PDA

View Full Version : D2OL Beta

Bender10
03-19-2007, 07:42 PM
It looks like D2OL may be rolling out a new client this year sometime. No dates, they are still testing.

I was smurfing around and noticed D2OL was looking for Beta testers. So I signed up. The Beta is running on my flash disk now. Although, I am setting up a Flash Pi disk now...

They are also looking for suggestions to improve/add to the client...

Opteron
03-20-2007, 04:27 PM
It looks like D2OL may be rolling out a new client this year sometime. No dates, they are still testing.

I was smurfing around and noticed D2OL was looking for Beta testers. So I signed up. The Beta is running on my flash disk now. Although, I am setting up a Flash Pi disk now...

They are also looking for suggestions to improve/add to the client...

Do you see any difference between the current version and the Beta version Mr Bender??? Are the WU's the same???

Bender10
03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
There is no visual difference in the GUI client. The test client has about 350K of new code...

Same wu's so far.

Still runs on a thumb drive :)

Bender10
05-28-2007, 12:25 PM
I was smurfing around the D2OL/TSC forum's the other day....

Did you know?? (I did not)

You can transfer a D2OL/TSC "Node" to a different machine? Or from a Flash drive to a real computer. All without creating ANOTHER Node?

1. Go to: X:\Program Files\SengentD2OL\D2OL\res\ and copy (or backup) the "node.prp" file to a safe place. This is your "nodeID".

2. Install D2OL in your new location. Right after you install D2OL, it will display a window asking for your e-mail address. Simply cancel this and navigate on over to X:\Program Files\SengentD2OL\D2OL\res\ and paste your backed up "node.prp" file back into the ‘res’ folder. Now you can start D2OL and it will use your previous Node ID.

(I have not tried this yeti, but it is supposed to werk..:) )

Why didn't I think of that!!! :icon_mrgreen: