PDA

View Full Version : May 14, Brain in Neutral

Bender10
05-15-2007, 04:23 AM
It's late, and I'm tired. It's been a strange few days, On the 'Board' and at home.

In the last week we saw a lot of action from 'Team 2ch', and 'SETI.usa'. I guess we should have taken the hint. They played havoc with the Tanpaku server. Oh well!! This is going to be a recurring theme, get used to it.

I think NeoGen did a great job getting the Competion setup and scheduled. It will still fly, even with a few bumps in the road. And one way or another we will have fun, or else....:icon_twisted:

Dice Stacking...Beerknurd....projectiles....safety glasses....hardhat.....was there actually any BEER involved?? :icon_wink:

I'm glad to see D2OL getting some action (I'm still crunching). Medical research is getting more important every day. I just put a box on WCG the other day, maybe another in a few days...And I see some TSC in my future...

The boys have been doing some good work with Ubuntu as of late. Does someone have a list or cheat sheet (Thread?) on how to run DC projects on different platforms, and any compatibility issues. If we don't, I'll help work on it. The Ubuntu D2OL solution should go down on paper or thread somewhere (with a sticky).

I've done some experimenting with running different projects together. Windows platform only. Checking out memory and cpu usage. And then I deleted all my results....by mistake of course !! :icon_redface:

My internet connection has been slow for a few days, maybe it sprung a leak...??

The "Diskless BOINC Farms" thread seems to be popular. I have slacked off during the last couple of weeks due to "stuff" going on. But, there are a few other people playing with it. Thanks to a kick in the pants from LeBo, I picked up a handfull of 1 gig thumb drives today, and will be booting BOINCpe from these in a couple of days. Cool.

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. Really... I did. The day after was even better. My Mom is recovering from a (scheduled) successfull Triple Bypass, that she had this morning. I feel...well, you know :icon_mrgreen:.

Tanpaku, Team 2ch (over 1,000 users registered on tanpaku), SETI.usa, many, many cpu's. The face of DC is changing.
?
Where do we fit in?
?

PcManiac
05-15-2007, 04:47 AM
such a funny post lol :)
I had a good mother's day ... we couldn't really think of what to get my mom, so we made these 'coupons' where she can trade em in for things like gardening, cleaning her car, etc, lol.

well, it has been a strange few days for me too... just broke up with my GF... so I guess ya'll know how that goes ...

Opteron
05-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Nice summation Mr Bender... I'm Sorry and Happy to hear about your mother...
I like your thought on getting a Ubuntu D2OL solution...
Give your mother our best wishes and have a great day...:icon_mrgreen:

Frederic Brillouet
05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
It's late, and I'm tired. It's been a strange few days, [...]
Tanpaku, Team 2ch (over 1,000 users registered on tanpaku), SETI.usa, many, many cpu's. The face of DC is changing.
?
Where do we fit in?
?
we fit in at the very top my friend, thats where our place is :icon_twisted:

drezha
05-15-2007, 11:24 AM
The boys have been doing some good work with Ubuntu as of late. Does someone have a list or cheat sheet (Thread?) on how to run DC projects on different platforms, and any compatibility issues.

I'd be willing to jump onto that. :)