PDA

View Full Version : Pi Segment server move

NeoGen
12-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Heads up everyone.

If everything goes well, we will perform server transfer in this week.
Since the server will be temporarily down for 6 to 12 hours at that time, we suggest that you may adjust the size of cache to a proper value.

Moreover, we recommend you modify the server address in client as soon as possible:
1. Exit client first
2. Open text file "config.ini" in the folder where the client is
3. Replace Line 2 "Server=pisegment.vicp.net" by "Server=www.pisegment.net"
4. Run client again

JUST
12-06-2006, 05:49 AM
yes, we will move it to a more stable server.
Perhaps, it will be on Friday.

NeoGen
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Today is thursday and tomorrow is holiday so it's a long weekend. I queued 45 workunits for my work machine, which should be enough for a good while, and already changed the server setting on it. So everything should run smooth on it even without me being there.

Now, my question for you JUST is... what is that new field "Reward" on the stats? :)

JUST
12-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Now, my question for you JUST is... what is that new field "Reward" on the stats? :)
I have just updated the rank system.
The rank will be judged by "score" from now on and the score is calculated by following arithmatic:
Individual Score=Reward+Upload of all devices
Team Score=Sum of corresponding individual scores
Region Score=Sum of corresponding individual scores

Since vaughan said it is sad to see the stats return to zero, I set up this rank system.
Every time before we renew the WU on server, I will add "reward" with upload*2. In this case, every individual, team and region can keep their original rank and benefit from participating the test.

For example, at end of current test, someone uploaded 100 WU. Then he will gain 200 in "reward". Then I renew the WU on server, so that his upload return to 0. But his reward wouldn't be changed. Thus, he will have 200(200reward+0 upload) "score" at the beginning. As everyone followed this operation, their rank will not be modified.

Moreover, I plan to add everyone's reward on festival for gift. It will benefit the participators with early registration.:icon_santa:

JUST
12-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Server has been moved successfully!

vaughan
12-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Good work JUST, my participating PCs got some work to crunch successfully.

JUST
12-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Thank you!
I have just analyzed the data of test. It's perfect to match the results calucated by PiHEX.

I plan to release a new client tomorrow. We will have a small test (about 3 days) to verify the client and then deploy the project formally.

Because of server transfer, someone's upload number might be affected. So I will set reward=download+upload to balance the loss.

NeoGen
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
These new WU's of the 1.7.x test are twice as fast, did you make them smaller JUST? :)
It used to take about 1 hour at the work machine (Athlon64 3200+) and now it's about half hour.
I'm gonna try it on my AthlonXP 2000+ as soon as I arrive home. V1.6 took between 4:30 and 5:00 hours, let's see how long will v1.7 take.

JUST
12-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Yes, they are half size of the former ones.
I think the smaller WU is more reasonable.

Ototero
12-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Has anyone got any old completed WUs from version 1.0.6.0 still to upload?

I've tried but failed.

V1.0.7.0 is happily crunching new data.

NeoGen
12-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I had a few left and tried crunching them, but it said on the log that the workunits were not found, so I stopped them, started a clean folder with the 1.0.7.x version and am now hapilly crunching them too.