PDA

View Full Version : Colors explained in Team MacNN's D2OL stats pages

vaughan
07-13-2004, 02:31 PM
reader50 wrote:

Regarding the colors, they show relative comparisons to nearby members, but the perspective depends on if you are looking at a Personal page, or any other kind of page.

Personal page: You are blue. Those that threaten you are Orange or Red, opportunities are shades of Green. Sorting does not change member's assigned colors, so the colors make the most sense when sorted by total stats.

Member pages (all other kinds): there is no selected user, so no one is blue. Orange / Red indicate those that are a threat to those above (with little/no threats to themselves), or those with major power, period. Shades of green indicate the easy meat, those that are going to get passed soon by nearby members. Once again, a resort does not change the assigned colors, which make the most sense when members are sorted by total stats. The Active pages are a special kind of sort, so the assigned colors there may not look "right". They do still indicate the situation each active member is in.

The various comments are triggered by nearby conditions, and are scaled for severity. As someone gets closer to you, the warnings grow louder. "Turn on the music" means the party is ready to begin, you are about to pass someone really soon, and it's a pretty sure thing.

BC
08-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Vaughan,
May I ask for the URL? Some of Team Norway's comparisons don't draw correctly for negative values.

Also a question: How do you get D2OL to update hourly as indicated by Team Norway's charts???

which leads to some silly question if I may: What's the best way to run D2OL? download a large quantity of units and upload in a block? Run online or offline? Is ther a CLI version that I can sneak in under Cygwin or do I fire up Linux properly?

Chuck

em99010pepe
08-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Vaughan,
May I ask for the URL? Some of Team Norway's comparisons don't draw correctly for negative values.

Also a question: How do you get D2OL to update hourly as indicated by Team Norway's charts???

which leads to some silly question if I may: What's the best way to run D2OL? download a large quantity of units and upload in a block? Run online or offline? Is ther a CLI version that I can sneak in under Cygwin or do I fire up Linux properly?

Chuck

I can answer all that.

1º - http://teamstats.macnn.com/d2ol/stats.php

2º - He sends manualy the results. That's what I do.

3º - The best way to run D2OL is using the GUI version despite using more memory than the CLI.

4º - I have always the cache full with 2000 wu's. I ran D2OL in offline mode only online when manually uploading.

5º- ?!?!?!?!

BC
08-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Vaughan,

Chuck

I can answer all that.

1º - http://teamstats.macnn.com/d2ol/stats.php

2º - He sends manualy the results. That's what I do.

3º - The best way to run D2OL is using the GUI version despite using more memory than the CLI.

4º - I have always the cache full with 2000 wu's. I ran D2OL in offline mode only online when manually uploading.

5º- ?!?!?!?!

Thanks,
That makes me feel a lot better... I have been getting a LOT of those 1 in 3,000,000 tasks which take forever to run.... slow as heck... hope that is normal. If not, please tell me... otherwise I will assume it is normal for something like that to take a long time to do all the docking since it thinks it's close to a real answer.

Chuck

em99010pepe
08-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks,
That makes me feel a lot better... I have been getting a LOT of those 1 in 3,000,000 tasks which take forever to run.... slow as heck... hope that is normal. If not, please tell me... otherwise I will assume it is normal for something like that to take a long time to do all the docking since it thinks it's close to a real answer.

Chuck

Those tasks are normal. I'm always getting them!

vaughan
08-01-2004, 11:40 AM
1° & 2° what he said. The best stats were from Team MacNN but the server is moving house since last Thursday so I don't know when they'll be back live again. I also have no success today getting the Anandtech stats by GeoffS at www.tastats.com

3° Run GUI minimised. Run Malor's DSpy program so you can see whats happening. Do a Google search for it.

4° Your option - I have it set on 1000 now but had it on 2000 on the 31st July so I could download as many tasks as possible under July's d/l limit on my Optusnet account (I used 11 out of 12 GBs in July so I was annoyed with myself for not using the limit running Gomez; note to self for August - don't give free GBs to Optusnet.)
Also, if you want to save up crunched tasks and then do a massive dump, that's OK. Otherwise just let it connect automatically every 6 hours. Just get you work in by 2pm AEST which I guess is Midnight somewhere in America and your work will count for that day. Doesn't matter that much if you miss 2pm AEST as it will count for the following day.

5° Never managed to get D2OL or TSC to work under Mandrake, only eOn and Distributed Folding. I cannot answer about cygwin.

em99010pepe
08-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Just a little tip about D2OL. Do not exit D2OL without "Stoping Task Engine". If you don't do that next time you restart D2OL you will see that the program starts jumping wu's.