PDA

View Full Version : Satellite tv service with Cable Internet?

Jeff
01-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to have satellite tv service and have cable internet too?

I am in the middle of an 18month contract with Dish Network and currently have Bellsouth DSL at the apartment. In a few days, we will be closing on our first home. I called Bellsouth to make sure that DSL would be available at the house, but they said that the central office for my area is full (only 96 ports). This means that I would have no DSL. I can't cancel Dish Network without paying a 100 dollar termination fee, and, to be honest, I really like Dish Network.

My address does qualify for Charter's 3meg service though. Has anyone heard of cable running a direct line for cable modem without touching any of the prexisting wiring in the house, which will be hooked up to Dish Network??

gatekeeper53
01-23-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes it's no problem. The only thing is that you end up paying more than just getting the (TV & Internet) both together. At the end of your contract you can switch to a tv & internet package and save some money. But, Charter has no problem selling you just the internet for now.