PDA

View Full Version : Going back

Lagu
05-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I had to recovery my Intel and AMD Athlon 64 3200+ to standard settings I.E. 2,4 and 2,2 MHz because it begin be to hot in my computer room. It is +28 C into the room. CPU +62 C and +59 C isn’t so good because it will be even warmer when the outdoor thermometer hit 25-30 degree over zero. If it is +30 C the room can be warmer than the outside temperature especially if it is absolute calm.
In Sweden it is not common have a fan mounted on the roof or a cold devise because we not have tropic climate. We have rather artic climate and 3 months with temperatures ranging from +25-40 C. I will not woke up and discover any computer has shout down due to heat stroke.

But my over clocking was only a few % so it makes no difference.

I guess many of you have air conditioning? :)

Bender10
05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Hello Lagu,

How are you doing? Well I hope.

I have my computers in the cellar (basement), where the tempeture is 5-8 degrees(F) cooler than the house. Right now my warmest cpu is an X2 5200 running at 2.8Ghz. It is ~35 C (95F) with a stock fan. All my other cpu's run cooler than this. I don't overclock much (yeti..).

Right now our outside temps are around 21 - 25 C. Inside temp is around 19-21C.

Regards,
Bender

Steve Lux
05-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I live in South Carolina (USA) and it tends to get rather warm and humid locally. The only air conditioner I have in my house is a small 5000 BTU window unit in my computer room. It's main purpose is to protect my computers and to keep most of the humidity down. Ceiling fans do a good job of distributing cooler air through my small house.

Of course, the only reason I can get away with what some would consider to be uncomfortable conditions is because I live alone. Consequently I rarely have to concern myself with what does or does not make others comfortable.

My Opty 185 is running at a nice toasty 57C. Not really a problem compared to the fact that the stock fan doesn't seem to speed up to compensate. It only runs at just over 1300 RPM. When it gets too hot it simply re-IPLs.

Evil-Dragon
05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
My IPCOP firewall has started experiencing a slow warm up over the last week as you can see:

http://evildragon.myby.co.uk/images/ipcoptemps.PNG

drezha
05-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Beginning to get hotter here in the UK. My air con is called "Opening a window" :p

Uni's almost finished now for the summer so I'm off back home which means I'll only be running the laptop and that'll only be on all night mainly. A laptop and a PC in a room runs fairly warm and with the rising temps will become unbearable.

And I wont run in the basement of this house cos it's damp and horrible..