PDA

View Full Version : Are U using Xp 64 Pro? (not Vista)

Bender10
02-27-2007, 01:41 AM
I've been running this on my game confuser for about 4 months with no problems (i'm a BF 2/2142 wackjob). Now it's doing DC on the side also with no prob (boinc and UD).

I don't hear much about this os. Anyone having problems? :XXarcade:

One of the issues is no upgrade path to Vista (big whooop), which is not a problem with me.

I picked it up mainly for 64 bit gaming insurance. And just to try it out. Yeah I finally had to pay for it when the trial ran out. That hurt. It's only the second time i had to PAY for windoze.

Scooter
02-27-2007, 05:07 AM
I run it on my 3400+ I dont have any problems with it once it got set up. Only issue I had was a driver for wireless card but got it to work

Brucifer
02-27-2007, 06:04 AM
I have XP Pro 64 running on a dual boot X2 system. Have had no problems with it, and it was an extremely pleasant install. Really surprised me. I picked up another copy for another X2 this afternoon. Just not in any rush to get Vista.

Bender10
02-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah, that was my feeling too. I just requested another 'trial' copy for another build (just needed a code to activate). The frekin' price for x64 just went up.

For a product that MS is not pushing, they sure want enough for it (@130).

Although I just found it for $77 now (special price mester, and only 10 rubles for this fine roleex...)

Bender10
02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I had a problem with a wireless card also. I finally gave it to a buddy. I only use wireless on my laptops anyway. Hardwire is a piece o cake anyway.

We just completed a renovation, and wired the house for cat 6 (i should have run fibre). Since then I've had to add about 8 drops in the basement for DC.

Brucifer
02-27-2007, 03:00 PM
I only do hardwire here, no wireless. The son came over with his notebook which is wireless and hooked right up to the net though. Lotsa neighbors with wireless I guess........ and as you've noticed, their security sucks.

PcManiac
02-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I have been using it for close to a year now, and the first problem I had with is was that I couldn't connect my RAZR to it lol. oh well, aside from that, Aquamark3 doesn't work.

it is always cool to start up HL2, and at the top see "64 bit mode" or whatever lol.