PDA

View Full Version : BOINC Helpline

dAVE
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
There is a new BOINC help line open (if you have Skype) The link is here.
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/help.php
The more observant of you may notice I am there, but the wiser ones will know that I am the Beta tester recruited because of an unfailing ability to do the unexpected things that no one thought anyone would be stupid enough to do. Unfortunately they forgot to take me off before going live :5eek: so no wisecrack calls please.
The good news is that David Anderson himself is often on line and also, that code guru of RS etc, Rytis is also often on line. :icon_razz:
dAVE.

Nflight
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
That is very cool, I like it but I don't have skype. :blob3: What I think is wonderful is that you are taking the time to help others, and being a part of the AMD users Team Effort means something special to be on the list of people willing to help others. Thank you for your time and effort to help these people, unless your saying you were on the recieving end not the giving end of help?

dAVE
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I will be helping new users install BOINC, attach to projects and be giving them a walk around the system. I won’t be advertising AMD users of course, but I will have to give them an example when we get to the join a team option. Now which team is the best in the world?:icon_rolleyes:
There is also an option of getting help by e-mail but that is a bit harder unless they have a specific problem. dAVE

Lagu
12-07-2006, 09:25 PM
AMDusers Team of source:icon_cool: :icon_rolleyes:

Nflight
04-17-2007, 10:55 PM
While this is not my first time installing Boinc, it is repairing a Boinc Manager that has been installed and stopped working.
I Have 5.8.15 and have had it open and running many different projects I have on my table. The problem started when I ran a new project called [ Zivis ], the project would stop functioning while crunching a Work Unit, this would then result in a computational error and the Boinc Manager would stop working until halted and restarted. I had 6 work units fail in a row, I then tried to run Tanpaku and the OS system crashed about 3 hours after attempting to run Tanpaku WU's. After a full restart of the machine, I noticed I could not get the Tanpaku Work Units to download, even though on the same home network I have another machine downloading and crunching Tanpaku Work units without fail. I had to go into the Add & Remove Programs in my control panel and click on the Boinc Program and do what is known as a repair of the program. Only this was able to recover the Boinc Manager to a workable state.

The Boinc Manager is operating without any problems since then. I just figured I would alert everyone to the problems I am having with running Boinc Project Zivis...

Bender10
04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
I've had 10 wu's finish (or abort might be the word) with an unrecoverable error (no credit) since 4:30 PM EST. Quite a few more since I started.

None have yeti to affect Boinc manager or my confuser.

AMD X2, no oc
Boinc 5.8.16
Windoze X64 :icon_rolleyes:

I hate getting nothing for cpu time, but no crash, knock, knock, yeti....

Lagu
04-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Download their newest Boinc version 5.3.16 (non beta) and run. I have it since yesterday and it works fine.
The only as happened was a WU from Zivis as failed but then it has run smothly with no crasch.:)