PDA

View Full Version : Tsc

Opteron
04-30-2007, 04:34 AM
A friend ask me about this project and not knowing much about it I went and read a little more and I personally feel it's worth a little attention... Maybe you will to... :icon_mrgreen:
http://www.childhooddiseases.org/community_tsc.html

Lagu
04-30-2007, 05:41 AM
I ran it long ago and it is as when running D02L. But I hawe not enough with computers split up me so I stay with D20L.

Opteron
04-30-2007, 06:41 AM
I ran it long ago and it is as when running D02L. But I hawe not enough with computers split up me so I stay with D20L.

No worries Lagu I just wanted to put it out there because other then a PM I haven't heard anything about it here on the board...:icon_mrgreen:

vaughan
04-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I've had a P4 2.66 notebook on it occasionally. Still have bad memories of when the idiots running the project zeroed the stats because they didn't take a backup. On the other hand, there have been so many projects that have given up the ghost now that starting from scratch again isn't such a big deal now. Its like starting in a new project and best to forget that they had a phase 1.

The science seems pretty good if that rocks your boat. :icon_wink:

Opteron
05-01-2007, 04:01 AM
I completely understand that... Although I don't have that many points I would still be righteously PO'd if I went to check the stats and what I have done was just gone...

Update:
Since I'm losing a box I'm just going to wait until I can throw a little more at it B4 I start running TSC along side D2OL... :icon_redface:

Brucifer
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
@Opteron -- It really hurt their project when the points zeroed out without any advanced warning like it was the big plan or something. And if you go look at all the teams, and noticed all the names listed with 0 points, those were accounts that for a large part were active before the zeroing out. Since then the project has gone through some internal restructuring, and I think that they are moving forward. Although the emphasis is on the science, they have realized that points accumulation for players and teams is one of the big reasons why people were crunching for their project. While this team doesn't have many points with tsc, others like BBR are really wracking them up.

The project is a very worthwhile one, like a great number of all the DC projects are. I add points to it on a random basis. I probably ought to do a few more really. :)

Opteron
05-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm going to do a lot of it in the near future I've just got to get some of my financial issues straightened out so I can get some CPU's on it and D2OL...

I'd really like to start a project like D2OL or TSC from scratch but I never seem to catch them until they've been up and running for a while... But, being here I'm sure I'll catch 1 starting eventually...:icon_mrgreen:

Lagu
05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Opteron

Perhaps you should run TSC and D20L on each core? They use not the same dictionary I beleive.:)

Opteron
05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Opteron

Perhaps you should run TSC and D20L on each core? They use not the same dictionary I beleive.:)

I don't have any Dual cores... I have (2) Athlon 4000+ (1) Opteron 146 (1) Sempron 2800 (1) Athlon 2200... And what’s even worse is I have to ship off either the Sempron or the 2200... I should have already done so but I've got to get my D2OL leveled back out...

When I do get a multi core set up I'm hoping I can save enough to snag a Quad Core Opteron and a water cooling system to go with it... That would be SWEET!!!:icon_mrgreen:

Brucifer
05-12-2007, 05:56 AM
I think I'll move a few systems over onto this. There's some team dcv points to be picked up by improving the teams ranking on this.

Opteron
05-13-2007, 01:44 AM
I won't be too far behind you I'm close to achieving a goal in D2OL and although I won't leave it all together I will be able to put some systems on TSC...:icon_mrgreen:

Brucifer
05-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Well I ran some today, but I think I'll keep hitting d2ol a bit more to get some more distance built up.

gatekeeper53
05-13-2007, 05:47 AM
I lost my router. But, as soon as I get the new one and can run smoothly again I'll put a couple of boxes on it.

Brucifer
05-13-2007, 06:55 AM
A bad day at Flat Rock I guess, I lost a motherboard today also. Hopefully I'll get over the 200,000 mark on d2ol possibly tomorrow evening. Then I'll put some boxes back on tsc. That should help the team bring in a few more points for the medical section of DCV.

Opteron
05-13-2007, 06:57 AM
WoW!!! If you're running like you're in D2OL and you ain't running smoothly I'd hate to be in your way when you're... :( :icon_mrgreen: :(

Opteron
06-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Is any-1 else having trouble uploading wu's to TSC???:icon_mrgreen:

Its taking them now...:icon_mrgreen:

Bender10
06-01-2007, 09:59 AM
This has happened for both (D2OL/TSC) projects about a week ago. It always allowed downloads, even if the upload was broke...

Bender10
06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Looks like we have a new Team #1 in TSC !!

"cputrdoc"

Welcome aboard!

Opteron
06-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Welcome cputrdoc and thanks for joining our team...:icon_mrgreen:

Brucifer
06-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Welcome cputrdoc and thanks for joining our team...:icon_mrgreen:

X2 !! :)

Ototero
06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
A fantastic entrance. Straight in at number 1 :)

Lagu
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Sounds fine. Where he teamless or moved from another team?:icon_wink:

Opteron
06-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Sounds fine. Where he teamless or moved from another team?:icon_wink:

It didn't show a team when he/she joined...:icon_mrgreen:

cputrdoc
06-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Teamless, actually. I posted an brief intro about who I am on the D2OL forum before I found this thread.

I'm an AMD employee, so when I discovered the "AMD users" team, it made sense for me to join you guys. I've got AMD Athlon 64 X2 machines at home and at work. One core is almost always occupied with D2OL work. I leave my work desktop on all the time so I figured it might as well be doing something. :)

I joined D2OL/TSC after CPDN kept fielding me bad workloads. Seemed like I wasn't really doing much to help mankind if I was just computing "junk packets".

The predecessor to my home PC was an Athlon XP, and I think I was crunching D2OL on that before I bought my latest home computer, so I'll be adding some more packets (stats-wise) to the team profile soon.

Opteron
06-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Teamless, actually. I posted an brief intro about who I am on the D2OL forum before I found this thread.

I'm an AMD employee, so when I discovered the "AMD users" team, it made sense for me to join you guys. I've got AMD Athlon 64 X2 machines at home and at work. One core is almost always occupied with D2OL work. I leave my work desktop on all the time so I figured it might as well be doing something. :)

I joined D2OL/TSC after CPDN kept fielding me bad workloads. Seemed like I wasn't really doing much to help mankind if I was just computing "junk packets".

The predecessor to my home PC was an Athlon XP, and I think I was crunching D2OL on that before I bought my latest home computer, so I'll be adding some more packets (stats-wise) to the team profile soon.

We are really glad you found us and GREAT work please keep it up...:icon_mrgreen:

AMD employee I LOVE it!!!:icon_mrgreen:

Ototero
06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Yahooooo, an actual AMD employee here. I love.

What better home could you find.....