PDA

View Full Version : Whish platform

Lagu
05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
I plan to run WCG for a while and test it out but which client are you as run it using? When I had register WCG´s own client was chosen not Boinc. Plays it any role whish of them I use. If I want to add one more computer using their agent can I do it as I’m used by Boinc? Use same password and username?

Are there any problem use their Agent compared to Boinc?:)

spikey_richie
05-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Ok here's the deal.

WCG Agent only uses 60% of your CPU

If you attach to project in BOINC you can set the % of WCG time.

Also, from 'My Grid' you can specify which projects to crunch.

Bubben
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
1. When you have logged in and chosed project/projects under "my projects..you press "home" and then download-button.

2. Then you can see a list of downloads from WCG to Boinc..

3. Mark the Boinc and download that if you wish to use Boinc.

4.The download starts and attaches to the projects you have choosed

5. Log out.

Lagu
05-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks. I chose Boinc and on my Athlon64 3200+ the Wu use 98% which is OK.:icon_wink:

spikey_richie
05-11-2007, 07:24 PM
You should in that case expect to see ~1500 - 2000 points per day. The optimized clients work well with these units too, and the estimated credit is very close to the rewarded credit.

Nflight
05-11-2007, 09:14 PM
There is a quorum of three, just to let you know, but since there are so many people on this project it does not take long for that quorum to finalize. I am waiting about 3 days till my results are finalized. And I am receiving plenty of credits and the work units are some long and some very short time ranges any where from 3 hours to as short as nearly 30 minutes. I am running Boinc !

Lagu
05-11-2007, 09:25 PM
In my preferences I have chose 0,1 day before connect the server whish gives me only 1 WU as takes 4.4 hour. It is good if we should have any race I can finish it faster than if I should have 50 in the queue.:icon_wink:

spikey_richie
05-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes, unlike most projects it only downloads a new unit when the current one is almost finished. A lot of other projects (Zivis for example) grab > 10 units at once.