PDA

View Full Version : Parts for Sale ... !!!

PoorBoy
05-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I know most of you guys run the AMD stuff but some of you have Intel also, I have a Ton of stuff here that I need to get rid of or just throw it out if I can't.

First off if any one's interested in a copy of the Supreme Commander Game send me an E-Mail or PM me & for a few Dollars to cover the shipping I'll send you one. I have 6 copies that I got when I bought some parts & all I'll end up doing with them is making Coasters out of them as I don't play any games anymore due to the Carpel Tunnel Syndrome I have in my hands and arms ...

Okay as for the parts I want to get rid of I have some P4 3.4's, 1 of them is a Extreme P4 3.4 ... I also have the Motherboards, Memory, some Video Cards that can go with them if the parts are needed.

I also will have some E6600 Core 2 Duo's shortly as I Upgrade them to the Newer Q6600's I already have. I possibly will have a couple of Motherboards too. Don't know about that as I may keep the Motherboards but we could discuss it & if the price is right I can let maybe 2 of them go. I'll have 6 of the E6600's that I'll be letting go eventually...

If your interested or know somebody that might be interested give me a shout & we'll see what we can do ...

Frederic Brillouet
05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
thats a big sale you're doing man! If i relieve you from your carpal tunnel syndrome, would you pass a few c2d's for free?:icon_mrgreen:

Bender10
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm interested now. But, I'll be more interested later (when I have some money...:icon_eek:)

PoorBoy
05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm interested now. But, I'll be more interested later (when I have some money...:icon_eek:)

:icon_lol: ... Having Money always helps when wanting to buy something ... :icon_wink:

Let me know when your ready, the stuff will probably still be here or at least some of it & I need time to get the parts swamped out anyway with the newer stuff ...

mitchellds
05-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Hey Poorboy,

I got my Q6600 running today to replace a e6300. I have it smoothly running at around 3ghz on air.

moderna
05-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I am in need of a Socket 939 motherboard. I fried mine I think.

Nflight
05-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey Poorboy,

I got my Q6600 running today to replace a e6300. I have it smoothly running at around 3ghz on air.

I have lots of questions about the Q6600, if you have some time I would love to drill your brain as to how it functions and some other pertinent info!

mitchellds
05-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Anytime Nflight. Fire away.

Nflight
05-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I have been learning since I posted that a few hours ago!
http://www.intel.com/business/xeon/index.htm?iid=qc_tl+xeon_badge

Uh Oh, AMD is losing strength here !
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/xeon/competitive_guide.pdf

Brucifer
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Sorta off topic I guess, but commenting on the urls above --
Unfortunately, "white papers" from both Intel and AMD are about as factual as utterances from the Republican or Democratic National Parties. Somewhere in there, there may be something that can be validated in a specific sense, but as for dealing with reality........... Everything eventually relates to how it works on the street/ground. The best engine in the world isn't worth a hoot if the usable power can't be transferred to the ground. How does all this actually relate to that humoungous Oracle database? There's a lot more bottlenecks in hardware and networks than just a cpu processor, and IT geeks/managers don't buy based solely on white papers.

What we don't really see much of is third party evaluations, referenced to specific performance objectives actually used in the everyday work world with specific software packages. Then readers can do a little "critical thinking" in terms they deal with.

I'm just commenting here on white papers in general, which came to my mind as I was looking at the charts, etc., in the urls referenced. And not saying that the intel chips aren't very good either, because they are. And so are the chips coming shortly from amd. And in spite of it all, there are some DC projects that either chip excels in over the other. But anyway just thought I'd comment on the white papers and the point that they get so carried away trying to shame the competitor that they lose sight of what they were rally trying to do in the first place. And both sides are just as guilty. :)

Nflight
05-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Your Right Brucifier, I should just remember that in the end it is what has been a constant reminder to why we crunch with AMD's in the first place. Why, because they constantly out do the Intel's in performance for the mighty dollar spent. So unless AMD files bankruptcy and I have no choice I will still be waiting for my illustrious AMD Quad Cores. Thank You for the Profound display of guilty disguise of truths and lies, from AMD to Intel I know who will prevail!