PDA

View Full Version : Predictor - Team info - Description

em99010pepe
07-26-2004, 04:07 PM
We have this in Description:

"Anybody who has a PC with an AMD processor can join this team. Join us and show us what you're made of! Come on over to amdusers.com and take a look at the projects we're running."

Our team is growing each day only because of Predictor. To call more attention to us I think we should write this description into different languages like portuguese, spanish, greek, german, etc.
What do you think?

Portuguese

"Alguém que tenha um computador pessoal com um processador AMD pode juntar-se Ã* equipa. Junta-te e mostra-nos aquilo de que és capaz! Visita-nos em amdusers.com e dá uma vista de olhos nos projectos de distribuição onde a equipa participa."

nickth
07-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Cheers for that as i created the team for Predictor i'll add all traslations and yours will be first em99010pepe

em99010pepe
07-26-2004, 04:25 PM
nickth,

Do you think there's enough space to put the rest of the translations?

nickth
07-26-2004, 04:32 PM
yer loads i've just done German, French, Spanish and Italian with the help of google translator. :D

em99010pepe
07-26-2004, 04:33 PM
yer loads i've just done German, French, Spanish and Italian with the help of google translator. :D

Could you put here the portuguese translation using google.

em99010pepe
07-26-2004, 04:39 PM
This is the portuguese version using google translator:

"Qualquer um que tem um PC com um processador de AMD pode juntar esta equipe. Junte-nos e mostre-nos o que você é feito! Aproxime-se sobre a amdusers.com e faça-se exame de um olhar nos projetos que nós estamos funcionando."

I don't like it. The spanish translations is also not good.
Take off the other ones. The translation should be done by a human!

Empty_5oul
07-26-2004, 05:16 PM
thats the problem of using a translator. it is best done by hand - personally i dont think its worth having too many languages there as it is kinda annoying having to scroll over the whole lot (but thats just my opinion)

em99010pepe
07-26-2004, 06:14 PM
thats the problem of using a translator. it is best done by hand - personally i dont think its worth having too many languages there as it is kinda annoying having to scroll over the whole lot (but thats just my opinion)

I respect your opinion but I think your point of view is not valid because if we had 200 members you would have to scroll even more.
Look at L’Alliance Francophone Team (http://predictor.scripps.edu/team_display.php?teamid=48).

I know english is the principal/main language of the world but if i didn't no any language I would be satisfied to know that in that team there's someone who can help me in my native language.

Pokerhasi
07-27-2004, 04:42 PM
We have this in Description:

"Anybody who has a PC with an AMD processor can join this team. Join us and show us what you're made of! Come on over to amdusers.com and take a look at the projects we're running."

Our team is growing each day only because of Predictor. To call more attention to us I think we should write this description into different languages like portuguese, spanish, greek, german, etc.
What do you think?

---beginning of german translation---

Wir beschreiben uns so:

"Jeder, der einen PC mit AMD Prozessor hat, kann diesem Team beitreten. Tritt uns bei und zeige uns aus was für einem Holz du gemacht bist! Kommt herüber zu amdusers.com und schau dir an, an welchen Projekten wir teilnehmen."

---end of german translation---

...but uf you ask me, this slogan sounds a bit boring in german...how about sth. more interesting?... how about his in german:

another try...

"Jeder, der einen PC mit einem AMD Prozessor hat, ist herzlich eingeladen diesem Team beitreten (natürlich sind alle anderen auch willkommen ;o) ). Trete den AMDUsers bei und zeige uns was DEINE Rechner für die Allgemeinheit leisten können, was DU für uns alle tun kannst! Kommt zu amdusers.com und schau dir an, an welchen Projekten wir teilnehmen. Wir warten auf DICH!"

english translation....

"Everyone who has got an PC with an AMD processor is cordially/heartly? invited to join this team (ofcourse all others are welcome too ;o) ).
Join the AMDUsers and show us what YOUR PCs can do for general public, what YOU can do for all of us! Come to amdusers.com an take a look at the projekts we participate. We´re waiting for YOU!"

:lol: don´t laugh, I just want to help :roll:

nickth
07-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Yes it dose sound better that what is there at the moment. we will give it a try
:D

em99010pepe
07-27-2004, 06:09 PM
This is not a direct translation. I have to change some sentences.

Portugusese.

Toda a gente que tiver um computador pessoal (PC), com processador AMD e não só, é bem-vindo a juntar-se a esta equipa.
Junta-te Ã* AMD Users e mostra-nos realmente o que os teus PC's podem fazer pela comunidade, o que tu podes fazer por todos nós!
Visita-nos em amdusers.com e dá uma vista de olhos nos projectos de distribuição onde a equipa participa. Esperamos por ti!

nickth
07-27-2004, 06:31 PM
that works better all we need now is french, spanish and italian :D

em99010pepe
07-27-2004, 08:32 PM
I can help with the spanish version.

Beerknurd
07-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Again, I am of no help...... :(

em99010pepe
07-28-2004, 09:12 AM

You can start making my Hobbes avatar!

chaz
07-28-2004, 02:02 PM
I am wondering about the first line in our team desciption on Predictors site....

"Everyone who has got a PC with an AMD processor is cordially/heartly? invited to join this team"

No offense, but I'm not too sure about the heartly?

Empty_5oul
07-28-2004, 02:15 PM
i agree wwith Chaz, ithink lose both words it makes sense without them - they dont fit in very well

em99010pepe
07-28-2004, 04:01 PM
I think we should compact that text into one sentence.

About that part cordially/heartly, well, I didn't translate it in portuguese.
I don't know how to explain it but you only use it in a certain language level degree.

MatthewS
07-31-2004, 12:04 AM
Here is the Description in Spanish:

"Cualquiera que tiene una computadora personal con un procesador de AMD puede unir este equipo. ¡Unanos y muestre nosotros lo que usted está hecho de! Venga en sobre al amdusers.com y eche una mirada a los proyectos que corremos

**Please keep in mind that when it comes to foreign language that there is no exact translation**

I'm still waiting to join Predictor@Home. I wish they would enable the create new account function! lol

Beerknurd
07-31-2004, 03:29 AM

You can start making my Hobbes avatar!

What do you want????

I found these online... They may need to be resized. Let me know iof you wanna use one. I'll resize it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Beerknurd/Hobbes_2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Beerknurd/Hobbes.gif

em99010pepe
07-31-2004, 07:36 AM
What do you want????

This one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Beerknurd/Hobbes_2.gif

Could you resize it a little bit?

Thanks.

Beerknurd
07-31-2004, 05:48 PM
Here you go,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Beerknurd/Hobbes_2_32208.gif

em99010pepe
07-31-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks. :lol:

Beerknurd
07-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Your welcome.

or

Sua boa vinda.

Jason

Beerknurd
07-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Maybe we can get everyone to have a calvin and hobbes avatar....

chaz
07-31-2004, 08:48 PM
Believe it or not, we used to have some nudie pics here.....
Anybody remember? Vaughan, BWhite, Keith?
That would keep me coming back. :lol: I'll have to give Bionic some credit for suggesting that, they were ads of some sort.

Beerknurd
07-31-2004, 09:15 PM
hmmmm. weird.

chaz
07-31-2004, 09:38 PM
It was a bit of a change, but didnt last long.

bwhite
08-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Believe it or not, we used to have some nudie pics here.....
Anybody remember? Vaughan, BWhite, Keith?
That would keep me coming back. :lol: I'll have to give Bionic some credit for suggesting that, they were ads of some sort.

I remember. The wife wasn't too keen on the Idea.