PDA

View Full Version : First Time for Everything...

Keith75
07-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Well, ever since I was a little kid I have been upgrading and messing around with computers and until this weekend never had a problem. Then this weekend I bought a Zalman VGA cooler for my 9800 Pro and after installing it I had lines and strange things happening in games. After quite some time trying to fix it I put back the original cooler only to find it was the same way. Somehow I must have done something to the card without realizing it. I always ground myself and being the middle of summer it is pretty humid here anyway. The good thing is that ATI seems alot nicer to deal with than nVidia. I tried getting a card fixed through them and it took days to even get an RMA #. ATI had me one in less than 12 hours and I was able to get it by emailing them. I am going to go ahead and make the plunge now and get an X800 Pro to hold me over until mine gets fixed then sell my 9800 Pro I guess to my little brother or whoever. :cool:

Ototero
07-22-2004, 06:33 PM
As this is the hardware forum, let me tell everyone that I'm going offline to install a new cpu cooler.

With all the advice given here, I should be able to knock 20C off my temperature. 70C down to 50C.

If all goes well, I'll be back.

Funny, I've heard that expression before......

Stu

em99010pepe
07-22-2004, 09:20 PM
As this is the hardware forum, let me tell everyone that I'm going offline to install a new cpu cooler.

I assume everything went well.

Beerknurd
07-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Stu,

How did it go???