View Full Version : Some general information Please
06-08-2007, 04:37 AM
1) I started one Climate change unit in September and completed it in January, and have no indication on BOINC of credit from BBC, is that normal?
2) I am new to this team concept. Do teams have access to units that single users don't?
Work units from both sources seem irregular at best, in fact I started Spinhenge because SETI wasn't sending any work units, I hadn't recieved any new units for about a month. Units started trickling in but then I couldn't upload my results. (from about May 1st to June 1st) Seti units have picked up and spinhenge have dropped off inthe past week.
On my own to date, I have completed over 7.7k Credits on Seti@home and over 6.1k on Spinhenge@home sense April 10th of this year. How many credits should I have recieved from the BBC Climate change work unit?
3) How are credits related to work units?
06-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the Team.
1. Climate has "hugh" wu's. Did you finish it before the Due Date??
2. Everyone draws from the same pool of wu's. You have to check the project home page "Message Board" for updates on wu's issues. Most projects will post if their wu server is having a problem (usually after a user posts about a wu problem...:icon_wink: ...)
3. How credits are awarded differs in a couple of ways. It is usually based on how much time (normally displayed in seconds) it takes to "crunch" (basic idea) the wu, and the points per 1,000 seconds of "crunches" differs from project to project.
You might get a more in depth answer from someone else later. Look around the 'Board', and have fun!!
EDIT: I got up to let the dogs out, answered your post, went back to bed, got up again to edit out mistakes......now I have to go to werk...
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes I completed the Climate change unit in January, long before the April due date. Where can I go to see If credit has been posted?
I tried to start another Climate change work unit to no avail, so moved into the SETI@home group at that point as a loner. I had completed an entire year of SETI work units in my old computer about three years ago, don't know where those credits went either, or if they still even exist.
06-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow, that's a good one. I don't have any experience with running Climate or SETI. Maybe someone else can help.
I found your 7,000+ points for SETI listed in BOINC Stats...Did you find anything in our "Climate" thread that would help?
06-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Any credits you earned should show in Your Account at Climate.
In Your Account near the bottom of page is Results click on View, there it will tell you the status of the work unit.
I couldn't find ghost556 or Ghost556 in the profiles at Climate.
Because Climate wu's are big, ugly and long running you should have been receiving points as you progressed through it (as long Boinc had internet connection).
Okay after I wrote this I found Harry at Climate and you haven't gotten any credits yet for some reason.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.