PDA

View Full Version : DUMP ANY PRE JULY 25 JOBS.....

BC
07-25-2004, 02:38 AM
if you have any 25 July due jobs... dump them... you get zero credit.

we are losing credit.... others have already figured this out....

now it's up to us... purge all old crap and start fresh... otherwise we will fall behind and never catch up

Ototero
07-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Thankfully I don't have any July completion dates.

But I did get this msg:-

Message from server: No work available (daily quota exceeded)

Anyone got any ideas?

On a positive note, I have 787 credits pending.

BC
07-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Thankfully I don't have any July completion dates.

But I did get this msg:-

Message from server: No work available (daily quota exceeded)

Anyone got any ideas?

On a positive note, I have 787 credits pending.

Doing GREAT!!!!!

As for the daily quota... you are allowed 50 units / day... just sit tight... it's 50 / 24 hour period... not per calendar day.

That will be upped to 80 or 100 as the server gets going....

FYI: I just got my hosts straight... but I lost 500+ points before I knew what was wrong... they are floating in the database somewhere.... I will have to get P@H DBA to go find them for me.

vaughan
07-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Dump jobs: How?
I got a task that said "unrecoverable error"

BC
07-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Dump jobs: How?
I got a task that said "unrecoverable error"

The errors are because a) charmms and mfold got hosed (error -1 or -136).... b) my computer got hosed (there are two of me in there and 1 is inaccessible)..... c) anything due now by the 26th can't be done in time

so.........

project tab...

right mouse click on predictor..... 'RESET'.... and confirm

now, you only get 50 downloads / 24 hours / host so be carefull.

***IF ANYONE GETS MORE THAN A FEW ERRORS (CAN't START) THEN STOP IT AND GET TO ME... OR GO CLEAN OUT THE PREDICTOR\ SLOT \ 0 DIRECTORY... THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

SLOT/0 HAS A LOCK FILE.

THEN RESTART PREDICTOR (SAME PROBLEM WITH SETI TOO)

Chuck

BC
07-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Finally,
with a bad host name in the database and lost credits out the @$@#%..... I am back gaining ground again..... Sorry guys,, I'll make up for it pronto. Tomorrow I will get the DBA to move ALL of the hostnames that match to my current one... that will fix it.

How are you all doing??? all normal except for that first startup batch being bad??

BC

(me thinks 40 hours days might efffffffectttt the mindddddd ) :)

AMDave
07-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Rockin' along.
Looks like I missed out on about 20 Wu's in the bounce from my 2Ghz Celerwrong. No big deal 'coz at least now we are crunching again.
What is alpha if not the pointy end of the stick, eh ?

:lol: -- Dave --

BC
07-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Rockin' along.
Looks like I missed out on about 20 Wu's in the bounce from my 2Ghz Celerwrong. No big deal 'coz at least now we are crunching again.
What is alpha if not the pointy end of the stick, eh ?

:lol: -- Dave --

done worry about losing those early wu's.. most were expired anywway.
we 'reset' them all.

true dat to Alpha though..... however..... there is a nice shiny BETA side of the schtick....

a) read the current progress first... then y'all add.

b) we are Linux free, not solaris bound.

c) We get Suse 9.1 in 64 bit mode.. and (I'm shooting for 32/64 bit apps).

d) plans for 2 - quad opterons (or equiv) for the next step. :) as our two main servers to go beta / production phase 1.

We get through this better than seti (which we are) and we are home free :)

How's that for good news????

nickth
07-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Its all great news.

BUT our average points is still falling very quickly. i dont think it will be long before we are back in 9TH place :-(

BC
07-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Its all great news.

BUT our average points is still falling very quickly. i dont think it will be long before we are back in 9TH place :-(

It's only because of the aging equation... please have patience... I posted 15 points earlier tonight and got back 9 of the RAC...

Also... look who got the jump on us... those who are 5+ hours east, we are just 5-8 hours behind... we will catch them in nothing flat.

We need to build up the pending list...

Is Chaz back on Predictor yet?

I ask because we are one of the few groups that is self-point feeding.

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Just checking my signature.....

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:01 PM
ok, i'm no html genius.... somebody help me out.

My sig should be this... http://stats.axpr.net/sig.php?id=2225&project=pah

But I can't get it in my signature spot... HELP!!!!!!!!!

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Ok I got it... LOL User error.. My bad.

nickth
07-25-2004, 01:04 PM

When you make post check that there is a tick in the Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
and also in your profile check that the box show signature is set to yes

BC
07-25-2004, 01:04 PM

put just the less-than 'img src=................. greater than in your sig block

like this, except with your user #....

Chuck Lasher
Predictor Team Member / Predictor Support / BOINC Alpha/Beta Test
http://stats.axpr.net/sig.php?id=721&project=pah

PS: 'tiz now a 21 hour day for me.. nite nite for a few hours... Vaughan has my contact info if needed in emergency.....

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:07 PM
I got it thanks, I also linked it to our home page. It's early. I forgot to type something in the code. It's too eary to be typing code. LOL.

BC
07-25-2004, 01:17 PM
With the corrections to the validator and WU generator......

You should all try to keep your min and max within 2-3 hours of each other.... I personally keep no more than 1 day on hand...

it allows for quick, easy points on jobs botched by intels...

I used 1.0 and 1.05 == 1 hour flex window. but I also do most jobs
in 30 minutes or less...

I would recommend a 1.5 job window for each (actual CPU time, not estimator CPU time).... it will auto-update and auto-download frequently and the RAC will build slow, but steady...

also, as in my case... keeps it from degrading at all.... mine has not fallen at all all night long and I've pumped in 250+ points of Pending.

Now, and i mean it... nap time... laterz.

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Done, thanks BC.

Anonymous
07-25-2004, 02:08 PM
thanks for the advice BC, im new to p@h and s@H but am keen to learn.
i recently upgraded to an AMD 3200+ so hopefully i can add some pints to the overall tally :thumbleft:

em99010pepe
07-25-2004, 04:54 PM
In GUI version it is possible to suspend network activity. How can i do it in the CLI version?

BC
07-25-2004, 07:41 PM
everyone do their updates and uploads..... HIT IT...

I just got RAC+ and Total Points+

nickth
07-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Well ive now got over 1000 pending credit. And i,m just wondering if i'll get all of it beacuse some of the work was re sent of the 24/07/04

bwhite
07-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Just got last compter switched back to Predictor. I'm at about 2000 in pending. Guess we will see what happens when it all shakes out.

BC
07-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Ahh... so YOU are the one that sucked out the last of the AMD WU's????

I can't get any..... OINK OINK!!!!

ROFLMAO

bwhite
07-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Ha!!! I hope I did....that way the team gets all the credits. But if that were true don't you think we could use a little more work????.

Over 2000 in pending now!??!!?

BC
07-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Ha!!! I hope I did....that way the team gets all the credits. But if that were true don't you think we could use a little more work????.

Over 2000 in pending now!??!!?

I sent the request for more AMD WUs...... still haven't gotten any... but just did get MORE points creditd...

we are behind on RAC, two teams got the jump on us there by sucking down the first block.....

We are now only 100 or so points ahead of Nordlichter...... time to crunch.

We are winning... just slower to recover, but will finish much stronger in a day or two when our pendings all come together.... The quorum is now set = 3, not 2.... so it does take longer to get credit... and credit will be more fair.... I almost insisted on that...

WE SHALL PREVAIL

BC

bwhite
07-25-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm crunching as hard as I can. The AMDs do need more work. Almost all the top computers in the stats are AMDs. I don't think all my machines filled up with work yet so hope more becomes availible before I run out again.

Beerknurd
07-25-2004, 09:44 PM
My little P4 is going as fast as it HT technology will let it. Predictor wasn't made for Intel.