PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why...

spikey_richie
05-29-2007, 02:59 PM
... I get less credit than a 2800+

I was looking at the top computers today, based on recent credit. there's a 2800+ in there kicking at around 750, yet my recent credit is around 250.

Even if he was HEAVILY over-clocked, I wouldn't have thought his credit would be so much...

I would try going back to an optimized client, but I think that did more bad than good. With Rosetta at least, I was getting more points from the non-optimized client.

Help! I know my PC can push these bigger numbers but I'm struggling to figure what I'm doing wrong.

Evil-Dragon
05-29-2007, 03:01 PM
They are probably cheating.

That's why their credit is much higher (assumption)

AMDave
05-29-2007, 03:05 PM
The "A" in RAC stands for Average (over time)
Your average is still climbing because you just resumed the project very recently.

Personally I can't understand why RAC is even used.
It causes nothing but confusion.

PcManiac
05-29-2007, 03:18 PM
something else that is confusing is why everyone near the top of our team for primegrid hides their computers!!! why oh why!?!?! we want to see them :D

spikey_richie
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
So Dave - I should see it go up every day pretty much then?

I guess that makes sense. I crunched for a short while took a long break and now I'm back in... I guess all those weeks in-between are bringing my average down.

AMDave
05-29-2007, 03:41 PM
members near the top of most teams and projects tend to hide their computers

it can be used strategically to add more boxen on the hush-hush when gearing up to make a pass on your DC opponent esp. for those of us who are still into the dump-n-obliterate method of gauntlet winning :)

it also allows you to hide any vulnerability such as a propensity to a particular OS (win / linux) or CPU type (x86 / 64) which your DC opponent might use to their advantage when planning a gauntlet