PDA

View Full Version : BC

Keith75
07-26-2004, 01:26 AM
Don't laugh at this because I should already know this. :P Are you someway affiliated with this project?

BC
07-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Yes, I'm part alpha test / part support / user
except for the pure boinc alpha test team,

I am the one person who has no affiliation with the
Institute or Boinc. Just a user who spoke up.

Note: Due to a DB error... I lost over 200 RAC in a blink.
I am recovering now... but am maintaining status quo.
I am however getting a 1 & 1 pending-posted credit mix at this time
In another day or so.. my paultry 16.80 RAC for 8000 points will rebound.
(clear sign of a database screw up)

Beerknurd
07-26-2004, 02:49 AM
BC,

You may have already posted this somewhere, so excuse me if i'm being repeditave. Is there a chance that we may lose our pending credit? Just wondering.

BC
07-26-2004, 05:59 AM
BC,

You may have already posted this somewhere, so excuse me if i'm being repeditave. Is there a chance that we may lose our pending credit? Just wondering.

There is a chance we will lose them, but unlikely.... Most likely I will be able to convince the DBA to get the exact procedure for 'scanning for completed, but un-validated WUs and marking them as 'ready-to-validate'.... Once that is done, the pendings which were set at the onset of our restart will clear... as will all those from the past.

I'm going to email the Seti DBA (also the DB developer) to send some 'neat admin scripts' as a 'friendly unsolicited gesture'. :)

Chuck

Ototero
07-26-2004, 06:35 AM
Chuck,

The spell cops will be after you ;)

You're signature read :

"Preductor User Contrib and Support / BOINC Alpha/Beta Test"
:D :) :eek: :shock: :cool: :lol:

7:39. Just started work :cry:

AMDave
07-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Good question from Beerknurd.

Chuck, I was wonderin' while I was wanderin' about that same thing after I signed off yesterday evening.

The units that we submitted for validation before the project went down are not likely to have the same attributes (size, identity, etc) as those handed out after the project came back up due to the changes made (and now observed). Thus I must surmise that the project may have to re-issue WU's that did not complete the validation process as they may never become validated...?

I know we are dealing with an Alpha-stage project and losing 500-600 pending points will not bother me (I know what I signed up for). However for the project team ... they must be able to account for such changes or circumstances that may occur in future cycles so perhaps they ought to get into the guts of that decision process, if not just for the excercise.

--Dave--