PDA

View Full Version : Seti Add-ons

vaughan
06-18-2004, 01:07 AM
I've tried Setiqueue and I've researched Setidriver. Neither of these add-ons appear to be supported anymore. Setiqueue is annoying me. It is installed on my XP3000 and has been allocating / caching tasks for the 10 computers in my network. Recently, it started to clash with IARSN TaskInfo 2002 whereas it used to behave without incident. When I try to run both applications Seti tries to download a new task EVERY time it starts from the Setiqueue cache. Currently the XP3000 has 10 jobs allocated to it, ie 9 previous attempts. I don't know how to clear these or re-allocate them to the queue again. No help at the Setiqueue site FAQs. When the partially downloaded task appears in the DOS box on the XP3000 the PC hangs, I get the XP-Home message that Seti is not responding then Explorer is not responding then TaskInfo is not responding. Then it won't even respond to Ctrl-Alt-Del - only a cold boot fixes it.
I thought I'd try Setidriver but on the official web site it says that it is not supported / being developed anymore blah blah.
Does anyone know of a Seti task caching application that IS supported and has decent help / forum?
(I'm not interested in BOINC as my previous experience with it is that tasks take 24+ hours to run and then you don't get credits for the work crunched.)

gamer007
06-19-2004, 03:00 AM
I used SETImonitor. It is a monitor that shows you what spikes, gaussians, triplets and pulses that was found in your WUs. It also has a queueing system. Its old but it worked good for me when I crunched with S@H I. The website is http://www.zrlm.com/highstress/setimon/