PDA

View Full Version : NeoGen

Beerknurd
03-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Oh where, Oh where has NeoGen gone??? Did I miss an "I'm going on vacation" thread?? He hasn't been active since 03/08/07...

:sad5: :sad5: :sad5: :sad5: :sad5: :sad5: :sad5:

Lagu
03-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes, he seem to be more and more rare:icon_mrgreen:

NeoGen
03-21-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm back again for a little while! :)

Umm... to cut a long story short, my PC has been on and off for the past month or so. Blue screens of hardware failures have grown to a daily basis. I guess this poor machine has lasted longer than its life expectancy. It's time to retire... :(
And last week calamity striked me hard. The raid controller failed me and corrupted the data on all the hard drives connected to it... Even the new ones where I was starting to back things up. Everything I've been finding and collecting over the years... gone. :( :(

Funny that this guy I know, who practices tarot and other mystical arts like that, told me a couple of months ago that I was about to enter a time of big changes. Pity he couldn't tell me what kind of changes!!! :(

Ahhh well... one has got to look on the bright side of life. I'm gonna get myself some new parts (mobo, cpu, memory, etc) and build myself a brand new bad ass machine to be able to compete with you guys again! :)

I'm typing from my "still working" old machine. I formatted the hard drives (the data was corrupted anyway...) installed windows+sp2 again and nothing else. The machine is still giving on average 2 to 4 blue screens per day but I'll manage until I get the new parts.

A phoenix will rise from the ashes soon... stay tuned! :icon_wink:

Evil-Dragon
03-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles, RIAD controllers can be such bitches at the best of times. Good to hear that you are on the mend and rebuilding your machines.

Beerknurd
03-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Welcome back Neo.... That sucks about your computer... But at least you can build a better one.... :)