PDA

View Full Version : Stats on Free-DC is available

JUST
12-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Here:
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=pi

LeBo
12-19-2006, 06:35 PM
What is all this scoring about at Pi Segment? Score, Reward and Credits??????? Also what is the most Credits I can earn?

Lagu
12-19-2006, 07:38 PM
The max point you can claim and earn is 20.000. When you reach that MAX you will remain there as long you run the project, Say you have 20.000 points and download 100 who is max your points sunk to say 10.000 but then you build it back to max. point. You lose nothing. The most important is the rewarded credit whish descrase solong you stay with the project. If you stop run it your credit is as it is and fixed.

I think Just can explain more or perhaps NeoGen as always know how it works.:icon_wink: :icon_santa:

Lagu
12-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Great Just!

Free-DC stats shows many variants of PI Segments rank, contributors, points, Top cruncers of today and so on. Perhaps it can collect more peoples to your project:icon_santa:

NeoGen
12-19-2006, 08:43 PM
To put it simply... credits is "money" on the project. You "buy" a workunit with 100 credits and "sell" it for 150 after beeing crunched. (or 120 if you upload it past the deadline). And because workunits cost credits, everyone starts with 1,000 credits at start.

The score is the real points for this project. It's what we compete on.

Reward is the points people gained from the beta rounds. Because it would be bad if the stats were reset, the points were given as reward now that the project is in full production.

I think I once heard that the 20,000 credits limit was a bug to be corrected, but I'm not sure... I'll look into that. In terms of score naturally there's no limit, and in terms of reward it's static now and just for display, as the beta rounds are over.

LeBo
12-19-2006, 10:14 PM
There must be a bug in the credits because I got to 20,000 and now I'm backing up. Sounds like a debit instead of a credit..:)

gatekeeper53
12-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Your looking at the wrong number. That system is run by uploads not credits. Check the uploads in total and in last 24 hours. Look at Lagu's tag above. "Score" 2583, "Credits" 14800. Score comes from uploads and some that were carried over from testing. Credits are just so someone don't download 500,000 wu's and then dump them.

JUST
12-20-2006, 04:37 AM
Exactly. Credit is only used to prevent over-download and we currently set the limit to 20000. Generally, credit is meaningless in rank.

reward is normally static but I may plan to increase it to thank "old" user.

Perhaps, we should change "credit" to another word to eliminate confusion. Could you give me some suggestions about the new word?

jmblazek
12-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Perhaps, we should change "credit" to another word to eliminate confusion. Could you give me some suggestions about the new word?
Your system makes perfect sense once you understand it. Although I admit I had to read through a couple threads to understand it. No need to change it, just make sure there's a legend defining what each column means.

Should you like to change it, I offer these suggestions:

Total Score, Tester's Reward, Download Credit

Another word for credit might be bank.

How about this...

Total Credit, Testing Credit, Download Bank

Instead of Testing you could use Beta...Beta Credit.

Total Credit, Beta Credit, Download Bank

Nflight
03-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Does anyone have a clue as to how to get the Free-DC statstool to work for there signature's? Seems instructions I followed still has me at Zero and I am not bouncing off the bottom anymore !

Bender10
03-17-2007, 03:14 PM
yup, hang on...

Bender10
03-17-2007, 03:16 PM
When you go to your stats on PI. Your code for DC is all the characters AFTER userid=...

It is a long string. about 30 characters. something like that.

Ooops "userid"

Bender10
03-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Everything after userid from the link to "user XML"

Nflight
03-17-2007, 03:24 PM
SO the line should include my "nick" plus the "=" and the numbers or, just the "=" and the numbers ? :sad5:

Nflight
03-17-2007, 03:30 PM
My God I missed the last Dang Gone digit, so I found my reasoning! Why could you not make it easier with just the nick then 36 digits, I understand that is a secure way of making sure no one else has the same configuration but whoa! NO wonder I could not fathom my frustration.
I think the Crankiness has worn over to my Desk... Thanks for the Help there Bender10, Could not have seen the mistake with out some easy help guidance. :sad5: :)

Steve Lux
03-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I like "Download Credit"

Hm.. Tried to add a Pi-Seg signature. First time I've tried and it doesn't seem to be working as expected.

Bender10
03-18-2007, 12:43 AM
Ok, I got it.
1. Open 2 browser windows of your AMD user control panel.
2. In one window, navigate to your Pi user account. select (as in double click on..) the link for the stats, and copy the http://... from the address bar.
3. Select the browser with the amd user control panel.
4. Select edit signature.
5. At the 'top' of the signature box select, "insert image". (little square picture icon)
6. You will get a dialog box. paste your Pi stats reference http://..... there. click "ok".
7. This will insert your Pi stats in the signature box.
8. Click "preview signature". That should do it.

Bender10
03-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Don't forget to "save" your new sig.

Steve Lux
03-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks Bender10. For some reason the Sig wouldn't work just from the link as I expected it to. Do we not see our own Signatures?

Bender10
03-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure what you're looking for. If I hit on the obvious, just ignore me.

There are 3 links to PI stat images on your PI user account page.

Team XML
User XML
Link to your signature (you want to insert this one)

The PI sig is specific to PI, and only PI. I think most of the stats sigs are inserted the same way as PI. You insert it as an [IMG] file.

I've only tried this with a couple, as I don't normally post a sig image. I put the PI one up to see if it werked the same as the others.

You can display just your PI stats on the Free-DC stat sig also. Different procedure.

If this does not help, give me a time to meet you on Flashchat, and I'll try and help you out. or catch me online.

AMDave
03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I PM'd you what should be the right ID for your stat.