PDA

View Full Version : ABC update

Scooter
12-26-2006, 01:02 PM
from the front page of ABC@HOME

26 december, 2006
The work daemon has been stopped and a large batch of 1000 workunits has been released with a quorum of 1. Everybody has more than 24 hours to work off any result they still might have or still get and report them. After that, I will dump the database and we will move to ABC@home beta: http://abcathome.com/beta . There all your credits etc. will reappear, and the current project will become stable. Stable will go live around the beginning of January if everything goes as planned. All user accounts will remain on stable but credits will be reset to zero, they will not be reset in beta. Beta is a perm testing project and will continue with development, including new clients for amd64, mac, other archs and including screensaver code. After a certain life cycle new code will be moved to stable. Statistic sites can be updated once the movement is complete.

Nflight
12-26-2006, 01:30 PM
from the front page of ABC@HOME

26 december, 2006
The work daemon has been stopped and a large batch of 1000 workunits has been released with a quorum of 1. Everybody has more than 24 hours to work off any result they still might have or still get and report them. After that, I will dump the database and we will move to ABC@home beta: http://abcathome.com/beta . There all your credits etc. will reappear, and the current project will become stable. Stable will go live around the beginning of January if everything goes as planned. All user accounts will remain on stable but credits will be reset to zero, they will not be reset in beta. Beta is a perm testing project and will continue with development, including new clients for amd64, mac, other archs and including screensaver code. After a certain life cycle new code will be moved to stable. Statistic sites can be updated once the movement is complete.

What I have underlined is just my feeling of why return to the effort when everything I have done is going to get wiped clean as we all start at zero once again? :icon_mad:

PoorBoy
12-26-2006, 02:17 PM
The Credits are not going to be lost Nflight, their just going to be under the Beta Project & you'll have to start at 0 again under the Live Project when that starts up. I'm Not sure how it will work but you'll have to either have to Attach to the New Live Project or Re-attach to the Old Beta Project ...

NeoGen
12-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Yup.... it's just like having Rosetta@home and Ralph@home at the same time but with a single account for both. Same project but different credits for each version (stable vs beta)

Scooter
12-26-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm Not sure how it will work but you'll have to either have to Attach to the New Live Project or Re-attach to the Old Beta Project ...

my thinking is that you will have to reattach to the beta

Scooter
12-28-2006, 12:19 PM
28 december, 2006
Staying attached to abcathome.com and being redirected by us through abcathome.com/beta works, however boinc complains with an invalid url. The choice is up to you what to do. Forums in here have been closed, please use the ones of the beta for now. Beta will be now open for the public, i.e. account creation is open. Once the stable starts the beta userdatabase will be imported into the stable and credits will be reset to zero in the stable (not beta!). The stats for the beta are available through abcathome.com/beta/stats, please report this to your favourite stats supplier and notify the change of the project to permanent testing, beta development stage.

AMDave
12-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks Scooter.
That makes it clear.

I attached directly to beta and it works fine.
when the stable comes out, we'll attach to that as a whole new project.

Scooter
12-28-2006, 05:26 PM
thought that might clear it up for everyone

Scooter
01-13-2007, 03:59 PM
13 January, 2007
Statistics are now exported again in abcathome.com/stats.
Notify your local stats supplier. Don't forget ABC@home
is a different project than ABC@home beta, they are now independent.
Beta will be solely used for testing purposes.
Here your credits et al are all reset to zero.

13 January, 2007
Workunits are waiting for the first diehards.
Please report any abnormalities or things you miss or are not working
on the forums so it gets fixed.

AMDave
01-14-2007, 01:54 AM
the project url translation is a bit finicky

It failed to attach using "http://www.abcathome.com/"
I got the message in the message tab to use "http://abcathome.com/"
removing the www worked.
Just a small item to note