PDA

View Full Version : AMD 64 Discount...Should We? READ

Jeff
08-04-2004, 05:06 AM
I have the opportunity to buy an AMD Athlon 64 bundle.

The bundle consists of: an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ (SKU# AMD 1900), Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard, heat sink and fan, fully assembled at the highly discounted price of $179.

I think that would be great. So if that would help the team out, help donate some cash or buy some products from the AMD Store http://www.cafeshops.com/amdusers

Post your comments...

Jeff

WienerDog
08-04-2004, 05:11 AM
ok........checked the store...and since i drink coffe by the gallon, think ill oerder me a mug tommorow after i get off work...... not much but best i can do right now :oops:

Ototero
08-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Nice to see you back WienerDog,

Did you go on a small holiday ;) ;) ;)

Jeff
08-05-2004, 04:20 AM
Bump

BC
08-05-2004, 05:04 AM
I have the opportunity to buy an AMD Athlon 64 bundle.

The bundle consists of: an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ (SKU# AMD 1900), Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard, heat sink and fan, fully assembled at the highly discounted price of $179.

I think that would be great. So if that would help the team out, help donate some cash or buy some products from the AMD Store http://www.cafeshops.com/amdusers

Post your comments...

Jeff

Jeff... That is exactly the config I have for 2 machines.....

There is a problem with the pair in that configuration..... I have yet to identify the problem... I am tracking down whether it is BIOS or MB drivers. It could also be the Via K8T800 chipset itself. I am uncertain as to the real problem....I am running special tests and submitting results.... but nobody is saying anything. I do know my one chip is being tested to certify it's integrity. (Yes, one outright failed... which has NEVER happened before, and the other won't run certain apps).

I think the problem is Via.... I am running a Sledgehammer with clipped pins so it can't function as an Opteron using the Nvidia chipset and it's rock solid stable at 2.52G.... The Clawhammer core became unstable at 2.0G (stock) and NewCastle became unstable at 2.2G..... I really do suspect the ASUS MB w/ Via chipset.

Anyone with an A'64 on another board / chipset PLEASE speak up.

How long is the offer valid for?

Remember, the A'64 is now officially discontinued (both Clawhammer and NewCastle cores) It's a 64 bit chip on a 32 bit bus.

Sempron is taking it's place in the 754 pin pack.. It's (I believe) a modified A'64 core with 32 bit cache instead of 64bit, and correctly designed for 754.. and the San Diego (forget the product name) got pushed up to 940 pin... and then there is the 939 pin pack... which is the REAL A'64 replacement.

I am having difficulty getting info from engineering and advanced product development because so much is transitioning from proto to pre-production to full production right now..... The paperwork, testing, and Fab spin up work is incredible. Engineering (Austin) is totally responsible for all that.

Advanced Products (Boston) is zipped at the moment, for reasons I am fairly certain of but without verification.

I think, overall, Austin is transitioning to the production side, and Boston is transitioning the K9's to Austin for finalization.... but that is not a cerified / confirmed fact.

K10's I know are beta / select pre-prod and doing well... K11's are doing well as well. (that much I do have).

Chuck

*EDIT* -- I found an article and submitted it.... It concerns ASUS... Please read... it may be the source of the extreme discounts.. *END EDIT*

Jeff
08-05-2004, 04:02 PM
The promotion ends August 20th. I get the special discount because I sell electronics.