PDA

View Full Version : How about a Team Rally?

BC
07-18-2004, 11:24 PM
May I make a request? (ummm,, guess I am about to... :lol:)

It also seems that we, of those who post frequently, are more and more
disenchanted with D2OL and other projects.

There are some 113 users on team 'Francophone'.

May I suggest / request that we do a 10 day or so (Just long enough to beat them) rally?

I understand the need to complete prior obligations and empty queues, etc....

But what do you all say???? May I ask for a vote or should our Admins handle this (If so, please forgive my bounds overstepping and please do assume command).

Thanks,
BC

WienerDog
07-18-2004, 11:31 PM
revved up and ready to go :2gunfire:

BC
07-19-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm definately ready !!!!

I took Chaz's advice on how to adjust.... I posted 55 WUs in a 24 hour
period. The breakdown is 43 from my AMD, and 12 from my (hiding in shame..) 'stand in' Intel until my 3200+ is back up & running.

I have 5 WUs here ready to post and 2 in the oven.

Cant wait to see what happens with both AMDs up and kicking.

Chuck

PS: Chaz, how did you get remote rpc working... I am not having ANY results. Did you put it in the registry???

My registry has under .../Services/BOINC :
"ImagePath" G:\Predictor\boinc_cli.exe -win_service -allow_remote_gui_rpc

em99010pepe
07-19-2004, 07:27 AM
Let me :-k and :scratch:

OK. Lets :signrandr: .

:hathat1:

Ototero
07-19-2004, 09:24 AM
I can move 3 machines over. Lets go and kick some :pottytrain2:

BC
07-19-2004, 09:33 AM
I just noticed that Skuzz brought along a WHOLE BUNCH of points.

Thank you! :hello1:

BC

vaughan
07-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Way to go team. Lets boogie.

BC
07-19-2004, 10:19 AM
I just knocked 30 seconds per WU of my runtime... NO overclocking.

Are the fewer credits worth more WUs?

Who's a wiz at the math? I'm currently running an avg of 23-24min/WU.
CPU benchmarks at 3GFlop and 6GMip w/ 41 process (400 or so threads).

The credit drop was from 4.82 to 4.72 on a normally 15:15 min WU
(finished in 14:47) that was estimated at 33 at download.
(Yes, my memory is that much faster than the 1G hard-coded #.)
This has happened for the past several WUs... it's consistent.

Advice please?

Chuck

em99010pepe
07-19-2004, 10:38 AM
BC,

Is that computer dedicated to Preditor?

With a 1,1Ghz one unit is estimated to finished in 2:39:49.
(Measured floating point speed 1042.86 million ops/sec
Measured integer speed 1383.79 million ops/sec)

Can you tell me the exact numbers for your machine at MF and MI?

BC
07-19-2004, 10:48 AM
BC,

Is that computer dedicated to Preditor?

With a 1,1Ghz one unit is estimated to finished in 2:39:49.
(Measured floating point speed 1042.86 million ops/sec
Measured integer speed 1383.79 million ops/sec)

Can you tell me the exact numbers for your machine at MF and MI?

At the 'break-in' speed I told you about, this is what it is running at.
The BIOS is running 'default' for all parameters as I was instructed.

The benchmarks do fluctuate a bit based on machine activity. I am also running dual 19" flatscreen monitors (1280x1024x32) which also draws
on memory and cuts down performance. I have the screen saver set to
go black at 4 min, power off at 5 min.

-- This is a typical benchmark --
Memory 1023.3 MB
Cache 976.56 KB
Swap space 4096 MB
Total disk space 46.59 GB
Free Disk Space 32.22 GB
Measured floating point speed 2983.68 million ops/sec
Measured integer speed 6099.08 million ops/sec
Measured memory bandwidth 953.67 MB/sec (that damn locked #)
Average upload rate 0.78 KB/sec
Average download rate 230.17 KB/sec

*EDIT* : This is 32 bit mode, not 64 *END EDIT*

Chuck

BC
07-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Pepe,

My 'toughest' Mfolds complete in approx 44 minutes, most are 37 min.
The 'downloaded' estimate is 1:51:43.13

Does this help?

Chuck

em99010pepe
07-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Turn off the screen saver.

If you divide 2983.68/1042.86 you will get 2.86. This means that your computer is 2.86x faster than mine. So you should process a wu in 55min but in your case you process one in 24 min.

If you divide 6099.08/1383.79 you will get 4.41. This means that your computer is 4.41x faster than mine. So you should process a wu in 36min but in your case you process one in 24 min.

With this few calculations i can tell you that credits system is not linear to speed processing. Probably depends on memory speed, etc.

BC
07-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Re: Screen Saver:

I have it turn off the whole video card.... it goes into power save and
shutdown down the video entirely. Isn't that the right thing to do?

My processor now feeds the AGP directly... The Northbridge isn't involved
anymore. I *thought* turning off the video was best. If it's not, what
is the best?

Re Perf: Credits are linear to performance, but memory speed is part of that and I don't have a valid memory speed to give you. I just know the
memory on this thing is fast as hell!

The only memory benchmarks I have are 'FreshDiagnose' and Crystal.

-- Fresh reports:
Integer = 28,287
Real = 29,157
Split Integer = 63,847
Split Real = 85,576

-- Crystal reports: (32 bit mode also)
Rd = 2100.54 MB/sec
Wr = 1430.73 MB/sec
RW = 1407.51 MB/sec
Cache = 17107.58 MB/sec

Cache latency = 134 clocks, worse case load (largest block and row sizes)

NOTE: This is ECC REGISTERED memory... it's CL2, but has CL3 characteristics beause of the extra clock cycle for the buffer chip.

Does that help a bit more?

chaz
07-19-2004, 11:56 AM
PS: Chaz, how did you get remote rpc working... I am not having ANY results. Did you put it in the registry???

No I dont use services, i added that switch to a shortcut I created to the boinc cli. i wish I could post pics, I'd put up a screenshot for you.
Just make a shortcut to thc cli, and put this in the "Target Line" G:\Predictor\boinc_cli.exe -allow_remote_gui_rpc
all done, but you wont have a service like you want

BC
07-19-2004, 12:05 PM

No I dont use services, i added that switch to a shortcut I created to the boinc cli. i wish I could post pics, I'd put up a screenshot for you.
Just make a shortcut to thc cli, and put this in the "Target Line" G:\Predictor\boinc_cli.exe -allow_remote_gui_rpc
all done, but you wont have a service like you want

Thank you Chaz,
That answers what I was afraid of.... Boinc_CLI can only handle 1
command line argument. That is what the rumored bug was.

I'm using boincview (from germany) in file mode to watch the XML files) and run a service until 4.00 BOINC is out next week or so...

With 4.00 out... it will always be a service and the GUI will be detached properly....

I discussed this whole thing (GUI, CLI and service) with the team lead a few months ago.... it's about to finish being tested and will be released.

I will ask today when to expect it... then we all benefit.

Chuck

em99010pepe
07-19-2004, 12:18 PM
BC,

how do you know that credits are linear to performance? Do you have the source code?

By performance you mean cpu speed, memory speed, etc..

bwhite
07-20-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm off and running already :D Go Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC
07-20-2004, 04:01 AM
I'm off and running already :D Go Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off and running????????????????????????????????

I didn't say "Warp 9" !!!!!!! :lol:

I'm still aligning my warp coil ... sheesh!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

em99010pepe
07-20-2004, 11:27 AM
I found a bug in BOINC. If you shutdown the computer by turning off the electricity then all your work will vanish. Everything.

BC
07-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I found a bug in BOINC. If you shutdown the computer by turning off the electricity then all your work will vanish. Everything.

WOW..... guess that is solid enough proof of my theory that I suggested to BOINC Dev.

I am sorry you lost your work... queued and unposted.

Have you been able to reattach ok?

em99010pepe
07-20-2004, 11:39 AM
WOW..... guess that is solid enough proof of my theory that I suggested to BOINC Dev.

I had a backup of BOINC folder so i restarted all over again. I only lost 4 hours of crushing in my 2200+ :cry: :cry:

BC
07-20-2004, 12:16 PM

I had a backup of BOINC folder so i restarted all over again. I only lost 4 hours of crushing in my 2200+ :cry: :cry:

On behalf of the ENTIRE staff (most of which do not understand these types of issues)... I apologize.

I just completed writing a PRIORITY 1 BUG FIX REQUEST, complete with
suggested code changes to do it. I am addressing it as swiftly as I can. If I get no reply by tomorrow, I will send it to BOINC Dev directly.. but I must observe protocol first.

I will post the reply when I get it and a BOINC reply with it.

Chuck

Beerknurd
07-20-2004, 01:50 PM
How often does predictor send results back to the server. I woke up this morning and I had about 9 completed. If you goto the main screen on the predictor gui and hit update, is that the manual way to upload results? Do I have to do that or will it do it automatically. I know in D2OL you had to do that if you wanted more than 4 updates a day. Just wondering.

BC
07-20-2004, 01:59 PM
How often does predictor send results back to the server. I woke up this morning and I had about 9 completed. If you goto the main screen on the predictor gui and hit update, is that the manual way to upload results? Do I have to do that or will it do it automatically. I know in D2OL you had to do that if you wanted more than 4 updates a day. Just wondering.

it will auto-update when you reach the 'min' value specified in your general settings.... just like D2OL....

right now there is a shortage of work for all platforms... a network or DB issue... She's working on it right now.

If you want more frequent updates... remember that '.1' days = 2.4 hours.
so min = .3 and max = .4 gives you a 6-8 hour constant buffer.

Beerknurd
07-20-2004, 02:04 PM
I have it set for 1 time aevery 60 seconds,or wait what is the 60 second thing mean? I think that was the default. Should I change that to higher?? By choosing update, does that do it manually?? Predictor must on the same platform as D2OL. P4's don't do very well on this project. Does that seem like a valid statement? Can you run more than 1 instance?

WienerDog
07-20-2004, 07:55 PM
the 60 thing your talking about is the write to disc time Beerknurd....try setting it to atleast 120. Some are setting it even higher and seem to get better results.
I dont think P4's do too bad at predictor...i dont have one so i cant tell.
you can look at my personal page and see how yours bench marks compared to my stuff.....fastest ive got tho is a 2800 running at 2.25

bwhite
07-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Any ideas when Predictor might be back???? I'm going out of town soon so need to switch projects if not back up soon. I'm below the "low water mark" on all my computers.

BC
07-21-2004, 01:47 AM
Any ideas when Predictor might be back???? I'm going out of town soon so need to switch projects if not back up soon. I'm below the "low water mark" on all my computers.

I HAVE been given the status.

Bottom line...

1) we sucked out all the work.
2) downloaded/uploaded faster than their net could keep up.
3) were trying to pull new WUs out of the splitter before they were ready
(forcing it to go into page/swap downward spiral) (CGI overload)
4) CGI overload forced page/swap overload (ran out of memory).

Status ---

1) *SUSPECT* reallocation / load-balance in process
2) *SUSPECT* IT department adding more memory & disk as req'd.
3) *SUSPECT* the master 'clustered node' is being re-allocated tasks.
4) *SUSPECT* DNS changes and maybe a router being added.

I expect it will be back online later tonight PST or early AM PST tomorrow. It all depends on how fast the list of tasks is completed.... and I think the database is given a chance to catch up with the backload we hit it with.

I also suspect that WUs are being allowed to build up to satisfy our thirst for WUs because (we *NASTY* AMD users :lol:) chew up so much data!!!!!

BC

Beerknurd
07-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Oops, I downloaded like 5 days worth last night. It was an accident. Damn NEWBIE--->http://forum.moacsupreme.co.uk/images/smilies/slap.gif

Sorry, if it turns out to be my fault.

bwhite
07-21-2004, 01:59 AM
"Predictor@home - 2004-07-20 21:51:56 - Message from server: No work available (there was work but it was committed to other platforms"
:?: :?:

I say give AMD Users the work!!! Forget the other platforms!!!!! It's hard to keep a team rally going with no work to do. :!: :!: :!:

bwhite
07-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Oops, I downloaded like 5 days worth last night. It was an accident. Damn NEWBIE--->http://forum.moacsupreme.co.uk/images/smilies/slap.gif

Sorry, if it turns out to be my fault.

I don't see how it could be any one persons fault. Guess they (Predictor) didn't see AMD Users rally coming and were not ready for our enthusiasm.

Beerknurd
07-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Could be.... WE RULE!!!!!

BC
07-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Could be.... WE RULE!!!!!

I was uploading / working on a few things as it went down.

We, as a team (no names mentioned)... did a major upload and download request at nearly the same time (self included).

I think we hit it with several hundred all at once. I saw the download rate die after that... and it crashed got page/swap/memory deprived all at once. The rest is history.

If we are not responsible, we definately pushed it over the edge

my 'stand in' p4 just started it's last WU.... My AMD (thanks to my fast line and proximity) got about a day's work.... so I am continuing to process... but no new work coming down yet.

I am running in GUI mode for now

I will advise as I learn more.

I will ask that more AMD WUs are created... the Intel/AMD settings now are based on a hard number... I'll see if it can be changed.

BC

Ototero
07-21-2004, 07:20 AM
I've got 5 machines all dried up :-(

I think I'll login remotely to them and switch them over to something else until Predictor gets re-animated.

I'll keep watch on the boards for signs of life.

It's 8am here..... BC, it must be stupid o'clock in morning there :shock:

BC
07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
I've got 5 machines all dried up :-(

I think I'll login remotely to them and switch them over to something else until Predictor gets re-animated.

I'll keep watch on the boards for signs of life.

It's 8am here..... BC, it must be stupid o'clock in morning there :shock:

No, it's only 12:49am.... "Stupid o'clock" starts on Friday and ends Monday, or was it the other way around? DUH! :lol:

It is strange here... standard dinner time is from 7-9pm. But, this is also Lost-in-the-fog Angeles!!!!

Back east (Pa)... Dinner is at 5:30 or so... 6 at the latest.

The cultures are 180 degrees opposite. East is Purtian, West is 'loose'.

I enjoy many aspects of california, but miss the 'methodical' thinking of the east coast.

Predictor: I am down to only 1 machine running Predictor now... and it has about 3-4 hours work... that's it. The WU database should be up and running again by 8am PST... probably sooner if I know our PM....

This is one VERY dedicated staff.... I like the way they handle things.
They are up front about issues; quick to fix; and good at responding to questions / problems.

*** When I spot work available, I will make the announcement immediately ******

BC

nickth
07-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Bc

What happening with Predictor at the moment i'm only getting a few hours worth but i'm requesting four days worth of work. and then there are long gaps when no work is avaible.

the good news is i've 700 points in pending. carn't wait to get those :D

BC
07-21-2004, 08:26 PM
I am working on the Apache code..

We have isolated the problem to a specific Unix/Linux system call
that is different on Seti (BSD) and Redhad (SysV).

I am working on writing code for the correction now.

Once done, we will be back up.

The problem is simple.... Apache creates sub-process CGI... CGI creates the handlers for our work... program CGI is not correctly handling the normal exit of the handlers. This is what I am fixing.
(note: program 'cgi' that Seti & Predictor use is NOT the 'stock' Apache version. This is the root of the evil)

*** I *WILL* fix it today and we will be running again.

BC

nickth
07-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Thats great news that the problem has been found :D

Its really intresting to find that this program is better suited to the AMD prossesor that Intel.

Which means next month i'll be upgarding both my 2400+ and 2600+ to the 3200+ :D

BC
07-21-2004, 08:56 PM
it means by next month, we will be on top of the team list. :)

ROFLMAO..

Now, back to work for me.

FYI: For Laughs... DUAL Xeons could not keep up with our upload rate on redhat... LOL...

I'll work on the OS level next and MAYBE see about a hardware change. :)

(Dual Opterons?????)

BC

Beerknurd
07-22-2004, 01:27 AM
No offense BC, but Predictor is not stable. It seems to be down more than it's up. But I know your doing your best to get it up. I'm just being an ass.

em99010pepe
07-22-2004, 06:07 AM
No offense BC, but Predictor is not stable. It seems to be down more than it's up. But I know your doing your best to get it up. I'm just being an ass.

Predictor@home is in alpha-test phase. Please consider that we are still fixing minor (and sometimes major) problems and therefore some results might be deleted and some credits reset at any time.

BC
07-22-2004, 06:46 AM
To ALL: (includin those who are not in the main loop)

Current status: (Please excuse the tired, cranky nature of this post)

-- Item 1 --
BOINC was written on the Solaris operating system. Anyone who has done multi-process ( fork() ) programming and 'signal()' processing knows that Linux and Solaris are different because one is BSD based and one is System V based. This is the fundamental issue because BOINC DEV admits that they did NOT code for anything OTHER than Solaris.

--- Item 2 ---
I just re-wrote most of the work unit generators Mfold and Charms. I did it in about 2 1/2 hours. They are both running stable and are completely reloading the database at this time.

The work unit queue was completely empty. It will run overnight. It can now generate 3600 WUs/hour compared with approx 250/hr before.

I did this, tested it, and ran tests on the test server at Predictor all in 2.5 hours.

The WU generators will now run overnight and build up a supply of WUs to give to start handing out. The decision was made, mostly by *MY* vote, that the WU generation be given top priority. There should be enough work units built up by morning for all 100,000 computers attached to the project... YES, 100,000+

--- Item 3 ---
I am going to continue working as long as I can tonight (and am willing to accept the help of anyone who understand 'child process termination' in C, Python, Perl, and or PHP (C & PHP preferred) to edit ***EVERY SINGLE FILE ** and get the signal handling code written and tested for System V operation. SETI/BOINC let us down. PERIOD.

--- Item 4 ---
The system will return tomorrow morning. You will be able to download & upload work and view the basic web page, but all statistics display will be disabled (the 'CGI' modules) until they are fixed individuallly.

--- Item 5 ---
Tomorrow, A Solaris machine will be setup and at some point, the web / cgi side will be moved to the Sun box. The workhorse machine (which works fine and is actually running right now) is going to be offloaded of its web duties. This, plus the 4 GB of memory now present, will allow it to keep our hungry AMD machines (Yes, the stats do confirm a 9x increase in AMD WU traffic) fed.

--- Item 6 ---
All new WUs will have a quorum of 3, not 2.. This will prevent unfair low-ball scores from screwing anyone up. The credit granted will be the mean value. This is also the farest way to give benefit to slow machines and to fast machines. This is being done in conjunction with the pairing / grouping of machines more tightly based on benchmarks. You will see WU's start being handed out to machines of equal performance. This gives EVERYONE a fair chance at getting a decent score for donating their CPU time.

The logic is this: If you donate 100% of a CPU that asks for 45 credits, you should get it (or what the group quorum of similar machines agree on). If you donate 100% of a CPU that asks for 20 credits, you should get it (or what the group quorum of similar machines agree on).

The "Seti" technique / method is going to be discarded. Your credit will be based on "Percentage of CPU time donated".. period.

--- Item 7 ---
Thursday (PST), the web server will be rehosted (and switched over transparently). You will know the web server switch has been completed because stats are going to be available again.

--- Item 8 ---
I am going to to continue re-writing (with assistance from anyone willing to help), as much code as possible to be platform independent.

I am going to make one of my machines available to Predictor as the AMD WU Generator. This will hurt my stats, but help the rest of the project overall until 2 more machines can be setup.

Predictor is now going to Beta phase.

---- Item last ---
Anyone with suggestions may email me directly, (I prefer candor and prefer it in private). I welcome *ALL* comments, suggestions, and offers of help.

PM me if you can't get my real email address. If you do write me direct, please put ' AMDUSERS as the first word of the subject so I know to give it top priority reading.

Thanks,
Chuck

Ototero
07-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Excellent work BC, While you're mucking about with the code, how about a patch to treble points for team amduser :D :D :D :D :D

Let today be Big Crunch Day

BC
07-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Excellent work BC, While you're mucking about with the code, how about a patch to treble points for amduser teams :D :D :D :D :D

Let today be Big Crunch Day [/i]

Ototero,
To be candid, it was the load that we, and the 'other big hitters' put on the machines that pushed them over the edge.

The same architectural failure that hit Seti hit Predictor. ... We will be victorious.

The PM is the scientist and ensuring data is validated. The Web guy is DONATING his Sun box for the web service until the new machine arrives. The ONLY real difference is that I am coding/architecting now (instead of Seti/boinc doing 100% of it) and writing/re-writing OS level code

Last, but by far least, the participation and patience of all participants is GREATLY appreciated.

Predictor MUST be ready for the July 26 CASP presentation if it and D2OL are to continue. We have LOTS of work to do... so pass the word.

ANd yes, I did forget to post the personal thanks of the PM and Science Department head for the effort and results obtained in this amount of time by the contibuting members of Predictor. We got lots of 'kudos' for helping a) producing the results we did b) find this error and c) fix it a LOT fast and better than Seti.

em99010pepe
07-22-2004, 10:51 AM
--- Item 2 ---
The work unit queue was completely empty. It will run overnight. It can now generate 3600 WUs/hour compared with approx 250/hr before.

That's a great improvement!

--- Item 3 ---
I am going to continue working as long as I can tonight (and am willing to accept the help of anyone who understand 'child process termination' in C, Python, Perl, and or PHP (C & PHP preferred) to edit ***EVERY SINGLE FILE ** and get the signal handling code written and tested for System V operation. SETI/BOINC let us down. PERIOD.

Can't help you here. I only know a few languages like visual basic, fortran, CNC, autolisp.

--- Item 5 ---
Tomorrow, A Solaris machine will be setup and at some point, the web / cgi side will be moved to the Sun box. The workhorse machine (which works fine and is actually running right now) is going to be offloaded of its web duties. This, plus the 4 GB of memory now present, will allow it to keep our hungry AMD machines (Yes, the stats do confirm a 9x increase in AMD WU traffic) fed.

Could you send an email to those guys running AMD processors to see if they want to join us!

--- Item 6 ---
All new WUs will have a quorum of 3, not 2.. This will prevent unfair low-ball scores from screwing anyone up. The credit granted will be the mean value. This is also the farest way to give benefit to slow machines and to fast machines. This is being done in conjunction with the pairing / grouping of machines more tightly based on benchmarks. You will see WU's start being handed out to machines of equal performance. This gives EVERYONE a fair chance at getting a decent score for donating their CPU time.

The logic is this: If you donate 100% of a CPU that asks for 45 credits, you should get it (or what the group quorum of similar machines agree on). If you donate 100% of a CPU that asks for 20 credits, you should get it (or what the group quorum of similar machines agree on).

It would be fair if the system score was related to time giving to process not by number of processed wu's. That's my opinion. I have a slow machine and i'm always losing to fast ones although sometimes i have more processing times.

AMDave
07-22-2004, 10:54 AM
BC,

thanks for your "Howdy" couple of days back.
Bit difficult to assist from Oz via a modem - too infrequently connected
(a friend donated a new 56Kbps Winmodem to my effort BTW) .

But I would like to add a thought to the Teaam melting pot...

Think about it guys...Isn't it great to be part of a team that sets out to exceed expectations...and succeeds !
:D

Have ramped back up on D2OL until things clear up.

If you are back on SysV, (don't know your CPU count, h/w etc.) remember to optimise the parallel process count to maximize the process completion rate. Yes I have created wonderful bottlenecks before :-(

Best I can offer right now is - make sure there's a Coke / Coffee machine inside 50 metres and a pillow under your desk ! Oh ... and biscuits ... 'coz you can leave them on your desk and get back to them later ;)

The sun will still be shining tomorrow.

Beerknurd
07-22-2004, 11:17 AM
BC,

Pls forgive my last post. I feel that it was a little harsh. I know that you are working very hard. Keep up the good work.

Jason

BC
07-22-2004, 12:25 PM
It would be fair if the system score was related to time giving to process not by number of processed wu's. That's my opinion. I have a slow machine and i'm always losing to fast ones although sometimes i have more processing times.

Please allow me to ammend that comment.. it's not quite worded right.

Faster machines will CLAIM less credit for the same WU as a slower machine because of the ratio of the standard_computer/benchmark *IF* both spend 100%. This is because the 'elapsed time' is also taken into the equation.

The actual equation is closer to:
Complexity_Factor * (standard_computer / ('cpu time'/'elapsed time') )

This basically says... give all your time to a difficult WU and get the most credit... Notice that 'cpu_time/elapsed_time' is the key. The next factor is the 'standard computer'.. and finally the 'complexity....

I will post the equation after I'm all done with getting things working and we can work it out as a group... because it *DOES* need fixing.

For now, Good night my friends....

I have fixed enough code for one night... it's 5:24am and I must be at work on time (mid-day shift.... 12pm - 8pm). The morning team arrived already at 4am.... (we are in sync with east coast right now..that's why).

Cheers all,
BC.

BC
07-22-2004, 12:28 PM
BC,

Pls forgive my last post. I feel that it was a little harsh. I know that you are working very hard. Keep up the good work.

Jason

Jason,

WHAT post???? I didn't see any :lol:

Chuck

em99010pepe
07-22-2004, 02:50 PM
BC,

What you are saying to me is this:

If you have two computers, one computer A 2x faster than computer B, the credit score given will be the same at the end of a day.

Pepe

Anonymous
07-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Pepe,
that is very close.... and assuming all the WU's have the same complexity AND take exactly the same amount of CPU time and resources to process.

Beerknurd
07-23-2004, 03:41 AM
BC,

Any news regarding Predictor. Do we have a timeframe before it will be operational? I'm ready to start crunching!!!!!! I'm running Ubero until then. I have to catch Ototero!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC
07-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Time to RALLY... we can get up ahead of at least 1 team before
they wake up..

We need everyone to get back on Predictor who was on before,

AND WE NEED CHAZ, BWHITE, and WEINER NOW!!! :)

There is another O'clocker group gaining on us fast!!!!!!

BC

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:14 AM
What's up with all the pending credit. When does that get applied???

BC
07-25-2004, 01:20 AM
PEnding is getting applied when all results are back...

For those where all 3 are back.... Michela is working on it....

Those jobs were about to be scanned & credited when it crashed 3 days ago. They will get credited Asap.

It takes some hand SQL to do it... she's working now... because she needs them to show 'complete' in order to extract the data.

How many points pending do you have?

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok cool. I was just wondering. Can we get new projects??? When I hit update it doesn't do anything.

WienerDog
07-25-2004, 01:23 AM
ive got 1433 pending......that would do wonders about now :lol:

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:25 AM
What about getting new projects???

BC
07-25-2004, 01:27 AM
I've got 1120 as well....

I sent another email... told her reports are coming in from multiple users...

seems the validator / credit granting scan is not occurring.

I am sure she will fix it.

WienerDog
07-25-2004, 01:29 AM
uhm...what exactly do you mean by new projects,Beer?

WienerDog
07-25-2004, 01:30 AM
yaaaaaa im not a newbie anymore :n00b:

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:54 AM
LOL, I just hit Member status. Your next goal is 150 posts.

BC
07-25-2004, 02:39 AM
if you have any 25 July due jobs... dump them... you get zero credit.

we are losing credit.... others have already figured this out....

now it's up to us... purge all old crap and start fresh... otherwise we will fall behind and never catch up

RESET the project... dump the old and let some other dumby deal with it.