PDA

View Full Version : Tanpaku

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Ok people, how big of a pad do you think we need to feel safe in 1st place? We should be back in 1st in the next in the next 48 to 72 hours and then how long do we run before the pad is comfortable, The last time we ran it up to 400,000 but there was nothing else pressing to do. As you can see if we focus our power we can make a dent in most projects very quickly. I think we need (volunteer) project leaders. People that like a certain project and take it as their own and keep the rest of us informed when and how much they need help. NFlight has a project that he really likes, he's always singing it's praises,(that is a very good thing) he might be a good project leader for that one and so on. We have tons of diversity in thinking and people around here so covering all the projects should be no problem. What do the rest of you think?

PoorBoy
04-02-2007, 12:06 PM
The Project Leaders is a good idea Terry, I can take the Nano Hive Project if there's no objection's from anybody ... :)

I mainly like the NanoHive Project because I only live about 60 miles from the NanoHive Headquarters located in Dearborn Michigan, so it's kinda like a Home Town Project for me. Since I went back to NanoHive I've managed to keep BOINCSynergy from gaining any more on the Team. But I feel they will make the NH Project their POTM for May.

It almost won out for April but with a little help from me :icon_wink: ABC won so it more than likely will win in May, I don't know how much effort they really put in their POTM Projects other than they make a big Hubbub about it in their Forum.

If anybody wants to help out at NanoHive feel free to do so & if you have any problems PM me or Post in the AMD Forum & I will help out if I can. 1 thing about the Nano Project that people need to understand though is that you have to have Patience with the Credits. A lot of Pending credits can build up there, but you will get the Credit eventually. They also give you Credit for Errored out WU's (Computation Error's), something a lot of Projects don't do. Just don't Abort the WU's, or you won't get Credit then. The WU's can be quite long sometimes too, on my P4 3.4 it is nothing to run 60-70 hr's for 1 WU, My Core 2 Duo's right now are running in the 4-8 hr range to give you an idea of the length of the WU's ...

Bender10
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
If 400k was what you used last time, that should werk.

The various point systems are all relative anyway. All teams have the same advantage.

I can be lead here if nobody else has a real strong attachment to this project...or unless this is yours gatekeeper.

Evil-Dragon
04-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Do you guys need some help in Tanpaku or shall i continue my points building for Docking@Home?

(I'm trying to build 10,000 points for each project, it's takes a fair bit of time with only 3 computers)

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Feel free Bender, I take it your talking about Tanpaku. Dragon I think we'll be fine in Tanpaku it's just a matter of running up a lead.

vaughan
04-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I'd like to be Master Cruncher for BOINC Riesel Sieve and eOn please.

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 12:49 PM
I think I'll make a thread just for this.

LeBo
04-02-2007, 01:54 PM
I'll crunch where needed to keep us No. 1....:icon_wink:

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 01:55 PM
That's pretty much the way I feel Lebo.

Nflight
04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
My Current project that I like is United Devices Grid.org, although not everyone likes this project we are far from #1 as in today our rank is at #1877. Although this is much better then Decembers Rank when I joined at Rank #2490.

It is a medical project and I feel it is close to my heart from losing a friend this past late November 2006. Bender10 was doing pretty good and so was Beerknurd, but alas the calls to WAR with the BlueBerries destroyed all upward momentum for my dually noted project. Grid.org

Gatekeeper53 I suppose this is the one your were talking about?

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Yes NFlight would you like to be the Project leader there?(Grid.Org)

Bender10
04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm working on getting 1 confuser on each UD and D2OL. Actually, D2OL is on a stick now, waiting for some Pi wu's to run down.

Big Whiskey
04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
SpinHenge seems to be my fav

But I been treading water there, every once in awhile I could use a boost, two or three days to keep from sinking out of the top twenty.

please
Please!
PLEASE!!! :sad5:

but I not begging you to :icon_rolleyes:

Cheers
Big Whiskey

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
You got it Big Whiskey = SpinHenge.

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 02:51 PM
P.S. Thanks a heap for the help on Pi.

Bender10
04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
BW, If you can wait a few days, I can switch 2 boxes to SH on Saturday? For the weekend...

(gonna have to dig out the daily planner.....)

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
LOL you too huh. I need my big desk calendar back.

Big Whiskey
04-02-2007, 03:19 PM
No rush at the moment, I'm going to go for 5000 on Pi, then stop by Tanpaku for for a week. then back to Spin.

Bender10
04-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Ok, I'll keep on the lookout.

Nflight
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Yes please on the Grid.org, I would like to get to 200,000 on Tanpaku first then slide over to my favorite.

Scooter
04-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Well i'll offer to keep tabs on Chess960 if thats ok with everyone!!!!

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
All yours Scooter.

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 04:59 PM
It's maked for you NFlight

gatekeeper53
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
LOL I've seen a little talk from the Dingleberries about comming to Tanpaku. This is an on going project with no end in sight. What I suggect is that if they are silly enough to follow us here that we direct the strike force back to PI Segment with a vengence. I mean an all out balls to the wall assualt and for as long as it takes to end that project. I see us pull in every favor owed to any of us in the DC community and and everyone we know that has a computer. I don't have any intention of letting even one of those guys think what we did in PI is going to happen unless we want it to. We left PI because the objective of that project had been met. The project was an advertisement for the Chinese people. There was no scientific value in it, (who cares if the 2 quadrillionth bit of Pi is a 1 or a 0) so to be realistic about it was a huge waste of cycles. But, the race was alot of fun.

Bender10
04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Note to self:
The Tanpaku scores on Free-DC are still a day? behind I believe. So todays scores are posted tomorrow, and yesterdays scores will be posted today, and tomorrows scores will be posted next Tuesday......:eusa_wall:

Beerknurd
04-02-2007, 09:26 PM
It updates @ 4:00am Central time everyday... :(

Bender10
04-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I knew that, really, it's not like i was goofing off or just not paying attention or aimlessly smurfing the interweb looking for who know's what and not finding it but just sucking up bandwidth and maybe if i look over here na... but i did find a great deal on a vacuum cleaner....:rolleyes:

Accs
04-03-2007, 03:24 AM
I've seen a little talk from the Dingleberries about comming to Tanpaku. This is an on going project with no end in sight. What I suggect is that if they are silly enough to follow us here that we direct the strike force back to PI Segment with a vengence. I mean an all out balls to the wall assualt and for as long as it takes to end that project. I see us pull in every favor owed to any of us in the DC community and and everyone we know that has a computer.That's a LOT of effort to go through, just to LOSE :icon_razz: You may not have noticed, but our production continues to increase, with a current time-to-overtake of ~3 days. That'll be another ~300 points in the DC-Vault, probably before the end of the week.
We left PI because the objective of that project had been met. The project was an advertisement for the Chinese people. There was no scientific value in it, (who cares if the 2 quadrillionth bit of Pi is a 1 or a 0) so to be realistic about it was a huge waste of cycles. But, the race was alot of fun.On this, I COMPLETELY agree. That project was selected for it's political neutrality, and for the fact that it's not something that's being actively worked elsewhere (there SURE seem to be a lot of Protein and Prime projects about). It was also something with a specific end-point (now with plans of moving that end-point). Because of this, it almost HAD to be scientificly worthless.

BTW, I don't expect that any significant number of Ars people will follow you here. You should be safe from us ... for a while :)

gatekeeper53
04-03-2007, 04:05 AM
ACCS,
I don't think it would be too much effort. Since I teach at the University of Illinois I think I could come up with a substantial farm if I really wanted to ask around. If you cruise some of the info on the school you might notice that there are a few computers sitting around and if you know anything about accademia you will realize that around a school everything is political and most people are owed favors if they just want to call them in. In my opinion this would be worth it. I recall reading somewhere that there are in excess of 7,500 pc's just in the home work labs here. I just have to think some of my students that do work study in those labs wouldn't mind doing a little "extra credit" for a grade bump. Isn't tenure great.

mitchellds
04-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Man, the credit returned is lame now in this project.

Bender10
04-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey New Tanpaku(ers)!!

PcManiac
Team Aqua
spjeff69

Thanks for helping out!!

moderna
04-03-2007, 09:52 PM
We are back on top of the Tanpaku project!!!! Yea!

A million points would be nice. :icon_wink: 400K did not last very long although we did regain our position within a few days. Team Sci-Fi seems to have backed off about the same time as we did and it will be interesting to see if they return.

Bender10, if you ever want to move on and lead another project I will be happy to take this one. I expect I will stay here awhile.

Bender10
04-04-2007, 04:01 PM
If there is anyone around that could put 1 box on this project for a week (5 days) that would be Great!! Or just running it along side another BOINC project would help.

Thanks,
Bender

Bender10
04-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Hello Moderna,

I'm not bailing or anything. Do you still want Tanpaku? I'm still looking for my niche.

I'm going to crunch this for awhile, but if you would like the Lead...

And if you need a couple of cpu's let me know...

Beerknurd
04-05-2007, 12:50 AM
I would take the lead as well on this project if needed.

Bender10
04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

If you haven't been to the Tankapu website in a while, check this message posted by one of our members (lagu):

http://amdusers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45090&postcount=20

If you are looking for a project to run during the shutdown, post a question. We have a few boinc projs that could use a few extra cycles. Try not to get caught with unfinished wu's. I'm running right up to the shutdown, almost...:)

Bender

mitchellds
04-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I cant upload completed wu's

mitchellds
04-06-2007, 11:55 PM
its working again now.