PDA

View Full Version : Strike Poll 1

AMD-USR_JL
04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Since no one else said anything, i guess you guys are ok with mine and Bender's plan.
If you have not heard about our plan yet, it's in this thread (http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4025)

I voted for BOINC, because to me it looks like it is possible to get a no 1 spot in a project there.

AMDave
04-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Although I am a traditional "classic" project supporter I voted BOINC because it is the more common platform these days and that opens the door to a larger part of our DC community. (Besides...Boinc sounds funny LOL)

PS -
I like the way you laid out the decision process.
Planning is one thing, but effectively relaying your plan to others brings success :)
Good job.

Steve Lux
04-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm not interested in limiting my options. That said I usually crunch BOINC projects.

NeoGen
04-12-2007, 03:42 PM
I like both boinc and non-boinc, and hate having to choose one of them, but I guess boinc is always a little better... so it got my vote :)

Beerknurd
04-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I voted Boinc!!!

Ototero
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Obviously I voted non-boink :rolleyes::)

Bender10
04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Maybe we should alternate?

Lagu
04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
I voted non-Boinc but I knew I´m in non majority. I think our members is used with Boinc and not used running project whish often is better and are more fair when it comes to points. It is difficult cheat in project as have their own Client. All earn the same points and there is no quaroum (wrong spelled?) :icon_wink:

Bender10
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
BOINC may be a good place to start. A (more) common platform that is easy to run projs from. This would help kick this off, if we can make it easy to switch to another proj....non-boinc next time maybe.

BlackAdder
04-13-2007, 01:23 AM
I voted non-Boinc...I like F@H GPU and that is definitely not Boinc....... :)

gamer007
04-13-2007, 01:56 AM
I chose BOINC. I've been with it since the beginning [and even when they first announced it on the old SETI site]. :icon_lol: I think it's a good platform and will continue to grow.

Right now I'm cycling between Primegrid and NanoHive for work.

Bender10
04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
How long do we let this poll run before going to phase 2 (project selection)? I have already seen some good suggestions for the list.

NanoHive:

BOINCSenergy has already started their POTM for May & the NanoHive Project is way ahead right now so it will probably win. But the Project is supposed to start winding down for awhile in the next 4-6 weeks or I guess until all the remaining WU's are run out. So BSenergy may not have enough time to catch us, but that remains to be seen I guess.

This is Fair warning, if you want to hold on to the #1 Spot @ the Project now is the Time to be running it, if the WU's can be run down far enough before BSenergy starts running it heavy there won't be enough left for them to do to much damage ... IMO

Proteins: take back 3rd, and run up a +100k lead...

Any other project suggestions?