PDA

View Full Version : merging computers

Empty_5oul
07-26-2004, 07:04 PM
right i have a problem (yes, another one !!)
i have been running BOINC for a few days now fine with no probs. i thought id install it on one of the other comps, straight away i encountered probs but overcame them. now on this new comp i have downloaded a load of units to be processed but cant seem to process them. a dos style window loads but the line never moves just stays - as soon as this window is closed the unit processing fails.
this comp with the probs is called gateway.office, the working one is called thermaltake if you view it on my stats page

BC
07-27-2004, 09:06 AM
right i have a problem (yes, another one !!)
i have been running BOINC for a few days now fine with no probs. i thought id install it on one of the other comps, straight away i encountered probs but overcame them. now on this new comp i have downloaded a load of units to be processed but cant seem to process them. a dos style window loads but the line never moves just stays - as soon as this window is closed the unit processing fails.
this comp with the probs is called gateway.office, the working one is called thermaltake if you view it on my stats page

the answer is simple.... in the link that starts your BOINC/Predictor.. you said to 'start minimized'... that causes problems on certain OS's....

to correct this... go to your start menu.. hold the mouse over the startup BOINC or the other BOINC (whichever starts your GUI)....

right mouse click on the selection WITHOUT MOVING THE MOUSE.....

select 'properties'

a window will appear

on this 'properties' page (as it will be titled') on that popup is a 'run:' line......
change it to 'normal window'...

then click 'OK'... then click anywhere else .

Now go back and start up boinc/predictor as usual.

and you will simply have to close the BOINC / Predictor window every time it starts...

Once we get to version 4.x... this will go away... but this is the 'cheat' for now.

Let me know if you have problems.

when it comes to merging hosts... PM me the user ID and I will look..

BC

PS: I apologize for the delay, I spent the evening working on MFOLD.

Empty_5oul
07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
right, it was already on "normal window" is it worth changing it to minimized or maxamised??

anything else worth trying or wont it work on here ?? - i am at this comp now.