PDA

View Full Version : Today's rag...

Brucifer
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
/rant-on
In this litttle neck of the woods, it seems as the execs at Charter in their constant quest to boost their greed sent out a letter for new pricing, and re-vamping of their channels effective the beginning of this month. Of course they only did a minimal price increase on the "basic and expanded basic" tiers as they call it. Then they took some of the channels out of the old expanded basic, and moved them into a new grouping called "Charter Total View" and tacked at $10 price on that, including the History Channel, the Military Channel, and some other popular ones from the old expanded basic. So in effect they ended up charging more for less IRT expanded basic. Well I had their deluxe primo diddy, with the kitchen sink in it. So it all just ticked me off so I took my digital boxes back to them, cancelled out all the movie channels, and just stayed with the basic and expanded basic. Havent been watching hardly any TV lately anyway. Last night I turn the tube on, and thats' when it registered what they had done with the expanded basic.... which ticks me off even more. Really thinking now about just dumping Charter period! They keep raising prices and dinking with the channel line-up. Now they put out their telephone service, and seem rather surprised that the world just isn't flocking to it..... Maybe they are oblivious to their reputation of constant price jacking. Of course when they have a monopoly, what can one expect. They've jacked their internet costs all along too. My dsl from verizon is cheaper and giving me better reliability than Charter's internet, which I dropped a little over a year ago.

Just a good example of the ills of allowing monopolies... looking real hard now at just chucking the whole Charter scene and going with Dish or Direct. Hmmmm maybe I should just go back to reading books. No ads....

/rant-off

spikey_richie
02-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Adelphia on SoCal has recently been taken over by Time Warner cable, and they've done a similar thing. Plus now the internet is with them, our traffic routes through servers in New York so my ping rates have doubled!