PDA

View Full Version : BRaTS@Home

PoorBoy
06-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Another new Project you guys should fit right into ... :icon_lol: ... http://maxwell.dhcp.umsl.edu/brats/ ... I started a AMD Users Team already but couldn't get the Header right. Tried HTML & vB Code but it wasn't right. When Vaughan or somebody else joins up they can take over ... :)

Evil-Dragon
06-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Signed up, good find PoorBoy.

PoorBoy
06-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Yep, there's really no work yet except for a few Linux Wu's, but it doesn't matter, it's better to get signed up now than get shut out once they get to many Users for the Project that they close the Account Creation.

Heck, I just finally did my first Lattice Wu's a few days ago & I joined that Project back in June of 2005 ... :icon_redface: ... They never seemed to have any Windows Wu's when I'd check on the Project but snagged a few when I check recently & now their out again ... :icon_rolleyes:

vaughan
06-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks PoorBoy. I've joined too.
:)

PoorBoy
06-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks PoorBoy. I've joined too.
:)

Okay, your the Founder now ... :)

AMD-USR_JL
06-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks Poorboy, I always like finding new and exciting projects. Hey look, Evil-Dragon is UOTD.

Evil-Dragon
06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
The UOTD for new BOINC projects is always screwy. I'll disappear off there at some point in the day. Plus the avatar uploading doesn't work (tried 3 times)

PoorBoy
06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Probably a lot of things are going to be screwy at the project for now, the guy is just starting out & feeling his way along ...

Nflight
06-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I now have an account too, but the Team sign up was not available hmmm... I now have more Boinc Projects then fingers and toes!
The team sign up appeared 20 minutes later, I am in !

PoorBoy
06-09-2007, 12:37 PM
1 more Account @ the BOINC Projects will give me 50 of them ... :icon_mrgreen:

Bender10
06-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks PoorBoy.

I really have to get a Linux box running sometime....

NeoGen
06-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks PoorBoy.

I really have to get a Linux box running sometime....
Me too!

I'm in, but haven't attached to any machine yet.
Thanks Poorboy! :)

PcManiac
06-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Woohoo! I am in too :D

I need to get a Linux box up now :icon_neutral:

gamer007
06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Joined.

@ 45 projects right now. Wonder what I'm missing. :icon_razz:

AMD-USR_JL
07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
My windows PC just got a WU!. I guess it could have gotten one earlier too.

June 18, 2007 16:27
As some of you have noticed you have gotten windows work units. They were small but they were on XP! I resolved a checkpointing issue. The windows science app is nearly finished. It seems slow. I'm going to see if I can do something about that. Otherwise I hope to be beta testing the actually science app soon. The current windows betaapp is just the wrapper I'm using to go around my code. That's why the workunits were small. Once the real science app is done, expect bigger units! Just wanted to give out an update.

Nflight
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
News

February 1, 2008
After an unannounced firewall change, BRaTS@Home is back online. I took the forced hiatus as an opportunity to upgrade to the new BOINC server. In fact you may have seen some changes already. You can read about these changes in this post (http://maxwell.dhcp.umsl.edu/brats/forum_thread.php?id=38&nowrap=true#370). Next step is to upgrade the science app to the new API. That I will start (and hopefully finish) Monday. Thanks, David.

Looks like we should be up and running on this project this week. Now only If I can find time?

sentient_life
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I would like to join this project, but it seems account creation is closed at the moment.

AMDave
03-31-2008, 09:36 AM
As sentient_life has pointed out membership is still closed.
The project is not well resourced and the member demand far outweigh WU supply.
Therefore the PM is not going to open it any time soon.
However, he is doing his best to get some work out.
I have received 3 work units since 24-March.
At the moment the rest of you with accounts appear to be missing out.
That's alright.
Team Rank #1 is fine by me.:icon_razz:
(but we would be pushing up the ranks real fast if y'all'd jump back in)

PoorBoy
03-31-2008, 11:03 AM
I threw 1 Slug on it, I forgot all about the Project cause it was Linux when it first started out (at least I think it was that way) but I see they have a Windows Application now ... :)

AMDave
03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Sweet. Thanks PoorBoy.

Yes. There are so many projects now it is a challenge to remember them all, let alone dip the toes in each one.

PoorBoy
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Some how I managed to pick up 2 Wu's yesterday from this Project, they both finished ok & returned ok ... :) ... They might not get Validated until next year though as it looks like there's a Quorum of 5 at the Project ... :icon_rolleyes:

sentient_life
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
BRaTS needs to open up registration. I know they hardly have much work, but that hasn't stopped Cels, Orbit, Hydrogen, and LHC from allowing access. Docking isn't open either, but I have an account there.:icon_mrgreen:

PoorBoy
04-04-2008, 07:58 PM
BRaTS needs to open up registration. I know they hardly have much work, but that hasn't stopped Cels, Orbit, Hydrogen, and LHC from allowing access. Docking isn't open either, but I have an account there.:icon_mrgreen:

Me Too ... :icon_mrgreen: