PDA

View Full Version : D20L stats

Lagu
03-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I’ve checked our D20L-stats today and we hold the 8th place with 328.178 points. nearest us is one for me unknown Team named Soft with 324.425 points. This team seems have some potential but have decrease their daily points but we may look up so we not will be stomped.

2007-01-08 was spe_AG809_14469011 our best crunched candidate and node 20032 was the cruncher. Who is he?:icon_wink:

Also: who is running D20L right now? I’m one of them. I have one PC as is dedicated to that project running 7/24.:)

Bender10
03-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm running 2 flash drives at werk on 'broken', non-internet boxes. Maybe 85-100 a day?

Steve Lux
03-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Told ya it would work. I'm going to try the same with another flash I bought today, but with Pi Segment.

NVM
03-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Lagu, that node number must be incorrect. (not enough digits)

Bender10
03-14-2007, 12:46 AM
I think it was 200032.....

Bender10
03-14-2007, 12:49 AM
I have to bring my drives home tommorow and do a data dump....

BobCat13
03-14-2007, 12:50 AM
That candidate matches the best one for keithw1975.

NVM
03-14-2007, 12:53 AM
yup. wtg keith.

Steve Lux
03-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Lagu, that is keithw1975. And we just passed team SOFT about a week ago.

Dang, ya'll beat me to it.

vaughan
03-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Also: who is running D20L right now? I’m one of them. I have one PC as is dedicated to that project running 7/24.:)
Most of my GHz are running Pi Segment currently for the team effort. Some systems have eOn in the background using 25% cpu and the PIII is running PrimeGrid. Dimes and Depspid is also running on those systems that can.

Brucifer
03-14-2007, 04:39 AM
I was trying to get some more run-up on OGR, but I've switched most of my systems back to d2ol to get some more points built up.

edit: All of them are back on d2ol now. I see there's a lot of Avian Flu work units again. :)

Bender10
03-14-2007, 11:52 AM
I checked my flash drives at werk this morning. I'll be doing a ~140 wu data dump tonight...

They are on old slow machines, but they crunch. :icon_mrgreen:

Keith75
03-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Are you all aware that the stats will be reset next month?

Brucifer
03-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Are you serious? Got an URL? Cause if that's for real then I'm finished with their projects for good. That will make two resets.

edit: I went to their site. What they are doing is zero-ing out the stats for their "next phase" and the present stats will go into a "hall of fame." Need to have all old stats uploaded by April 2, as on the 3rd they start the next phase.

So......... color me gone from this project folks. There's other worthwhile projects out there where they aren't playing musical chairs with the stats system.

NVM
03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
i just went through the official D2OL forums and dang if i could find that news. i'll be choked though if its true.

Brucifer
03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
i just went through the official D2OL forums and dang if i could find that news. i'll be choked though if its true.

Yeah, it's there, under the section on D2OL Forums -> General Forums -> What's New -> with the thread title of "Next Project Phase Begins April 3" and was entered by Adam Hughes.

Lagu
03-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Keith75 is right. They are silly and I will not crunch for them longer. I´ve had enough! All hours and juice to no vain.:(
It will be interesting se how many as will continue among all Teams out there. MoneyBee next.

Link: http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000287

NVM
03-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Keith75 is right. They are silly and I will not crunch for them longer. I´ve had enough! All hours and juice to no vain.:(
It will be interesting se how many as will continue among all Teams out there. MoneyBee next.

Link: http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000287

but that's from last year. look at the date, 2006. we've been doing phase II for almost a year now. even our stats page clearly say phase II.

Keith75
03-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Well don't I feel like an idiot. I don't even know what year it is. lol Guess I was once burned and twice shy with their stats being reset.

Lagu
03-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Damn NVM, you are right but what mean Keithw75?:)

Bender10
03-15-2007, 12:12 AM
I just rolled out another 130 wu's from a couple old P3 boxes.

Note to self: read forum post dates....:icon_rolleyes:

Steve Lux
03-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't know if anyone else had noticed or not, but Team Norway is closing on our placement in D2OL. They are only about 5,000 behind us - and consistantly outpacing our present team efforts there.

Brucifer
03-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Yep, it's been going like that for quite a while. I uploaded around 10,000 a few days ago when Team Norway was ahead. Unfortunately we don't have enough non-boinc crunchers to keep the non-boinc stuff going all the way around. Not dinging on the boinc crunchers, just stating a basic fact of life here. Pretty much is a boinc team now. We are in a rob Peter to pay Paul situation on the non-boinc stuff, and to some degree it's the same on a lot of the boinc stuff I've noticed too. More projects out there than assets to keep current in everything. Myself, I've been busy with MoneyBee trying to help get that to team position @11. Only Bender10 and a couple others are crunching d2ol on a regular basis, and Bender moved a couple of his systems over to help on moneybee too.

I don't think there is any magic answer to it all. And I've noticed that we aren't the only team having these problems either.

Beerknurd
03-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Too many projects and not enough computers... It's the story of my life...

sentient_life
03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Do we try to catch Ars Technica whom is 55 million pts ahead or keep swapping 4th place with Team Norway? It's probably going to be a never ending battle with d2ol.

I'm in the same boat with you guys. I'm trying to reach a reasonable level amount (100,000) across as many of the bio/medical and physics projects that are out there -- BOINC or non-BOINC included. It seems that every day a new protein-folding project starts up or returns from hiatus. I would love to have the computing power of PoorBoy, Chris Icide, or Mitchell, and be able to hit that mark in less than a week, but it's not going to happen. Just need to plug along as best as we can...

Ototero
03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I've stuck a machine on D2OL. Gotta help a little bit.

Brucifer
03-12-2008, 11:08 PM
I would love to have the computing power of PoorBoy, Chris Icide, or Mitchell, snip ...

It wouldn't matter if you did. :)

Speaking from experience, I think having more systems than many people causes a fair amount of frustration as everyone wants you to spend some time crunching "their" favorite project. So you never have enough power to take care of everything everyone wants plus what you want yourself. So it's a never ending loop. :)

ARS may be ahead of us in some projects, but we are ahead in others. Team-wise we can have our "favored" projects, however that only works to a degree as people are still only going to crunch what they really want to except for short bursts such as with the monthly pushes/races.

Same goes for Team Norway too, they may presently be averaging more than us in d2ol, but the sure aren't in several other projects. Best thing really is to just let people crunch what they want and are happiest with as that keeps them crunching. As a team we just have to recognize that we aren't going to be on the top in everything. Even DPC has limits! :icon_mrgreen:

No biggie really as it's just the way the cookie crumbles. :icon_rolleyes:

Jason1478963
03-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Also, in case nobody noticed, despite our best efforts to hold them off, Team Norway is more than doubling, and TeAm Anandtech more than tripling our daily credits in Poem@home, but we did take a spot from Crunchers Inc :)

sentient_life
03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh, I will surely be jumping back on POEM, but I'm waiting for the race at the end of the month that vaio organized.:icon_twisted:

Danish Dynamite
03-13-2008, 08:53 AM
yeah ill be back on poem when this push starts

AMDave
03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks Jason. That's good info.

Lagu
03-15-2008, 10:51 PM
We are 4 members running D2OL. Bender10, SteveLux, Krab84 and myself. And we have not enough power to hold team Norway back because Brucifer not is with us. It is a great loss.

Perhaps just you as read my message have a computer free for running that project?

Lagu:icon_wink:

Danish Dynamite
03-16-2008, 01:53 AM
i have added a node so far will add more though out the day, i think, as long as i work out how to run D2OL client more then once per comp

seems like this project is doing some really good research

Edit i found some post here suggesting to install app multiple times ie twice for dual core and set affinity as well, found a link for Dspy (http://homepages.opencominc.com/smichael/dspy.html) thank you lagu

vaughan
03-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Don't forget about these stats:

http://teamstats.macnn.com/d2ol/stats.php?page=s3&TID=528

Danish Dynamite
03-21-2008, 05:30 AM
thanks for link vaughan

Brucifer
04-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Finally, at long last I reached 400,000 in d2ol. The 300's just seemed to go on forever. Of course I suppose that crunching on moneybee just might possibly have had a teensy impact on that. :) Trying to get a bit of distance between us and Team Norway.

Lagu
04-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Well done Brucifer!:icon_thumright:

Lagu:icon_wink:

Danish Dynamite
04-07-2008, 02:54 AM
well done brucifer and congrats

vaughan
04-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Nice crunching Bruce. Keeping those Norwegians honest I see. Nice. :icon_wink:

Steve Lux
04-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I have found that by sticking to just a few favorite projects, even with my limited resources I can apply enough pressure for a long enough time to work my way up the rankings for both team and world.

We will never be able to match or beat the output of some teams in projects like Folding or Einstein, but that doesn't mean they aren't of value. I bought a PS3 just to do Folding because I think it's good science. I never play the darn thing - though my son does every once in a while. Our team would have to have over a hundred PS3's Folding to make a dent in the top 10 list. Same with Einstein - I have my son's computer crunching that - just because I think it's good science - when he's not playing WoW.

My home computer crunches at Proteins (50th place in the world) because I think it's valuable research and good science. I have another computer steadily crunching D2OL (65th place for the world), again because I think it's good science and valuable research.

Personally I care less whether something is Boinc or non-Boinc - just if it's good science or not and if it has potential value to humanity. Just put some cores on a project and let it sit - slowly you will move up in the ranks, if that is important to you. If you want a certain number in however many types of projects, then do what you gotta do. It all goes towards the team standing, which is also important to some folks.

When I'm on line, and if I'm looking, and I see that we are losing a placement in one of the projects I contribute to - I'll mention it here on these boards. When I first got started with DC I was all excited about building systems and kicking a bit of DC tail. But this horse costs too much and I have other plans for my $$. Continually funneling money into building more, newer and faster systems doesn't seem to be all that important to me - and I'm not interested in the pressure from others that PoorBoy mentioned to jump from one hot pet project to the next. My $$ is being funneled into my retirement for which I am planning 11.3 years from now - that's my priority.

Brucifer
04-14-2008, 12:25 AM
yeah, I am in that spot too, only I am retired now. And I've learned that trying to keep up with the latest and greatest and donating all the crunching time just isn't at the same priority level in my life anymore... many other things to do that don't cost as much. :icon_mrgreen:

Steve Lux
04-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Hey, Brucifer.. Do that another 20 times (dump 305 thousand in D2OL) and we'll have first place in no time. Quite a contribution there. WOW!

Beerknurd
04-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Holy crap... :lol:

Nice dump Bruce!!!!!

:wav:

vaughan
04-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Amazing Bruce. Maybe we should all retire so we could work on major dumpages like this one! :icon_wink:

Lagu
04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Nice Bruce. :icon_thumright:

Am is running D2OL from time to time. For example over a weekend sometimes.

Lagu:)