PDA

View Full Version : MJ-12 Stats

meshmar
01-02-2007, 07:08 PM
For some reason, I haven't shown up on the active non-boinc stats page the last three days. I was on there and poof ... gone. :sad5:

Ototero
01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I'll look into it and report back.

EDIT
Ok, I found the issue. M12 is the most torturous web site to extract stats from. When someone new starts crunching for the team, if I don't notice it straight away, all the M12 stats parsing screws up.

Meshmar, your scores will re-appear tomorrow. Sorry you got left out.
END EDIT

spikey_richie
01-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I signed up this morning.

Steve Lux
01-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I have been able to tweak MJ-12 from 5 up to 12 workers and remain fairly stable. I turned it up to 17 workers Sunday night and my system shut down Monday some time. When I came home from work my system had started to reboot and was stopped at the password box - so no crawling or crunching for several hours at least. So I tried reducing MJ-12 to 15 workers and while my system was stable yesterday evening I couldn't get online without shutting down MJ-12. So 12 workers seems to be the sweet spot for my system.

At 12 workers I can get from 200,000 to 240,000 credits a day. It's not enough to hold off the other teams, but it seems to be all I can do.

Steve Lux
01-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Aalerich - welcome to the party. It is good to have a new team member who is active in the MJ-12 project.

Steve Lux
01-15-2007, 04:20 AM
FreeDC stats for MJ-12 shows that we all left the team today.

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=maj&team=AMD+Users

And yet we are still there.

Steve Lux
01-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Chris Icide, I don't know if you're paying any attention to your MJ-12 rear view, but you're only 3 weeks ahead of me.

Also, for some reason FreeDC shows a few members on our team that aren't listed on the MJ-12 team stats.

Steve Lux
04-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Congrats to Junkbuster for achieving 1st place on our team in MJ-12, and for exceeding 500 million URL's crawled.

Frederic Brillouet
04-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Congrats for Steve Lux for keeping us updated :icon_thumright:

Bok
04-23-2008, 01:49 PM
The stats did screw up at one point, seems like the team data file from MJ12 disappeared, so it appeared as if most people were not part of any team for a while, so my code kicked in and presumed everyone left :) But, use these stats now anyway http://stats4.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=maj&team=2 Still bug fixing these, but I'm not really maintaining the older ones at all.. Bok

Steve Lux
05-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Evil-Dragon, at my present output (60 million URLs/month) you are only 2 months ahead of me. If you can, it's time to get back to crawling. I don't see you post very often, so I'm giving plenty of advanced notice.

Also, at this same pace, Junkbuster (in 1st place for the team), you are only 4 months ahead of me. Time to turn it up bud.

We are 130 million URL's behind the X-Grubbers (7th place), and they are doubling our team's 2-member output. If you haven't upgraded to the newest client (v1.6.1) you should. It's more productive for the amount of bandwidth used. Between the upgraded client and a 40% increase in my provider's bandwidth I've nearly doubled my output over the last month or more.

Beep! Beep!

Edited to add: For some reason my signature box shows me in 4th for the team, while the MJ-12 and Free-DC stats pages show me in 3rd - go figure.

KAMCOBILL
05-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Try this one for new stats at Free-DC:

http://stats4.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=Steve Lux (http://stats4.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=Steve%20Lux)

outputs this:

http://stats4.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=Steve%20Lux

Edited: If you click the link, it's leaving the space and Lux off address. At least it's that way on my firefox; Never tried IE. It works ok with signature though. OK third edit, got it. :rolleyes:

Bok
05-23-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah, I'm not entirely sure why the #1 for AMD Users on majestic 12 is still there on the old stats.

Don't really feel inclined to investigate too much either with them going away.. way too much other work to do :p

new ones are fine though.

Oracle -> DB2 migrations suck.

Steve Lux
05-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Bok:

"Don't really feel inclined to investigate too much either with them going away.."

MJ-12 is going away? I haven't seen that on their boards - not that I have read them all though.

"Oracle -> DB2 migrations suck."

When I worked for Alcoa they spent nearly a Billion $$ converting and standardizing to Oracle company/world-wide. We thought Oracle sucked until our part of Alcoa (Alcoa Home Exteriors) was sold last year and we converted over to JD Edwards. Now, if we had the clout and could afford them, we'd go back to Oracle in a moment. JDE isn't nearly as flexible for data mining as Oracle was - nor as intuitive.

KAMCOBILL: So, then: "http://stats.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=Steve Lux" is no longer the correct URL and syntax for my Free-DC signature and "http://stats4.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=Steve Lux" is the correct one?

Bok
05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Not going away, just the current 'live' stats at stats.free-dc.org will be changing to the format of stats4.free-dc.org.

The tag for stats4 is the most current...you can play around with the statstool that drives it at http://stats4.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=statstool then see your page at

http://stats4.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=usermain&name=Steve+Lux

and such.

Yes, JD Edwards is poor. I'm an Oracle DBA and have also used DB2 on mainframe for many years, but this was a conversion from Oracle on Linux to DB2 UDB on AIX. I basically had to script it all in perl. Was not pleasant, 2000+ tables and 50M rows or so. yuk :)

Bok

Steve Lux
05-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Is the stats4 location not yet finished? I noticed that Folding@Home has no output on the http://stats4.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=usermain&name=Steve+Lux link provided.

I'll see if I can get my stats straightened out (and add Einstein) after I regain access to your forums. My e-mail address in your database has changed - I've sent you an e-mail.

vaughan
05-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Agree Steve. I couldn't get the stats4 sigstats tool to work either.

bok I still prefer the layout (colors etc) of the original stats and the fact you could get an estimate of overtake days, and as discussed on your site's PM system that you can sort on the various columns (today, last update, 2 days ago etc).

my 2c

Bok
05-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I still haven't put F@H into cron, but I rewrote it on this one to be ALL users/teams. I'm just running it now..

I forgot to add PI segment, so have to do that yet.

Vaughan, colors will always be a personal choice. With more time (or help... - now where did AMDave get to :p ) I would skin it, but I'm not planning on changing the default colors right now.

I put in indexes for last_update yesterday, just got to code the links which I'll do today. I'm going to add indexes for 'yesterday' but as that's a calculated column right now, I have to alter the tables to add a new column and change the rollover script to populate it. Not that big a deal, just timing.

Remember the sorting on the old stats was not via indexes, so the database at times there is totally crippled. The new one at least on the backend is FAR FAR superior. Even on the front end there are many more features than before.

- milestones show team data
- individual boinc page
- overall boinc users
- overall boinc teams

plus a number of other easter eggs that no one has found yet :p

The estimates for overtake, I just haven't coded at all. I will certainly do it though, I did the teams one on the proj page.

Again, anyone who would like to help out would be very welcome. Be it php/css/javascript.

Bok

EDIT http://stats4.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teams&proj=mil&sort=last

simple enough once the indexes are in place..

Steve Lux
05-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Hm... Javascript. I know nothing about it. I did buy a Sams JavaScript 4th edition covering 1.5 and Ajax a few weeks ago. I use it to prop up a fan to get just the right angle. It has other uses?

Bok
05-24-2008, 02:00 PM
I used to hate javascript, but it certainly has it's uses, especially the ajax calls.. I basically learned it for the stats, though I guess I learned perl and php for them as well :)

Bok

KAMCOBILL
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Steve Lux,

Bok beat me to the answer. The last time I used the statstool there it worked.

Bok,

Are You sure there are more Eggs out there? What about the column before Project Rank (e.g. Toadys Rank).

Bill

Bok
05-29-2008, 11:58 AM
What about it ?

And yes, I know of a lot of things people haven't mentioned anything about in the stats which are new..

Bok

KAMCOBILL
05-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Any plans of including that column?

Bok
05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Still not sure where you are talking about ? I can't say I've even shown a 'today's rank' anywhere? Can you provide an example of what you mean ?

Bok

liuqyn
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
not so much a today's rank, but the lines in the tables used to be numbered in the left column, so when your sorted by today's score, for instance, you could see at a glance where you stand without having to count down the names.

Bok
05-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Didn't think anyone used that actually. Easy to add, it just uses up real estate though :)

KAMCOBILL
05-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Still not sure where you are talking about ? I can't say I've even shown a 'today's rank' anywhere? Can you provide an example of what you mean ?

Bok

Like these:

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=maj&orderby=d0&direction=DESC

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=maj

I use it because I'm so far down in most projects it too hard to count that many. :icon_rolleyes: That's probably why you don't have to use it. :icon_lol:

Steve Lux
06-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I missed it for the actual date, but about 9 days ago we (AMD Users) went over 3 billion URLs crawled.

Also, Evil Dragon; Bring it on Brother, you're less than 3 weeks ahead of me. Time to make your move.
And junkbuster; You have about 2 months until I catch you - if you've got it; bring it.
Much longer of this goofin off and you boys'll be southern fried.

Interesting thing I have noticed is that when I first started Majectic-12 if you crawled a million URLs per day you would be sitting comfortably in the top 24. Now it is getting so that almost 3 million a day is barely keeping me on the front page's top 24 list. There are quite a few "new" crawlers out there and they are really pushing it.

[NGS]Cpt00Kirk
10-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi mates,

A early message for our good friends of AMD Users. :wav:Can you clean out your #9 spot.... we would like to have it!! :icon_twisted:

See you soon in our mirrors :icon_wink:

Frederic Brillouet
10-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Cpt00Kirk;61405']Hi mates,

A early message for our good friends of AMD Users. :wav:Can you clean out your #9 spot.... we would like to have it!! :icon_twisted:

See you soon in our mirrors :icon_wink:
You better watch out, because we are ruthless rabbit hunters :icon_twisted:

ps: started the client here, see what it does

Steve Lux
10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Good output there Fredric, well need even more help to hold off the Dutch. More likely we need to catch the X-Grubbers before the Dutch catch us. The few we have won't be able to hold the Power Cows off for long.

Me, I'm just aiming for a Billion URL's crawled - that's all. It would be nice to have my internet speed back and not seem like I'm on dial-up all the time.

Frederic Brillouet
10-13-2008, 05:33 PM
I have it running as hard as possible. my intel keeps crashing on it though, probably need to shut it down there. both puters are on the same line though, so no big loss normally

and yes we need a lot more people to keep the cows from grazing our space

Steve Lux
10-14-2008, 10:25 PM
[NGS]Cpt00Kirk:

Your team has done an impressive job in the last 4 months. Looks like you lost one of your heavy-crawlers a while ago.

Frederic Brillouet
10-14-2008, 11:39 PM
[NGS]Cpt00Kirk:

Your team has done an impressive job in the last 4 months. Looks like you lost one of your heavy-crawlers a while ago.
we lost kamcobill I think. or was it someone else? I'm maxed out here guys, we need more people, preferably with high speed, unlimited internet access. somebody's got to have it.

liuqyn
10-15-2008, 02:58 AM
I wish I did, then I would.

Steve Lux
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I was meaning that the Cows lost one of their heavy hitters. A few months ago their production stopped, else the team would be catching us even sooner.

They likely got into trouble with their ISP. Some ISP's get upset when we actually use the bandwidth they advertise and that we pay for. Go figure...

sentient_life
10-15-2008, 06:10 PM
The program was running so well when I was on a wired connection. However, after moving to KY and having to use a wireless adapter, I'm getting so many DNS errors with the client. I've got to look into some possible interference from neighboring routers around our house, because regular web browsing is affected, too.

[NGS]Cpt00Kirk
10-16-2008, 08:08 AM
I was meaning that the Cows lost one of their heavy hitters. A few months ago their production stopped, else the team would be catching us even sooner.

They likely got into trouble with their ISP. Some ISP's get upset when we actually use the bandwidth they advertise and that we pay for. Go figure...

Well we had a guy that had 2x100MB lines but he could only use 50GB a week so in less than a day he did more then that :-( so he had to stop.

so no ISP problems but upload limits

Steve Lux
10-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I sort of consider an ISP load limit to be a problem. If my ISP advertises unlimited usage with a certain bandwidth for a specified price, I think that is exacly what they should provide. All too often people find out after they start something like MJ-12 that there are un-advertised limits on monthly usage.

Shameless project recruitment advertisement:

For those who have not yet tried Majestic-12, but who may be reading this forum, you should know that Majestic 12 is adjustable to use only the bandwidth that you want it to use. And, it has low memory and processor demands, so other BOINC and non-Boinc projects can be run at the same time. While some like Fredric and myself run it at full capacity, that may not be your style. If you want to run just a few crawlers and/or restrict its bandwidth you can do that and still help out the team.

Not everyone has a 10MB (mine is 6MB) unlimited bandwidth line, or is willing to put up with running a MJ-12 setup that makes is seem that your other internet applications are on dialup (as mine does), but you can still contribute with a tweeked back setup that will contribute to the team.

(If you are running DIMES or some other internet intensive application for the team then that project recruitment advertisement wasn't for you.)

Steve Lux
02-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Well, I've crawled over 1 Billion URL's for Majestic-12 over the course of the last 2-1/2 years or so. I think that's about enough. This weekend I plan to change back over to Dimes - If I remember to and if I remember how. You stick with one thing long enough and you don't remember how to change to something else.

khromov: Keep up the good fight.

Nflight
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM
A job Well Done Steve Lux, Thank You Very Much for your true dedication to this project. It is much appreciated. :blob3: :wav:

vaughan
02-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Nflight said it all. Thanks Steve for putting so much effort into MJ-12. :icon_thumright:

Steve Lux
02-06-2009, 01:42 PM

Another year or so I could have been like McDonald's: "Billions and Billions Served". At some point you just stop counting.