PDA

View Full Version : Client Problem ??

LeBo
05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Why does my client show 4 hours ahead of the actual time. When I do a manual update, the time showing as the last update is 4 hours ahead of my actual time. Why? My system clock is correct..:(

Lagu
05-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Why does my client show 4 hours ahead of the actual time. When I do a manual update, the time showing as the last update is 4 hours ahead of my actual time. Why? My system clock is correct..:(

LeBo, it is same here. The first hours is when they automatically uploaded the work and the last hours shows when they will upload next time. Nothing abnormal. You can ignore it. If you have shoose 150 WU´s you don´t ned do a manual update. I downloaded 200 WU´s and then I forgot it.:)

LeBo
05-19-2007, 02:47 PM
OK I set it to 200 and let it do it's work.

Lagu
05-19-2007, 06:31 PM
To you as run D20L:

If you have downloaded 200 WU´s you can suspend the network. If you don’t want to suspend your network you can set “Candidate queue size” to 00 . This mean the node automatically upload your finished works but not receive new work.

I think 200 WU is enough for a single core CPU and will be enough for little more than 24 hours. If you run that project on 2 cores you may download 400 WU´s.

What I will tell is: If you have suspended the node from your network you may check the Node each 24 hours. Imagine you have downloaded 200 WU´s and after 24 hours you have 50 WU´s in the queue you can download more than 200 WU´s. If you stay with 200 WU´s and your connection is on you earn more or less than 150 (total 200) new tasks every time. It can be good in the beginning but when we want to run out of WU´s before next project you have to operate how many you want. The minimum WU´s is always 50 and is crunched after a certain amount of hours depending of how fast your computer crunch D20L.

Here is a link to Dspy: http://homepages.opencominc.com/smichael/dspy.html

After downloading it make a copy on your dashboard. Start it and click on “Browse”. Search after Sengent D20L on your hard disc click on it and Dspy begin collect data. The advantage is you don’t need open your node for watch how many WU`s you have done, the size of the Queue and how long every step takes (20 steps).:)