I work is at least 12 years old... It is still much more useful and has more tools than Google Earth.