PDA

View Full Version : We're #1 ! We're #1 ! We're #1 !

AMDave
01-01-2007, 02:04 AM
We just made it into #1 spot at ABC@home Beta

Thanks largely to PoorBoy and the rest of the Team
What a great way to start a new year.
w00t!

Ototero
01-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Where did you find the ABC final results. I had us at 2nd. Everything is zeroised today.

AMDave
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
They moved the beta project to xxx/beta and then zero'd the original.

Details in Scooter's thread
http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3473

Ototero
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks, now the beta is recorded for posterity in our "closed" projects section on the stats.

AMDave
01-01-2007, 12:18 PM
But, Beta is not closed.
It is still running.

Sorry I did not explain fully.

abc@home was copied to create abc@home/beta
abc@home/beta is still running and will continue to run like a test platform for abc@home
abc@home has now been zero's ready for the main "stable" version to go into production.

cear as mud, I know
we now have 2 abc projects,
although the new stable version "abc@home" has not started yet.

Ototero
01-01-2007, 12:29 PM
ah...........

gatekeeper53
01-01-2007, 06:22 PM
So what your saying is that the guy still has that project in a state of confusion and not much has changed since day one.

AMDave
01-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Not quite.
I think what he has done is quite smart.
what was "alpha" is now beta and is running along very well.
The smart thing is that the successful "copy" means that the stable version will run at least as well as the beta is running and he has now moved into a test-and-deploy methodology, and did not lose everyone's scores along the way.

In fact I think he has done rather well compared to some projects that moved into beta/stable too quickly.

Scooter
01-02-2007, 12:29 AM
I think the project has come along way since it started(but thats my opinion) and I think he really is making an effort to not only make it run smoothly but listen to the opinions of the crunchers and taking into consideration their thoughts and ideas......I would curious to know what PoorBoy's thoughts on the matter are..........