PDA

View Full Version : Deaf and blind

Lagu
04-23-2007, 07:04 AM
What shall I say?

Yesterday I should download Majestic-12 v. 1.4.8 to my AMD64. I read I must have Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 whish I not had so I downloaded it, ran it and got to Microsoft Update and downloaded 2 Microsoft.Net Framework patches. Restarted the computer and get Majestic-12 running. But after a while Microsoft showed a message saying MJ-12 had got an unwanted failure and must be terminated. What?

Because I ran Zivis besides I decide shout Boinc down and test run MJ again. After a while I got a message again and must terminate MJ. Uninstalled Framework 2.0 and all patches and downloaded a new one Microsoft.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package loaded the files and again went to Update and downloaded 2 patches. Started MJ-12 but now it failed faster than before.

I pondered over what was wrong. Got to MJ´s download page again and watched the screen. In front of my eyes it stands:

NET 2.0 build (recommend) - works on 64-bit Vista/Longhorn1. Make sure you have Microsoft.Net v2.0 installed!

What the hell?? Have I been trying run MJ-12 as was made for Vista???? Of source! Uninstalled Framework once again and downloaded Frame.work 1.1 + patch. Restarted the computer and got a message saying “The computer has been recovered after a serious failure” Oh my God! Ran MJ again and yes it worked and is now running smoothly along with Zivis.

Luckily there was no damage. XP is really a OP as is forgivable against us humans.

I’m demonstrably deaf but I didn’t know I was blind too.:)

AMDave
04-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Ahh Lagu! You made me snort my beer out my nose!!! HaHa.
It is good that we can laugh at ourselves.
We are human after all.
"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer" heh.
I am glad you got it sorted out in the end.

Ototero
04-23-2007, 01:41 PM
As we haven't got a Zivis forum, let me congratulate Lagu on his yellow ribbon. Well earned.

Lagu
04-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks Ototero!
It is seldom it happen and it use to be chortlived.:)