PDA

View Full Version : There goes psp-sieving team #1

Brucifer
01-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Was really pretty much a foregone conclusion though once Blistering Sheep and Phased Array from ARS got into the sieving thing. Was all over but the shouting. Just a massive number of systems they have between them, way beyond anything at the disposal of the amd_users team. So anyway, congrats to you ARS crunchers.

NeoGen
01-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Some individuals out there, alone, are as powerful as the biggest teams. It's an amazing power... :icon_eek:

I hope they remember that "with great power comes great responsability" :)

NeoGen
01-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Or should I say... "with great power comes great electrical bills" :lol: :lol:

Brucifer
09-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Well I've started sieving again. Just using my dual core 64-bit linux systems. The sr2sieve client works pretty good. If you have some X2 or athlon-64 systems, running linux-64 and don't like boinc, come on and join in. I'd be more than happy to help you get started on it.

And if you have some C2D's/quad's that you are bored with, the LLRnet portion of psp needs some help. Find a prime number and get in the history books. :)

NeoGen
09-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm trying out Riesel Base 5 LLR on my sister's laptop, there's only me and Vaughan on our Team on the base 5 projects.
It's running ok I guess, I set up two folders, each with an instance of the LLR application, to take advantage of the dual-core, and haven't touched it ever since.

Brucifer
09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I still haven't purchased an Intel. Waiting to see what happens with the amd-quad benchmarks. Until I get an intel, I'll just be sticking with the sieving as that's what they really excell at. :)