PDA

View Full Version : day or two away from taking 13 spot on d3ol

ahab3333
07-29-2004, 07:47 PM
we are very close to over taking the team in front of us on d2ol it should be in the next day or so. then we have to really crunch if we want to get any farther ahead. keep up the chuching.

em99010pepe
07-29-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm there. Next week I will send 2000wu's.

At our rate we will get RIVA Station on 03/08-2004 21:11.
source (http://tn-d2ol-stats.homeip.net/teampass?location=AMD%20Users)

BC
08-01-2004, 05:58 AM
I'm there. Next week I will send 2000wu's.

At our rate we will get RIVA Station on 03/08-2004 21:11.
source (http://tn-d2ol-stats.homeip.net/teampass?location=AMD%20Users)

Pepe,

I know you will post at your earliest possible time... when you do, we will probably take 13th (Riva Station)... the date... as of right now.. is 05/08-2004 10:42.

Team Ninja is in red... and I assume that means they are dropping... They are now 12 days away instead of (I think 10-something) yesterday.

BC.

vaughan
08-01-2004, 07:07 AM
Red in Team Norway's stats means they are going to overtake us. Come on team, let's show 'em what we've got.

BC
08-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Red in Team Norway's stats means they are going to overtake us. Come on team, let's show 'em what we've got.

Same dance, different tune!

LET'S DO IT!... RALLY 'EM UP AND RIDE 'EM HARD!!!

(no! not the women!... well, not in public anyway!!! )

Speaking of women..... is Chaz in on D2OL or LM?

BC

Ototero
08-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Guys,

I'm getting the following error when manually updating. And yes, I am online.

Error Uploading Task Results. 0 of 35 were successfully uploaded. Error Detail: Error Talking to servlet! Info: Response code: 400, Response msg: Bad Request, Data msg:

Other machines are all fine.

Stu

BC
08-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Guys,

I'm getting the following error when manually updating. And yes, I am online.

Error Uploading Task Results. 0 of 35 were successfully uploaded. Error Detail: Error Talking to servlet! Info: Response code: 400, Response msg: Bad Request, Data msg:

Other machines are all fine.

Stu

Never saw that, but I am too new to help Stu... sorry.

Hope Vaughan or one of the other super-d2ol'ers can help... I thought I had fixed the 6 hour update window setting tonight, (and I did) but the server overrides the program when it connects... DRATS!... LOL

Chuck

em99010pepe
08-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Stuart,

Just wait a few hours. Sometimes I get the same error.

Ototero
08-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Cheers.. I'll wait and see.

This is my anti-verbose reply ;) ;)

BC
08-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Cheers.. I'll wait and see.

This is my anti-verbose reply ;) ;)

how do you Brits say it ???? " Bloomin Lazy Bones " ???? ROFL

(all in good fun)

Chuck

em99010pepe
08-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Right now I have more than 500 wu's stored. Just waiting to make my big attack.

Anonymous
08-01-2004, 11:41 AM

..... just as he's about to stumble away from the desk and back to bed....

..... he says... Oh really? well, we shall see..... only 500????

Loser buys dinner..... :)

Cheers,
Chuck

vaughan
08-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Stu,
Don't worry, sometimes the D2OL servers get swamped; especially if Dutch Power Cows or Anandtech are doing massive stats dumps. Wait a few minutes and try a manual update by clicking on the Status button on the GUI or R click the task bar icon and select Status then manual update. If this fails, the servers are rs - wait until Monday; just keep crunching and your work will accumulate. This is why you can cache up to 2000 tasks.

I have found that occasionally a "bad" workunit will get downloaded. This causes D2OL to race thru the cached tasks at about 1 every 5 seconds and the proggy becomes unresponsive when you try to close it. I kill it using IARSN's TaskInfo2002 then do a warm re-boot of Windows. Starting DSpy and D2OL (or TSC) then fixes it as it pretends to send the 2000 "completed" tasks back (but you score no credit for them) and downloads 2000 (or whatever your cache settings says) tasks and away you go.
In the old version 1.0 of D2OL Malor's DSpy program used to have the ability to check for dud tasks and delete them. Doesn't seem to have this function now, too bad. It just means you have to check on D2OL several times a day to ensure its behaving itself. It can run for days (?weeks) on end without problems but it is annoying to be away on business for a few days and come home to a farm wasting CPU cycles.
Vaughan

Ototero
08-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Good advice Vaughan,

I leave my farm online 24/7. The Q is at default 50, I let it sort itself out. Has never been a problem until today. My other machines all seem ok when manually updated. BUT, this machine did BSoD a few months ago when we 1st started the D2OL push. Again, it's been OK recently.

I'm also running Dspy to keep an eye on things remotely.

Off topic, running Ubero stresses the CPU to 58C. D2OL only 42C! Obviously the cpu can handle more work. Can we run 2 copies of D2OL??

Sorry guys, I thought my name was Chuck, I seem to be rambling on a bit :D :) :eek: :cool: ;) :roll:

Ototero
08-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Just a joke BC. :oops:

BC
08-01-2004, 12:51 PM

Stu,
I have Dudley (sp) relatives.. (aka Dudley Castle, now Dudley Gardens).... I was just teasing back. Sorry if I've been away from the UK too long... I do miss Huntingdon, all the Midlands, and mostly my old flying days out of RAF Alconbury... up to Macrehenish and the very northern coast (sp? for sure).

Gosh I GOTTA rest... Meds are just too much to fight and I am getting sore.

later all,
nap time.
Cheers.

Chuck

vaughan
08-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Stu,
Maybe Carlos can comment on running 2 instances of D2OL on a single CPU computer. I think you can by having a second directory for it, I have never tried it.
Cheers,
Vaughan

em99010pepe
08-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Stu,
Maybe Carlos can comment on running 2 instances of D2OL on a single CPU computer. I think you can by having a second directory for it, I have never tried it.
Cheers,
Vaughan

It is possible to make two installations in one computer. I only have it because I need to sneak-internet but I'm only running one instance.
Better is to ask Pokerhasi. He's running two instances.

Carlos

em99010pepe
08-01-2004, 01:20 PM

..... just as he's about to stumble away from the desk and back to bed....

..... he says... Oh really? well, we shall see..... only 500????

Loser buys dinner..... :)

Cheers,
Chuck

Only 500 because the computer runs for 12h/day. :cry:

WienerDog
08-01-2004, 01:24 PM
ok i got all of em back on D2OL.......i really need to upgrade my board on #5 tho.....only runs pc133 ram and thats killing my 2400+ output :-(
and if i do that,,,welll looky here.........a 1900+ chip in my drawer :lol:
maybe i could push vaughan a little harder :cool:

Ototero
08-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Done it, 2 lots of D2OL on 1 machine, yes they do need to be in different directories.

But still they are not stressing the cpu.

Maybe I'll run 3 :shock:

BC
08-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Done it, 2 lots of D2OL on 1 machine, yes they do need to be in different directories.

But still they are not stressing the cpu.

Maybe I'll run 3 :shock:

I ran 2 as a test (different directories) but didn't get the expected throughput. However, the caches are working GREAT! 100% hit rate on instruction and 60% data in L1.... L2 is grabbing the rest (98% hit rate)..... time will tell... I suspended one to see what the day's total was... if anything near 20-25% higher, then it is a success since I ran it for exactly 6 hours.

I know there are enough registers and ALU/FPUs on this box.

Chuck

BC
08-02-2004, 02:12 AM

ROFL... Carry on!!!!!

BC
08-02-2004, 05:31 AM
Guys,

Although still being computed and put into the database at TaStation,
WOW!!!!!!

A HUGE step up for AMDUsers and a HUGE step down for Riva Station
and a blow to Ninja.

I do believe congrats to the big contributors once the stats are complete
is definately in order !!!!

Chuck

PS: Pepe, I hope I lost that bet... I hope you got your WUs in in time. It kinda looks like you did... as it will be my privledge and pleasure to buy dinner. :)

AMDave
08-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Stuart.

There you go again. Upping the Ante. I'm following you all the way up the stats. DANG IT ! I'm starting to worry that people are going to refer to me as Dave...you know the one thats always following Ototero around !!!! ROFL !!!!

Ah well. Now resigned to the fact that I have only 2 aging CPUs (+1 really ineffective Celeron) to give to my Team I am committed to try to get the best out of them that I can.

Step 1 - migrate my pIII800 to Linux. it was a very flakey windoze install. I haven't tried the Linux version of D2OL yet (love a challenge). Red Hat OS is up and running. Trouble with the Internet sharing though... Must figure out how to bridge the 2 Lan Cards on my Win2K box...

Ooops...that linux DDOL install (CLI with JVM) is a BIG sucker 23.8Mb @ 1 hour on the modem.

Somethings gone wonky on my ethernet...gotta go and play TCP/IP WhoDunnit (actually I know the answer to that already... ME!) make that "What-I-Did-That-Dunnit" ...LOL
TTFN
--Dave--

Ototero
08-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Dave,

I've had some good struggles with Beerknurd on Ubero. Don't tell him, but he would have caught me eventually. Even though he had 1 machine and I had 6!

Now it seems I've got you chasing me. I hope nobody else reads this because I've only got 2 machine on D2OL, the other 2 are switched off (my lecky bill went rather high and the room got hot.

Won't need winter heating in that room!

Have fun catching me, it adds a little excitement to a dull life (my wife and kids are on holiday in the Philippines for 5 weeks, :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: )

All mixed up. I love the peace and quiet but miss them all.

Stuart