PDA

View Full Version : Moves into #3 place

Nflight
05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Congratulations AMDave ! Patience is a virtue...
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=dimes&team=AMD+Users
http://bjwptw.250free.com/pages/clapping_smiley.gif

Beerknurd
05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Crap and he is outproducing me. I can't get Dimes to run on my Intel Dual Core anymore for some reason. I think it's a java thing, but I keep forgetting to look at it... Maybe AMDave creeping up on me will kick me in the butt hard enough to remember... :lol:

Nflight
05-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I think it is more a linux thing then a Dual Core Intel thing, but it may well be the advantage of AMD over Intel with a little bit of Java splashed into make it fun and exciting. Are you confused yet?:icon_rolleyes:

Beerknurd
05-08-2007, 11:19 PM
He is only outproducing me cause I don't have my Dual Core processing dimes... I'll get it working tonight...

AMD-USR_JL
05-09-2007, 01:07 AM
I've been trying to get this project to run on my computer for a while now. I read that they have an error with the new JAVA that causes the agent process to error out. I looked on their forums for a solution and found that you can allegedly still run the service version with no problems. I tried that, but had no luck. :( They said you can go back to the older JAVA, but i need the newer one to run Azureus.

How'd you guys get it to run?

vaughan
05-20-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm finding Dimes just stops running. I tried an uninstall reinstall and Dimes won't start now, won't even appear in Task Manager.

The NetDimes official forum and FAQs are full of spam so are useless. Anybody able to help?

Nflight
05-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I have the older version on Rocketship and it keeps running no problem. The new version is running on Wildcat and it keeps crashing, in fact it crashes my whole system just about everyday - Makes me angry! :icon_twisted: As long as I am here at the system computer I allow it to run, once I leave the system then I have to turn it off. I have also noticed the tremendous difference in whole system slow down while the new version is running on WIldcat - Pitiful.

Ever since Russia has come on board and been screaming up the charts the amount of work available is terrible on my system. If you can get it to run you are a better man then me Gunga Din !

Lagu
05-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm finding Dimes just stops running. I tried an uninstall reinstall and Dimes won't start now, won't even appear in Task Manager.

The NetDimes official forum and FAQs are full of spam so are useless. Anybody able to help?

Have you tried a reboot. I think you not reboot your computers too often. If you think reboot, download eventually files from Windows update first.:icon_wink:

AMD-USR_JL
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I found a solution at their forums. This is all you have to do:

1) Go to <your installation path>\DIMES\Agent
2) Right click on "runAgentGUI.bat"
3) Click edit
4) Change the last line to "C:\Progra~1\DIMES\Agent\Classes\Base\conf\properti es.xml"
If it's installed somewhere else than C, then change it to the drive's letter
5) Start DIMES

Enjoy! :icon_wink:

vaughan
05-20-2007, 11:34 PM
That's what the line says. When I click on the icon to run it gives an "error reading parameters" message.

AMD-USR_JL
05-21-2007, 12:36 AM
You might have uninstall then reinstall. I remember it didn't work when i tried the patch on my desktop, but the desktop always has issues. I tried it with a fresh install on my laptop and it worked.

AMDave
05-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi chaps.
Thanks for the milestone :)

Beerknurd passed the 8 million mark overnight.
Nice One!
Watch your back, dude! heh heh