PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3

Keith75
07-23-2004, 06:00 AM
Not sure if anyone else on here is about to drool over the release of Doom 3 but I sure am. LOL

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

This is the link to benchmarks of the final version of the game running on a bunch of high end systems, 4 Gig. of RAM. :shock:

AMDave
07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
It has been found that exessive drool is detrimental to the normal operation of the standard computer keyboard. It is recommended that the specifications of new games are perused from a seated position approximately 50cm away from the console, thereby maintaining the limitations of any warranties.... ;)

Ya. Read it. Looks extremely cool. Worthy of Drool ! Would have to sell all three of my PCs to get 1 new PC capable of playing it. I do recall 2 to 3 day non-stop sessions of multiplayer Doom 2 a few years ago and feeling like one of the undead for a week or so afterwards. Are we ready to do it again ?

--Dave--

jlangner
08-03-2004, 03:10 AM
Woohoo 2 more days!!!!!!

em99010pepe
08-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Woohoo 2 more days!!!!!!

The game is rolling in P2P network!

jlangner
08-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Yep - I noticed that. I'll avoid that route though. lol.

1 more day!!

Now if only I had a Geforce 6800 Ultra! and $500.00 lol

Keith75
08-03-2004, 06:50 PM
I will have to admit that I downloaded it this weekend from one of thoe sites. It worked and it is awesome but i am still going to buy it. I figure after such amazing work they deserve the revenue. I just didn't want to wait. LOL

jlangner
08-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Got it last night! Awesome to say the least. By the way as we all knew, AMD dominates the game!!

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2149&p=7

Beerknurd
08-05-2004, 12:06 AM
I played Doom a few years ago. It was pretty fun. I have never been much of a gamer. I got into Everquest a few years back.... I used to call in sick to work to play it. My wife put a stop to that real quick. I promised her I wouldn't play it anymore. She kind of raised her eyebrow to me running DC projects. But I told her that it does it by itself and that I don't have to stay home... It still annoy's her and she doesn't get why it's soo much fun. But at least she let's me run DC stuff. She better.... I don't get to watch sport's anymore...... :-(